• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Shadow Pokemon, Should They Be Continued?

alkane

pokemon master of hyrule
they should make another one where cipher teams up with snag em to try to free ghestis, and his chronies who then contacts giovanni. the team would then be called team umbra. they're goal would be to obtain giovanni's knowledge to find and further corrupt mewtwo and manipulate him till they're able to fully control him. then they dispose of him with the power of mewtwo. after that they use mewtwo to find and capture dialga. then theyd to force dialga to create an infiinate loop during eclipse to keep the world in shadows which then powers up the shadow pokemon.

If it is for a hand held then no because it simply wouldn't be cool. On a console you get the movements and you can see them attack and everything.

What's to say they can't do it on the 3DS? Just check Pokédex 3D. But I get your point, Pokémon Colosseum and XD Gale of darkness were on consoles and it would ruin it if a new one was on a handheld.

TriforceHunter

Forever I am Abandoned
They should Collusseum and XD were my favorite games in GameCube and the Pokemon Series the Shadow Pokemon concept was awesome and the characters and surroundings looked amazing, they still do to this day I'd say.

I think they should improve in two things though: 1 make it more like a real Pokemon game, add the routes! It would add more exploration and style to the games, also add wild encounters because I didn't like the system these games used. 2, make it more like N64's Pokemon Stadium, have the multiplayer where you can choose who you want to be and many fun minigames.

Basically combine the portable games with the console games(that includes Battle Revolution too)

i dont think so. i would like a console pokemon game that is like the portable ones just with the whole Colosseum battle system, but the battles need to be sped up

Fig

The Altruist
I really hope that Nintendo and GameFreak will make another Shadow Pokémon game real soon. Those games were awesome and I had a lot of fun trying to collect every Shadow Pokémon! ^^

Shadow Pokemon added a new and interesting dimension to the franchise. No longer did the player venture out into the wild in search of creatures to capture (with a few exceptions) but rather snagged them from opponents. The Shadow Pokemon also boasted a varied array of moves unique to them. Cipher injected an aura of fear and urgency into the franchise's spin-offs for once and I would love for this ti return in the future. The story was more fleshed out than ever before and Pokemon became martyrs fighting against imprisonment.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
Hmmmm. Shadow Pokemon WERE a rather interesting twist. I liked the feeling of getting to capture other Trainer's Pokemon, but not when that is the ONLY way to obtain Pokemon. If they ever decided to bring back Shadow Pokemon again, I would like them to have a game where there is BOTH Wild AND Shadow Pokemon.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Shadow Pokemon should be continued. I thought they were a great concept, and added more variety to the series. Looking at the first two games, they seem very similar to each other. I liked how the both of them equally balanced a solid story, and exceptional gameplay. If they decide to make another game surrounding itself around Shadow Pokemon, it should definitely take off of Gale of Darkness as a base. Either go off of the fall of Cipher, or have it rise yet again. Better yet, include a NEW evil syndicate that we must save Pokemon from. I would love to see a sequel, and have it expand the Orre region even more. <3

If they ever decided to bring back Shadow Pokemon again, I would like them to have a game where there is BOTH Wild AND Shadow Pokemon.

Well... they did kinda do this in XD Gale of Darkness, but there wasn't really a variety of Wild Pokémon. If they do make another Shadow Pokémon game, it should feature a more variety of Pokémon, but it shouldn't focus too much on Wild Pokémon as the Snagging Method was the unique way to catch Pokémon in those games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom