• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should There Be a Central Main Dungeon in SS?

Should there be a central main dungeon in SS?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Heck no!

• I don't care

• Total voters

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Self explainatory title is self explainatory. Do you want a central main dungeon in Skyward Sword?

Anyways, the question came to my mind after listening to a fanmade ost in which the description said it was the theme of a dungeon nearly identical (in aspect and concept) to the Temple of the Ocean King from Phantom Hourglass and that made me think. What do others think of the idea?

As for me, I personally say that a central main dungeon should not happen. It was alright as it was done in ST and just a downright bad idea as it was in PH. Honestly, I'm not sure I'd trust Nintendo with another central main dungeon. It kinda takes away from the experience, making them focus mainly upon the puzzles in that dungeon (I don't need Nintendo to tell us that to know it: PH and ST already showed us that if there's a central main dungeon, it takes away from the puzzle quality of the other dungeons). Another thing is that it adds a monotonous feel to the game, something that definately should not be included in the main quest of the game.

So, what about you?

shan-tastic

nine thousand and one.
To be honest, I didn't like the Central Dungeon feature. I've only played Spirit Tracks so far, but I was not at all crazy about going back to the the Tower of Spirits after completing a ridiculously short temple. Zelda has always been about visiting and exploring many different types of crazy dungeons, and while having a centralized destination certainly helps keep the storyline organized and interesting, it like you said, adds a monotonous/repetitive feel to what should be a really exciting adventure with some surprises and spontaneity as well.

So...in short, no.

I think I had enough of central main dungeons for next 10 years. Spirits Tracks fixed what was SO VERY ANNOYING about Phantom Hourglass' central dungeon, but it was still annoying as duck going back over and over again.

So, no.

13foxes

I don't really care. What's the differences between placing puzzle in one dungeon and scatter them out? As long as those are hard puzzles and fun to solve, then it's fine. The puzzles' locations doesn't matter, but their quality does. And I don't see any differences between going back in a place and going to some other places. You'll always find something new. And, they're the same 'going from point A to point B'. So, I can't see any problems with both of the choices.

I don't think there will be a central main dungeon in Skyward Sword just because Nintendo has been cherishing this game so much, to do something like that would just render it rather redundant. Maybe have a central location? Like where Link might have to journey to a holy temple up in the clouds often, but not all the freakin time. The only thing that should be routine about this next Zelda game is the controls.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
NO. Absolutely not. I don't want to return to a place over and over again. It'll just get boring and repetitive and from what I've already heard about ST and especially PH, it sounds even worse than I imagine it to already be. The whole point of this new Zelda game is to make it a little fresh and nice, so adding repetitive qualities to something like that will just piss me off.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
Central dungeons were a great idea in PH and ST because of their dungeons' shortness. But Skyward Sword, being a console game, will probably have long dungeons, and therefore will have no need of a central dungeon.

P

Phantom Ganon

You know I don't think anyone likes those type of dungeons.
I remember all my friends being angry at how they hated ST and PH for their central Dungeons as well was I.
I give this idea two votes down but since I can only vote once let my vote count.

I really don't think that would be too good... so no lol

Maybe very repetitive after awhile.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
No way, if we get another central main dungeon, I'll scream. PH's was annoying enough, and even though ST fixed that, I think CMDs really only belong in DS titles for now (excluding OoT, of course...).

jlemon9721

Me. I kill you.
Heck no! It was sort of creative in TP, but in ST it just got old for me, i was soooo worried during E3 that they where going to use the formula that the 2 DS zelda's used and put it in SS.
(wow five abbreviations in one sentence!)

but with Spirit Tracks, it kinda looked like they were copying of PH.

That's mostly because that's basically what they did. They took the Phantom Hourglass team, took what worked from Phantom hourglass, improved what didn't work and made Spirit Tracks.

Even with the improvements they made in Spirit Tracks, the Tower of Spirits is what made me stop playing the game. I liked the tower much more than the temple of the ocean king, but I still hated it. It still didn't seem to work. I think they should scrap the concept altogether for good.

Besides, even if they did, that's more of a handheld thing, don't you think? I suppose they could do it if they wanted, but I don't think it would work.

Linebeck1000

Legendary Captain
I don't mind the Temple of the Ocean King as much as most people (in fact, it's the only dungeon in PH that I liked!), but I can see why some people don't like it because of the backtracking and time limit. I thought the one in ST was boring and unnecessary though since they pretty much removed everything that made this kind of dungeon unique (being able to discover different things on old floors as new items become available to you, and theres no real reason to visit any of the old floors anyway in the Tower of Spirits) so I think they should have just made them seperate dungeons.

But I would rather them leave this idea alone completely in SS. I don't want it to feel anything like the DS games because, IMO, those are the worst of the zelda games >_>. But the central dungeon thing doesn't worry me at all; the thing I'm worried about most at this point is, since the DS Zelda team is working on this game, that they're going to completely water down the story, characters, and overworld. That's what ruined the DS titles for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom