• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Link Die?

%

[%LinkXL%]

Well no, because you can already kill him ingame. Plus he's the game's main character. Nintendo would never do something like that.

Flagpole

I'm back!!
Link should never ever die, he is the hero of the Legend of Zelda games, and if he dies, the game wouldn't follow the legend of Zelda tradition.

Also, some games (like MM) doesn't include Zelda, or at least a bit, so I don't think that games would be worth calling a Legend of Zelda game, but an additional game, something like "Adventures of Link: Majora Mask".

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Also, some games (like MM) doesn't include Zelda, or at least a bit, so I don't think that games would be worth calling a Legend of Zelda game, but an additional game, something like "Adventures of Link: Majora Mask".

That is not true. Zelda has played an important part in the game. She is included in the first confrontation with Skull Kid, she gives Link the Royal Treasure, Ocarina of Time, and also teaching him the Song of Time. (Which saved Link's life and also Termina many times during Skull Kid's little pranks)

To get on topic, it would feel horrible if Link did die. He is the main hero of the francise and it wouldn't be a Zelda game without him, it would be like the CD-i games.

Y

yojoel333

link....die.........NO NEVER!!!!!!!!!!
That would put an and to the series!

Hanyou

didn't build that
On the one hand, Link is practically disposable. There are multiple Links, and every one of them must have died at some point. Why not simply show the gamer the last moments of Link's life?

On the other hand, what purpose would it serve? I'd hate to see them kill off their major character just to be "edgy." If the sacrifice served some function, it may be an interesting twist--otherwise, it would be better to stick with convention.

Dungeon killer

Dungeon's Shall Fall!
That is a great idea, but let's think about this.

If link dies there has to be a other main character to take his place as the hero and it has to be someone related to the blood line.

What if link had a son and suddenly one day hyrule castle was attacked (then again) by Ganondorf and instead of link beating Ganondorf (for the zillionth time) Ganondorf killed link,but his son escaped and grew up in a hidden village, while being taught by a master swordsman and then reclaiming the master sword and killing Gaonodorf (and save a 72 year old zelda, ugh-.-).

N

Notorious NATE

Killing off the main protagonist of the Legend of Zelda series would probably be the worst move Nintendo could make. That's like killing Mario for good, their main iconic character.

To me, Link makes the series. He is the perfect character for this role, and he could not be replaced by anyone else. What's the point of killing off the best character? I suppose a separate game in which a lesser known character makes a protagonist role would be acceptable to me as long as they keep on making Legend of Zelda games.

B

bluekona

I think link should not die that would make the game pretty dark raelly that might ruin the game

K

Kokirikid

NO! If that ever did happen I think Japan would end up going to war against the rest of the world!

FACT! Link cannot DIE!

Arkatox

Travelling Outcast
My thoughts would be NO. That would seem extremely unnintendolike. They would never do that. And trust me, they would not.

T

Triforce_16

Zelda isn't the same without Link. Let's face it, he's one of Nintendo's most popular characters. And if he dies for good, what will happen next?

O

OcarinaKid

Link can't die...who would be the Hero of Time..who then would fight the evil of Hyrule (or wherever he may end up)..I say never in a million years should Link die.

Link has died...several times. IT IS NOT ALWAYS THE SAME LINK AND ZELDA. Only OoT/MM Link is the Hero of Time, no other Link.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom