• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Die?

V

Volvox

That would totally change the Zelda series, and I think it would be for the bad. Replacing our green clad hero, Link? I ask you, what could be worse for the Zelda series than that? It would just ruin it for me, more than Link being able to talk. What would Zelda be like with no Link? I think that he's a perfect hero for the series, and I highly doubt Nintendo would do something like this. It would just scare too many fans away.
I think killing Link would be terrible.

Of course, seeing spirit tracks has made me wonder. Ninty might actually do something like kill Link. They've already killed him in every way except in the actual story with that conductor's outfit.

N

Notemo

But what if I had a fairy or something?....-.- But maaayybe if he sacrificed himself. still, I think that would be pushing it a bit.

Keats

The Most Interesting Man
Outright killing Link off would be a bad thing. However, there could be a segment in the game where Link is killed, but instead of ending the game, he (or rather, his soul) is teleported to an afterlife of sorts. This is where he learns about what is going on and what he must do. After that, he comes back to life.

R

Raymaniac

I think Link will reincarnate untill he succeeds in killing Ganon and Ganondorf.... and i think that will never happen because the franchise would end!!!:(
And ofcourse... Nintendo doesn't want that!!

G

goronslikefire

If Link died in a game and they didn't reincarnate him, people allover would be furious at Nintendo, and Nintendowould be ruining one of their best franchises. So , No, Link shouldn't die. Although, if he did die and Nintendo was ruined by it, went bankrupt, and they had to shut down, I think we all know who to blame. Thats right Sony and Microsoft, I'm watching you.

p.s. I have nothing against Sony and Microsoft I was just kidding

S

Super Goombario

You're aware that Link has already died many times.

Not like OoT Link is alive when WW Link is around.

So killing Link wouldn't be all too sad, I mean he's going to be there when Hyrule needs him.

i think they should do a link dies thing and his son takes his place as the hero of time and instead of fighting ganondorfs son he teams up with him to fight a dark force from the twilight world. i think if they run out of ideas, that this will be a good thing to keep the game going.

O

older1

If they killed Link, maybe they could make the game where Link has a kick-*** adventure in the afterlife to make things right before finally being able to cross over. Like a huge purgatory debt, or unfinished business type thing. Maybe personally deliver Ganon to the Devil, then you slay them both.

Wait, doesn't each Link die for good? Every Link in each game is a different guy according to Miyamoto. U must mean die mid-game? I think that would be a cool plot twist. Then u could play as sheik or something!

Gohma

Mmmmmmmmmh... BOMBS
If he resurect after being killed, it's the same thing as being put asleep by magic, when everyone else think that he's dead.
I mean, in PH, when you find Tetra changed into a statue, you may think that she is 'dead', and she could even be after all...

Well, death isn't something that LoZ games are about, so they wouldn't say that he's 'dead then resurrect'', but 'cursed then cured' (rhyme).

You see what I mean? ^_^"

L

link&zelda

Hello? in every game exept in mm there is another link to take the other ones place
(p.s. ocarina of time link does die it says it in wind waker)

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
If they killed Link, maybe they could make the game where Link has a kick-*** adventure in the afterlife to make things right before finally being able to cross over. Like a huge purgatory debt, or unfinished business type thing. Maybe personally deliver Ganon to the Devil, then you slay them both.

This made me laugh. Way for Link to prove that he's a true Bada$$.

Though, I got the impression from the Zelda games that Ganondorf is almost Hyrule's/that world's equivalent for the Devil.

D

Dark Link '98

If we go into parallel world theorem, we could safely say that Shadow Link/Dark Link dies every time Link successfully saves the kingdom. So technically, he did die. And no, there shouldn't be a scene where Link dies for good. Dies and then magically comes back would be okay, but probably as far as Nintendo and the entire fan base would be able to stand it.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Majora King12!!!! How could you post such a thing?!?!?!? or even type it?!?!?!?!?!?!? If link dies for good that means no one to protect hyrule and even more importantly that would no more official zelda games!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Think of this post what you will.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom