• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should I Get Sonic Unleashed?

Should I get Sonic Unleashed? (PS3)

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

chris112

ゼルダファンの伝説!
Hey, I've seen a lot of videos of the game Sonic Unleashed for the ps3. While the day levels looks amazing, the night levels don't look as great, but still looks good. But since IGN.com gave it a low score, I was wondering if I should get it. That's where you guys come in! I want you guys to suggest if I should get the game or not.

I really enjoyed SU. A lot of people say that the Werehog sucks mainly because its pointless. It might be pointless, but so is treasure hunting, shooting things while moving slowly and fishing. If you like beat-em-ups and platforming, then you should like the Werehog. The Werehog has a lot of cool moves and overall I enjoyed the Werehog, but the daytime stages are better. I don't know what other Sonic games you played but if you tell me then I might have a better understanding of what type of Sonic Fan you are. I do think you should give SU a shot. However the biggest flaw of SU are the medals. You have to collect a certain amount in order to go into levels. The medals are hidden in the levels so finding them during the daytime is really annoying since you move extremely fast. Here's a video to show you guys that the Werehog isn't that slow.
[video=youtube_share;t-aQ6Do6-30]http://youtu.be/t-aQ6Do6-30[/video]
And this video is for people who think the daytime stages don't take any skill and the daytime levels are designed badly.
[video=youtube_share;A5KCWCqWlt0]http://youtu.be/A5KCWCqWlt0[/video]

Last edited:
Since Starbound provided an argument for the game, I will go against. ;)

Sonic Unleashed is a horrible game and a waste of your time, money, and energy. Werehog segments are extremely unfocused and break up the high speed traditional Sonic action. You truly wonder why Sonic team adds unnecessary segments on top of good gameplay only to extend play time. A shorter albeit more focused and better game is more worth it than a long and tedious endeavor. You're better off getting a purer Sonic entry such as Colors or Generations. In a troublesome economy, you buy the true gems or nothing at all.

Since Starbound provided an argument for the game, I will go against. ;)

Sonic Unleashed is a horrible game and a waste of your time, money, and energy. Werehog segments are extremely unfocused and break up the high speed traditional Sonic action. You truly wonder why Sonic team adds unnecessary segments on top of good gameplay only to extend play time. A shorter albeit more focused and better game is more worth it than a long and tedious endeavor. You're better off getting a purer Sonic entry such as Colors or Generations. In a troublesome economy, you buy the true gems or nothing at all.

I guess riding in an airplane in Sonic 2 and in Sonic Adventure speed up the gameplay. Also those treasure hunting stages and fishing levels have high speed traditional Sonic action. Playing as a robot or inside a mech shooting things while moving slowly should be included in a Sonic game. I don't mean to be rude but SU is nowhere near a horrible game. Just because it isn't Sonic Adventure 3 doesn't mean it sucks. If the Werehog was replaced with Knuckles then nobody would complain.

It isn't a very good game (and not just for the werehog segments; the gameplay of the daytime stages is reminescent of a racing game and really isn't fun at all), but if you can find it for cheap it might be worth a play. While I don't think SU is a very good game, it is certainly better than Sonic and the Black Knight and Sonic and the Secret Rings (the latter of which is undoubtedly the worst entry in the Sonic series, in my opinion).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom