• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should THEBESTEMOTES stay gone in all forms

Should they stay gone in all forms

• yes keep them gone

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • no bring them back

Votes: 14 43.8%

• Total voters

Misty

Ronin
Firstly, I didn't literally think people lacked the mental capacity, but I found some of the wording in your thread suspect and I feel people often skip over and don't really read things, just sort of see "emotes: gone or not".

Don't worry, I basically don't think you're Hitler. I just think you're a sexist elitist who might include poison with the emotes to cull the ranks of the unwashed masses.

Regardless, this is something you easily could have requested I deleted or had a chat with me about, as I just did with Misty, instead of passive aggressively responding to me and drawing comparisons to me and someone who ordered the death of people in the range of 8 figures based on their race and sexuality.

Honestly, if you didn't want to be compared to the late, great Adolf, you shouldn't have that little moostache and wave your arms around. We plebs cannot help but jump to conclusions from not thoroughly reading what people say.

Reactions: Dio

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Don't worry, I basically don't think you're Hitler. I just think you're a sexist elitist who might include poison with the emotes to cull the ranks of the unwashed masses.

Honestly, if you didn't want to be compared to the late, great Adolf, you shouldn't have that little moostache and wave your arms around. We plebs cannot help but jump to conclusions from not thoroughly reading what people say.
I'm not really finding this funny and I've already asked you to stop. I'm not sure what more I'm supposed to say to get someone to stop doing something that's bothering me and can easily be avoided, but apparently asking nicely doesn't work.

Misty

Ronin
I'm not really finding this funny and I've already asked you to stop. I'm not sure what more I'm supposed to say to get someone to stop doing something that's bothering me and can easily be avoided, but apparently asking nicely doesn't work.

We asked nicely for the emotes to go away...and you didn't care about that. We're not sure what to do. You tell us and we'll certainly consider it.

DARK MASTER

The Emperor
@Jamie if you pressed I'd probably answer I want some emotes shirked in size back (like my glorious turkey emote), but this isn't Burger King, I don't get to have **** my way. I suppose @Deus feels irritated you're trying to passive aggressively circumvent his poll, and the small voice of this community.

I get you worked on emote creation, I loved my turkey emote, though I won't speculate on your intentions, I do think this is a loosing battle.

Finally, I'm sure you're smart enough to realize @Misty doesn't actually believe you're the equivalent of a mass murder.

Jamie

I get you worked on emote creation, I loved my turkey emote, though I won't speculate on your intentions, I do think this is a loosing battle.
I just want a sarcastic shrug emote. I can't possibly understand what's so bad about this.

Finally, I'm sure you're smart enough to realize @Misty doesn't actually believe you're the equivalent of a mass murder.
Obviously, I just found her posts were getting irritating.

Misty

Ronin
I just want a sarcastic shrug emote. I can't possibly understand what's so bad about this.

Yes, I think it is clear to everyone you don't understand, but you also don't seem to be making much of an effort to understand. You either imply those who support getting rid of emotes are stupid or not reading clearly. Which is insulting for sho, but also seems to imply that no one would support getting rid of the emotes entirely unless they were ignorant, misunderstood, or were plain veggies. I read what deus wrote and understood both sides very clearly. I don't want those emotes back all the same. Which am I? The stupid, ignorant, misunderstanding, or plain veggie?

It's nice to paint your opposition like that, just like it is fun to paint the opposition as hitler, but I think you even would agree it isn't fair or useful.

I don't need you to explain me, DM.

Jamie

Yes, I think it is clear to everyone you don't understand, but you also don't seem to be making much of an effort to understand. You either imply those who support getting rid of emotes are stupid or not reading clearly. Which is insulting for sho, but also seems to imply that no one would support getting rid of the emotes entirely unless they were ignorant, misunderstood, or were plain veggies. I read what deus wrote and understood both sides very clearly. I don't want those emotes back all the same. Which am I? The stupid, ignorant, misunderstanding, or plain veggie?

It's nice to paint your opposition like that, just like it is fun to paint the opposition as hitler, but I think you even would agree it isn't fair or useful.
Untrue, I just thought, based on various wording, that there were lots of people who didn't understand the thread. I never said that they are all ignorant, misunderstood, etc, clearly Deus isn't misunderstood about anything. I am making an effort to understand, but I cannot. Possibly because I was on the opposite side the whole time the "dark ages" were going on, and am often seen as a "contributor", but I cannot understand the issue of having a sarcastic, normally-sized shrug emote.

Jamie

Right, and my response to that is "have you tried?" Because I think you'll find the answer is "no".
I have, and I cannot grasp the point of view. Excuse me for not being able to invade your mind.

Misty

Ronin
I have, and I cannot grasp the point of view. Excuse me for not being able to invade your mind.

You might find if you called people stupid or lacking reading comprehension a little less, I mean "made less jokes" it would be easier.

Still, I'll offer you an outline of reasons I have:

1. Those emotes are stupid. I mean, truly stupid and tedious. They're used in place of actual communication and spammed in place of articulate responses.

2. They look like ****e and make it impossible to take this place seriously for new (and possibly old) users.

3. I'm led to understand they were created to be obnoxious and cancerous <---unsurprising. They're nailing it in that way.

4. Since they've been gone, I can breath for the first time.

5. No seriously, I actually want to read chat now and I know even if the small ones return, I'll stop liking to read chat.

6. Stats show I'm not alone in this.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~

You cant grasp the point of view that that emote and others like it produce a negative reaction and is unpleasant for people to look at?

It is like you saying faeces is nice to eat. The rest of us say no it isn't but you insist everyone should like it and there is no reason not to. You cant understand why not. The fact is many don't like thebestemotes, any of them in any form. You just have to accept it if you won't understand.

Jamie

You cant grasp the point of view that that emote and others like it produce a negative reaction and is unpleasant for people to look at?

It is like you saying faeces is nice to eat. The rest of us say no it isn't but you insist everyone should like it and there is no reason not to. You cant understand why not. The fact is many don't like thebestemotes, any of them in any form. You just have to accept it if you won't understand.
I can't understand why. I'm aware of the fact, but I have trouble understanding why people are so bothered by it.

Jamie

You might find if you called people stupid or lacking reading comprehension a little less, I mean "made less jokes" it would be easier.
k
Still, I'll offer you an outline of reasons I have:

1. Those emotes are stupid. I mean, truly stupid and tedious. They're used in place of actual communication and spammed in place of articulate responses.

2. They look like ****e and make it impossible to take this place seriously for new (and possibly old) users.

3. I'm led to understand they were created to be obnoxious and cancerous <---unsurprising. They're nailing it in that way.

4. Since they've been gone, I can breath for the first time.

5. No seriously, I actually want to read chat now and I know even if the small ones return, I'll stop liking to read chat.

6. Stats show I'm not alone in this.
The first point, really can't understand that. Showing emotions and body language is part of human nature. I like having images that can easily represent that. I just want a shrug emote, it doesn't need to be a smug 2.5D smiley, i just want to be able to sarcastically shrug at people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom