• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shift or Set?

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Which mode do you play Pokemon games in: shift or set?

For those of you unaware, here's the gist: Shift mode lets you switch out Pokemon when a trainer is about to throw out a new one, whereas Set has yours stay put while the trainer throws out a new one.

As for me, I've always played in Shift mode until recently. I didn't think about it beforehand, but Shift mode kinda gives the player an unfair advantage. So I'm going to switch over to Set from now on to make things more interesting.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I play Set ya dig, as you said in your OP it's because the player gets an unfair advantage that way. Besides, from what I see in the anime the characters also play "set" in most battles. :)

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I always play shift, because I have a near perfectly well-balanced team, so I like to switch to a super effective Pokemon, instead of a not very effective (or not effective at all) Pokemon.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Shift. Unless I'm grinding to evolve something. In that case it's fast text, battle animations off, and set.

Yeah, I always play shift, but in the future, I'll probably set the option to "set" to have a little harder experience. ^^

Always set. For the challenge, because It's how it should be and because I got annoyed that the ask it after every Pokémon I killed, It speeds the battles a lot up.

Eduarda

Srishti is annie is eduarda right?
I have it set to shift (I don't really play around with settings). I usually decide not to switch anyways. But I think I'll try set. It does add a fun challenge. Yet I doubt I would keep it on set for Gym leaders. I would probably change it to shift for them. Yet a lot of the trainers are easy so I think I can do set for them to give myself a challenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom