• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Should Cutscenes Be Skippable?

Should Cutscenes be skippable?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hylianbeast

Sage of Destiny
Nooooooooo!!!!!!!! Cut scenes are extremly important!!! If you're a timeline theorist, you should agree. TP had one HUGE cutscene that was very important

ShellShocker

adjective spaceman
Cutscenes are sometimes really long, useless or annoying to the point where I could wish I could end them instantly and continue with my epic adventure. Although, some cutscenes should really be listened to, for they could help you a lot when it comes to the action. Like if you skipped an important cutscene, you could find yourself stuck and not knowing where to go next. That'd be really annoying but I guess it would teach the person for skipping out on the cutscene, eh?

Yes, I agree to whoever said King Zora could be skipped. God his slow body enraged me on my next runthroughs. Sure, it was funny at first but some cutscenes can really be annoying after seeing them hundreds of times. Reminds of that owl from Ocarina of Time. It's annoying name and everything else like hearing it go on and on is harsh. I sometimes wished they had just implemented a skip scene button in there. Too bad it made you accidentally continue talking to it.

So in conclusion, cutscenes should be skippable. Without it, it'd just get extremely repetitive and annoying. Though an option to listen to all the cutscenes first time 'round, so you don't get lost, or you'd have to resort to using a walkthrough. Though there aren't many cutscenes in which tell you something you can't learn from your helper (if you do have one). Long story short, YES! An ability to skip cutscenes at your will.

Austin

Austin
Someone needs to explain this cutscene-nazism to me. Just because one person prefers the story doesn't mean everyone else does. Even if you consider story to be a large part of a Zelda game, why do you feel the need to force everyone else experience the game the same way you do? The whole "story is a large part of Zelda" is an opinion. I happen to agree with it, but I wouldn't look down on anyone who doesn't feel the same way.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Me, I say they should be skippable.

Though you will miss the important facts of the story, and you won't understand fully how deep and enchanting the game is. But that's beside the point. Cutscenes can be skippable, if you played the game again and again. It eats away time and can tend to make the player wait, but the point of Cutscenes is to explain the story and to make the game more enchanting and deeper. I skip cutscenes a lot when I have played the game again and again, but there are times when people feel nostalgic and just watch the story again, just for the love of the Legend of Zelda.

S

sontroid

Yes, you should be able to skip but you shouldn't skip your first time through the game, all the story is told in cut-scenes!

Definitely skip-able. I wouldn't personally, as I love cutscenes, but sometimes you need to be able to get right into the action. Like I wanted to start a new OoT file the other day and show someone something in the first area, but we had to wait like 10 minutes for the cutscene. But definitely make sure you can't accidentally skip it. That would be lame to miss something and not be able to go back without restarting a save file or something.

P

potatozelda

Absolutely. I love the stories of the games, but when I was playing TP, it helped when I had already seen the cutscenes after resetting when screwing up a mini-boss fight, or something (I know, I fail). I also personally know some people who don't give a hoot about story, so there you go.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
Personally, I usually always love the cutscenes, even when playing a game over yet again (-cough-TP-cough).
But that's not always the case; I wish I could skip OoT's beginning ones because I've heard them SO many times.
It becomes boring after a while.

So yes, I think they should be skippable.
Some people don't like cutscenes or simply don't like hearing them a second time. It makes sense. :>

When I play a video game in general, I like to know what happens during my first playthrough. After finishing my first playthrough and starting a new file, I like the option to skip my least favourite cutscenes or the extremely long ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom