• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Should the New Game Have a Helper Guide?

Should Zelda Wii U have a helper/guide character?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Overexaggerating in a video for comedic purposes is one thing. Frequently going out of your way to overexaggerate to such an absurd degree that it feels like you're crying out for attention is more annoying than Fi is.

In fact, it's probably on the level of Scrappy Doo & Jar Jar Binks.

D

Deleted member 14134

Overexaggerating in a video for comedic purposes is one thing. Frequently going out of your way to overexaggerate to such an absurd degree that it feels like you're crying out for attention is more annoying than Fi is.

Next time I exaggerate for comedic purposes I'll make sure to do it in video form and not within a post on a forum. Thank you for the feedback.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
I say Yes, but not the kind that you are describing. The way it's worded assumes that a helper guide cannot be anything other than the intrusive ones we've had on the 3D games.

I say it can be different. I'd like a helper just to have someone to tag along.

That said, instead of a helper per se, I would prefer a legion of heroes within the main hub town that you could choose from to help you on your journey. Sort of like a Resistance where each character has their own specialties. Some could be about knowledge, where others could be about power. As long as there isn't a lot of, "Make sure the character doesn't die" stuff and they don't say things to you 24/7 without you asking. They can come in for story reasons and for you asking for help.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
That said, instead of a helper per se, I would prefer a legion of heroes within the main hub town that you could choose from to help you on your journey. Sort of like a Resistance where each character has their own specialties. Some could be about knowledge, where others could be about power. As long as there isn't a lot of, "Make sure the character doesn't die" stuff and they don't say things to you 24/7 without you asking. They can come in for story reasons and for you asking for help.

Ehhhh, I don't think anyone would like having someone tagging along at all times. People already ditched the companion mechanic in Skyrim like it was the plague.

D

Deleted member 14134

The definition of missing the point.

The definition of missing the point. Instead of acting like I'm a higher form of intelligence than everyone I'll explain what I meant, though I expect several pictures and graphs to get you to understand. I exaggerate, wait that's a big word, I say Fi is more annoying than she is as a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
The definition of missing the point. Instead of acting like I'm a higher form of intelligence than everyone I'll explain what I meant, though I expect several pictures and graphs to get you to understand. I exaggerate, wait that's a big word, I say Fi is more annoying than she is as a joke.

No, see, you completely missed this part:

Frequently going out of your way to overexaggerate to such an absurd degree that it feels like you're crying out for attention is more annoying than Fi is.

You used a video as an accentuation to your overexaggeration, but that video was made purely for comedic purposes. You, on the other hand, have made so many unnecessary comments about Fi that are so over-the-top and so ignorant to the fact that she DOES have useful information when she's not stating the obvious that it's not only gotten old, but the bones have begun decaying. You're not doing it for comedic purposes, you're using it as a personal vent.

D

Deleted member 14134

No, see, you completely missed this part:

You used a video as an accentuation to your overexaggeration, but that video was made purely for comedic purposes. You, on the other hand, have made so many unnecessary comments about Fi that are so over-the-top and so ignorant to the fact that she DOES have useful information when she's not stating the obvious that it's not only gotten old, but the bones have begun decaying. You're not doing it for comedic purposes, you're using it as a personal vent.

Other than the one I made on this thread I only remember one other comment I made about her. If it offends you so much I'll stop I guess I'll be more careful what I joke about in the future knowing that there are very sensitive users on this forum. Also everything you say about Skyward Sword to me is extremely one sided, you defend it but refuse to even acknowledge its flaws. Perhaps you should look at your own practices before you so quickly judge others?

Also over-exaggeration should at least be hyphenated.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Other than the one I made on this thread I only remember one other comment I made about her. If it offends you so much I'll stop I guess I'll be more careful what I joke about in the future knowing that there are very sensitive users on this forum. Also everything you say about Skyward Sword to me is extremely one sided, you defend it but refuse to even acknowledge its flaws. Perhaps you should look at your own practices before you so quickly judge others?

First off, you've made waaaaay more than one other comment on Fi, so don't even try to lie about that. Two, why would I be offended, and how am I possibly coming off as such? Three, I've pointed out numerous flaws that Skyward Sword has before, including in conversations with you, so how you missed that is beyond me -- I'll even list them here if you want me to. Four, (tables turned, here) when was the last time you said a single POSITIVE thing about the game?

D

Deleted member 14134

First off, you've made waaaaay more than one other comment on Fi, so don't even try to lie about that. Two, why would I be offended, and how am I possibly coming off as such? Three, I've pointed out numerous flaws that Skyward Sword has before, including in conversations with you, so how you missed that is beyond me -- I'll even list them here if you want me to. Four, (tables turned, here) when was the last time you said a single POSITIVE thing about the game?

1.Could you do me the kindness of tracking down these hateful comments about her? And point out to me which ones are actually serious and which ones are jokes? 2. You seem to be getting quite annoyed and even calling me a liar about this so it must mean something to you. 3. Be my guest. 4. I point out things I believe Skyward Sword did wrong and what it should do to improve on it. I don't track down everyone who says positive things about this game and tell them they're wrong. I voice my opinions about threads relevant to the topic and they usually appear negative, or satirical (which you have failed to see as such). Now you also resort to taking jabs at my intelligence and call me a liar. I can never have a reasonable conversation with you for these reasons. On several occasions I have tried to find common ground with you and reason with you, even sent you a private message saying that having different opinions is no reason we can't get along. But you're too proud of yourself and you see your opinion as law. I do not see the need to talk to a brick wall so I will no longer reply to your posts seriously as you have shown me you are not mature enough to get along with and have a discussion with someone who has a different opinion than you.

Maikeru

Piper of Time
Ehhhh, I don't think anyone would like having someone tagging along at all times. People already ditched the companion mechanic in Skyrim like it was the plague.

I just figured it would be a nice way to both have someone to help if you need information (though you wouldn't have to bring one along), and that it would be a good way for them to consider doing the multiplayer thing they are thinking about doing.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
1.Could you do me the kindness of tracking down these hateful comments about her? And point out to me which ones are actually serious and which ones are jokes?

I don't see the point in offering this kindness when I know damn well you wouldn't find multiple quotes from different weeks ago if I asked you to. Why don't you go look through your post archive and find them for yourself?

2. You seem to be getting quite annoyed and even calling me a liar about this so it must mean something to you.

It's called irritation. I do tend to get irritated somewhat easily, though, which is no doubt why debates usually turn sour with me, whereas normal conversations are quite civil -- though I should point out that it's always been with select people that debates go this way (you unfortunately being one of them).

And I said you were lying because you amazingly said you'd only made one other comment about Fi when that wasn't true. Perhaps you truly don't remember making other ones, TECHNICALLY making you not a liar, but regardless... you still made much more than one other.

3. Be my guest.

*sigh*

• Linear
  • Empty Sky
  • Missed opportunities (such as having no ice area and not being very in-depth with the backstory)
  • The entire return to Faron
  • Tiny second portion of Eldin
  • Too much padding at the end (Song of the Hero quest)
  • Fi's constant popping out
Just the major things off the top of my head. There are other minor, but still noticeable problems.

4. I point out things I believe Skyward Sword did wrong and what it should do to improve on it. I don't track down everyone who says positive things about this game and tell them they're wrong.

I don't do the opposite of that, either. If I happen to be in a thread and I see someone say something that I don't think is logically sound, then I'm usually going to address it. It has nothing to do with tracking people down, nor does it have to do with any kind of spite -- it's just how I work.

Now you also resort to taking jabs at my intelligence
Did me proving how dense you were a few days ago

I'll just leave that as it is.

I can never have a reasonable conversation with you for these reasons. On several occasions I have tried to find common ground with you and reason with you, even sent you a private message saying that having different opinions is no reason we can't get along.

I'm not exactly glad we haven't gotten along, either. Circumstances of me posting the way I do have just led to it. Perhaps I should just stop responding to you entirely unless it's something positive.

But you're too proud of yourself and you see your opinion as law.

I don't ever see you changing your thoughts on a topic. It's funny how there are people that say I think my word is law, yet they turn right back around and never waver on what they think. Hypocrisy -- gotta love it.

I do not see the need to talk to a brick wall so I will no longer reply to your posts seriously as you have shown me you are not mature enough to get along with and have a discussion with someone who has a different opinion than you.

This coming from the guy who started keeping a score when making obviously & horrendously false statements about video game exclusives, then proceed to say I'm "dense" despite being dead wrong.

Yes, guides are necessary for new players. Games aren't just moving the stick and pushing some buttons anymore, technology has advanced to the point of complex gameplay that would frustrate a child to tears without a tutorial. Furthermore, I find it selfish of Zelda fans to say that handholding is the worst thing in existence when the whole point of it is help kids which, ironically, Navi and Fi haters behave like.

Anyway, while a guides are necessary, they can also be optional which is what I would prefer.

octorok74

TETTAC
I like the idea of a helper. I liked in OoT how you could get information on enemies, so I'd like that with the helper. But I also think it would be cool to have a Minish as a helper. Someone that could be under Link's hat. Just an idea I like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom