• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shadow Temple w/o Lens of Truth

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!

with the bird in the main room where you gotta change it to the true torch I heard it changes every time so you couldn't possibly memorize that Bongo Bongo I'd think would be easy cause you just gotta shoot an arrow in the direction he's going so you dont really have to time it much

First time I played OoT I did that part without the Lens of Truth, so not much of a problem there... I guess it is possible in most versions, but, for example,in my version it is not!
I would gladly do It, but I am not in the mood of killing Bongo-Bongo's ghostly butt without the lens

bellum

Gamer since age 2
thats the real problem once you battle Bongo Bongo you can no longer rebattle him but you must start a new game if you want to take the challenge maybe even take video on it an put it on this thread...

H

Hammer Bro. Mike

It's possible to do it but you'd have to go through the dungeon so many times and know where everything is. I've done some puzzles without the Lens of Truth because I remember how to do the puzzle by heart.

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well O"m gonna try Bongo Bongo W/O the lens of truth but It's gonna take some time I"ll try to get all the way to the shadow temple again and If a can figure out a way to take video I'll be perfectly glad to:D

bellum

Gamer since age 2
well I dont think you need the lens of truth to open chests the game will orbably know they're there anyway, Skullkid

S

skill kud

I probably could do it, except for the part where you need to move across the platform,everything else is just memorization. It is possible though...

N

No_Comment

I don't get the whole "Shadow Temple without Lens of Truth is IMPOSSIBLE!!!" When I play, I almost don't use it... And 1 thing is sure, you don't need Lens of Truth for Bongo Bongo, just shoot right between his hand, hand you will hit his eye. Seriously, I never use the Lens of Thruth against Bongo Bongo...

K

Kadaj

I'm going to reply to this thread first by saying that it is NOT impossible to beat the Shadow Temple without the Lens of Truth! Infact I did it two nights ago. It's not too difficult, Z targeting covers the invisible enemies, and if you have warpped the game numerous times you should almost know where all the hidden chests, doors, and platforms are; if you are in doubt of platforms you can always use Bombchus or even plain Bombs to check where they are.

BUT, I only use the Lens of Truth in one area and that is the Boss. Bongo Bongo.

R

rnddim

What I have always done with invisible treasure chests is, after seeing it with the Lens of Truth, I position myself in front of the chest, turn off the lens, and open the chest (this process I perform is merely to converse magic).
Based on what I know, when you can't see it, the game will allow you to walk through it, but positioned correctly, you can open it anyway.

Shadow Temple is one of my all time favorites and I might even someday try this out. Sounds quiet impossible but I don't mind replaying that place. Just love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom