• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should LoZ introduce a new Hero as a main character?

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I'm not saying to get rid of Link, but maybe for a co-op mode or something, have Link get a best friend or a powerful ally, maybe a Goron or Zora or Rito or something, and have them work together and use their abilities, or maybe have a sword-wielding hero who just looks up to Link or fights along side him occasionally or something?

Maybe it's time for a bit of a change from the Green dress and hat, and time for a new character to take the stage, if only for one game.

linkman8

True and Noble
I'd agree on most of your points, but I wouldn't want a new character completely taking over Link's job. Like you said, perhaps a character who travels with Link everywhere who looks up to him, but is still a main character.

It would be fun. Yea you would have to use both for puzzles, simmilar to MC, but much more difficult.
Navi and midna dont count.

Theres a new hero in nearly every Zelda. He is just called Link as av way that the players 'links' to the character as said by Miyamoto himself. But an actual team like in RPGs like Chrono Trigger and FF wouldnt be a bad idea.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
Personally, I wouldn't like it if they didn't have Link as the main character. I wouldn't find it the same. Maybe I'd learn to like it, and think it would be great, but just as a thought, I'm not a big fan.

Link almost always has a sidekick as a secondary main character in the games. If they had a new main character, they would have to be as much playable as Link himself. I would like to be able to play as Ganon in a Zelda game. Like have the choice to play as Link of Ganon through the storyline.

EponaOwns

The Real Master of Epona
Maybe just a back up like Navi or Midna. maybe a tiger vulture!! It can run(not as fast as epona of course) fly to certain places only if you have been there but you can like actually go through obstacles in the sky. It will also give advice like navi and turn link into an animal! A mixture of epona, navi, midna, that big blue flying guy that looks like a fat cat and that red dino dude(cat dino in oracle of ages in seasons i think)

Maybe just a back up like Navi or Midna. maybe a tiger vulture!! It can run(not as fast as epona of course) fly to certain places only if you have been there but you can like actually go through obstacles in the sky. It will also give advice like navi and turn link into an animal! A mixture of epona, navi, midna, that big blue flying guy that looks like a fat cat and that red dino dude(cat dino in oracle of ages in seasons i think)

That's Moosh, the flying blue bear your talking about. I'm not sure if the series needs a new guide (as in Navi and Midna) but a completely new character that could also be playable besides Link might be nice.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I agree with the fact that, what do you think of when someone says Zelda? Link, Zelda, Ganon and the Triforce. Its going good all ready and I think a 'team' of people or a new main character would spoil the series.

Yay Link!

Inflexus

ZDG's Prophet
I agree with the fact that, what do you think of when someone says Zelda? Link, Zelda, Ganon and the Triforce. Its going good all ready and I think a 'team' of people or a new main character would spoil the series.

Yay Link!

My question to you, then, is how long do you think it will take before you are bored with the same green-clad hero using the same sword and the same shield doing the same quests?

Dabombster

Do the thing
Site Staff
I think Link is just fine as a character. However, I agree that a co-op mode (not like Four Swords) would be cool. It could definitely make the game more fun and interesting having to use a human partner to solve certain puzzles. They could also make the mini-games as a competition between the players if they wanted, make it even more fun.

Twili123prince

"ZINGA-DINGDING"
Yeah dont get rid of link, just get a follower that be much cooler it could even be two player.It be sweet if you could have rallis from TP or colin.

Last edited:
I think Link is just fine as a character. However, I agree that a co-op mode (not like Four Swords) would be cool. It could definitely make the game more fun and interesting having to use a human partner to solve certain puzzles. They could also make the mini-games as a competition between the players if they wanted, make it even more fun.

I think that would be an awesome idea, but like twiliprincess said, a character who was more of a follower than a main character would be better, because that would keep Link as the main. Say maybe if in a sequel to TP maybe you could have Colin help you out when you needed him or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom