• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Die?

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
i dont think i would have all three of them die. if Zelda dies then how does the royal family live on. that would cause the ending of Hyrule as well.
Which is probably the best way to end it. Without Hyrule, the land of the Gods, there would be no more Zelda to bear the ToW and no more Link to bear the ToC. Without the other two Pieces, the ToP would never go back to Ganon, or anyone for that matter, so Ganon, assuming he does live on, will never have the same power he once had. Without a consant reminder of the Triforce, the Hyrulians would pick up on the next hot religion (just like how it was in the middle-ages) and society would advance, and the game would end with nothing more than a Legend of Zelda.

If this series is ever going to end, it should end finitely.
And boom goes the dynamite.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Which is probably the best way to end it. Without Hyrule, the land of the Gods, there would be no more Zelda to bear the ToW and no more Link to bear the ToC. Without the other two Pieces, the ToP would never go back to Ganon, or anyone for that matter, so Ganon, assuming he does live on, will never have the same power he once had. Without a consant reminder of the Triforce, the Hyrulians would pick up on the next hot religion (just like how it was in the middle-ages) and society would advance, and the game would end with nothing more than a Legend of Zelda.

If this series is ever going to end, it should end finitely.
And boom goes the dynamite.

so you think the series should have a sad ending? after all of the adventures that every link has gone on to prevent such destruction you want it to end in destruction?

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
if Link dies i want it to be in an epic battle with Ganon where they are both dead. i want it to end with Ganon being destroyed for good. i guess there could still be other Links but they wouldnt get the ToC or anything like that because the world is safe, but as long as nintendo makes money off of Zelda and as long as the ToP is around there will always be a link and there will always be Ganon.

link to present

Four Year ZD Member
if Link dies i want it to be in an epic battle with Ganon where they are both dead. i want it to end with Ganon being destroyed for good. i guess there could still be other Links but they wouldnt get the ToC or anything like that because the world is safe, but as long as nintendo makes money off of Zelda and as long as the ToP is around there will always be a link and there will always be Ganon.

Your right on the money, as long nintendo makes money off of the game, link and ganon will never die

DvSag

The Void in the Triforce
so you think the series should have a sad ending? after all of the adventures that every link has gone on to prevent such destruction you want it to end in destruction?
Just because they all die doesn't mean it has to be sad. It could be a sacrifice for the greater good. Like if Zelda poured all of her energy into a Silver Arrow, and just as Link shot it at Ganon who was about to rape an orphanage (or a similar feat of pure malevolence), Ganon turned and just stabbed Link in the gut. But Link got the shot off, and Ganon died, but so did Link, and all the little orphans grew up to run the United Nations.

DCMN

Hero of Internet
I think a scenario were a Link dies could work. I can imagine a TP-style game doing it quite well, with Link dying after the final boss, peacfully and victorious. It would be pretty emotional, and certainly shock most fans.

LinkAlmighty

Waker of the Winds
Just a plain & simple NO. Why? Well I have 5 good reasons (& no it's not my fist)
1. Cause Link is the main character of the series
2. There are so many Links that there would be no point
3. Everyone would be pissed including me
4. What kind of Zelda game ends with you losing & dying no matter what
5. It's not Zelda without Link.

Shnappy

derp
I don't see a point in Link dying. He is the main character of the series. But, if Nintendo wanted to make a game that concludes the Zelda series, it would actually be kind of cool if they ended it on a somber note after the adventures of various different Link's. But I don't want that to happen anytime soon. Long live the Zelda franchise!

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Just skimmed the topic.

I don't think Link dying would go over well. We all love him too much. Even though the "defeating evil and dying peacefully" thing appeals to be in a BIG way (I love writing meloncholy fanfiction) - for the sake of fans' sanity and Nintendo's money making abilities, such a scenario is probably best left to fan-fiction.

Though I did have an idea for a game scenario that I shared once over on North Castle. It would be an all-new game and would be set with different Link/Zelda/Ganon rather than sequel... and in it, Zelda winds up being the one to defeat Ganon because, in the prologue, Link tried and failed. The opening scene would be with her at his grave, swearing to avenge him and save Hyrule. Then, we get, Zelda, Warrior Princess and she's guided at certain points by a Ghost Link (much like Shiek in OoT). In the end, upon defeating Ganon, we get a scene where Ghost Link says goodbye, because he's finally able to be at peace.

As said, I don't think such a scenario would go over too well, but it is fun to exercise the imagination.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Just a plain & simple NO. Why? Well I have 5 good reasons (& no it's not my fist)
1. Cause Link is the main character of the series
2. There are so many Links that there would be no point
3. Everyone would be pissed including me
4. What kind of Zelda game ends with you losing & dying no matter what
5. It's not Zelda without Link.

6. Link is the bearer of the ToC. Even if he dies, there will be a new bearer (so essentially a new Link).
7. They take so long to make new Zelda games that this would seem like a cliff hanger and everyone would be pissed if they had to wait 3 years to figure out what happens next.
8. NOOOOOOOOOOO

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
Of course when reading the title to this thread, I'm sure everyone thought ''HECCKKK NO!'' but seriously, how many more times can they keep remaking Link? I hope forever, but realistically think about it. It's just...too good to be true! I want Link to be around forever but...I don't know....

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
Of course when reading the title to this thread, I'm sure everyone thought ''HECCKKK NO!'' but seriously, how many more times can they keep remaking Link? I hope forever, but realistically think about it. It's just...too good to be true! I want Link to be around forever but...I don't know....

It's not like they are remaking Link. It's techincally a new character every time. If they have stuck with Link this long then what makes you think that they would switch it up on us now? When you think of the series of Zelda, the first thing that comes to your mind is Link even though it's called Zelda. They would never kill him. I don't get why you think it's too good to be true. That would be like the mario series killing off mario or luigi. It just won't happen.

B

blhand26

Cool Idea!

Just skimmed the topic.

I don't think Link dying would go over well. We all love him too much. Even though the "defeating evil and dying peacefully" thing appeals to be in a BIG way (I love writing meloncholy fanfiction) - for the sake of fans' sanity and Nintendo's money making abilities, such a scenario is probably best left to fan-fiction.

Though I did have an idea for a game scenario that I shared once over on North Castle. It would be an all-new game and would be set with different Link/Zelda/Ganon rather than sequel... and in it, Zelda winds up being the one to defeat Ganon because, in the prologue, Link tried and failed. The opening scene would be with her at his grave, swearing to avenge him and save Hyrule. Then, we get, Zelda, Warrior Princess and she's guided at certain points by a Ghost Link (much like Shiek in OoT). In the end, upon defeating Ganon, we get a scene where Ghost Link says goodbye, because he's finally able to be at peace.

As said, I don't think such a scenario would go over too well, but it is fun to exercise the imagination.

I think that is a very interesting idea! :D Finally Zelda would be able to show she can fight and that she's not some girly princess!!! :zelda:
Now to answer the main question, of course they should never kill Link!!
Now if you do think about it each link dies at some point in time BUT there's always a successor.
Although When I think about Link dying I can see the prologue of a new game.
The Hero of Legend is on his death bed and asks for his son. He tells his son (who was named Link after him) about his journeys and the evil that is still in the world and all that important stuff, and lays the burden of being the next hero of legend on him. :triforce: So with that the old Link tells his son (Link) his final words and dies. :cry: There's a beautiful funeral in Hyrule Castle town and all are invited, even Queen Zelda (who has a daughter named .... you guessed it, Zelda) comes and pays her respects to the hero of legend. And after the funeral is all over the son goes over to his fathers graves and swears that he will be the best hero ever.
There more to that I could add but I don't want to bore ya'll to tears. LOL :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom