• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Second Hunger Games Fanfic

Keyari

翼のエルフ
New chapter! Well done again Myriad. This is definitely getting close to the end, and I'm still stuck on who could win. I have my hopes on Rio to be honest.

This story gets better and better, I can't wait to see how this whole series you have planned will turn out. ^^

Great job!
~Ki

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
New chapter! Well done again Myriad. This is definitely getting close to the end, and I'm still stuck on who could win. I have my hopes on Rio to be honest.

This story gets better and better, I can't wait to see how this whole series you have planned will turn out. ^^

Great job!
~Ki
Woo! Join the Rio fan club! I'm not really sure what to expect, to be honest. I, obviously, hope Rio wins, but I have no guesses as to who actually will.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
Well, this is interesting chapter, is Ashie dead or they think she is dead. If she isn't she must be sneaky o.o

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Yah, she's dead. One will die today.

Day 10

Chailyn
District 10

My fingers grip around the vial. Not the vial of antidote, the vial of the poison I'd collected from a dead serpent. I still am not sure what do do with it, maybe poison the water supply. However, that might backfire if we were to need water. I stow away the vial. The time has almost come to kill the rest of the tributes.

Maria had gone out overnight and found their camp, though she could not tell if 'their' was Rio or the two others. Quiro had remained with me, and Maria had returned in the middle of the night. We had gotten our weapons ready, and tried to bear the hunger.

"It's time," I say. Quiro stands up, and nods silently. Maria says, "I remember where they are, vaguely though. It might be a bit.....faulty, but if we find them, we find them, and if we don't, we don't." I nod. "Come on then," I say, and we trudge off toward the swamp.

When we finally reach it, it doesn't look like it had just been burned. On the contrary, it looked as normal as usual. I step into the swamp. I motion for Maria and Quiro to follow. I step aside, and gesture for Maria to step forward. "Lead the way," I say. She steps forward.

We run through the swamp, occasionally stopping for Maria to remember where to go, or to rest. Eventually, we reach a small clearing, where I can see several sleeping bags on the ground. I gesture for us to move in closer. We silently move in. I pull out my knife, and move ever closer to the sleeping bags.

I bring the knife up, and stab it into the nearest sleeping bag. Nothing happens. "Look out!" I hear Maria yell, and I turn around to see a blade coming at me. My knife rises to block, but the force of the stroke sends it spinning out of my hand. The blade positions itself at my throat. Alec.

I hear a gasp as the girl from 12 grabs Quiro's throat and holds a machete to it. Maria takes out her spear, but seeing the situation, sets it down. "Hello there," he says to me, grabbing me and holding me with the blade to my throat. I notice it's not his usual blade, rather a glowing sword.

Stella's blade is her normal one. I can tell they're enjoying this after our skirmish yesterday. Or was it two days ago? Time is weird in this arena, so much goes on it all blends together. "Thought you might do something like this," Alec says. "Especially after Stella said she glimpsed a figure in the middle of the night."

Maria growls. "You think you can do this? If you kill us, you'll have to kill Rio and yourselves." She scratches her head. "Wait, that came out wrong. It sounded like I thought you were going to commit suicide. Well....you know what I mean." Stella chuckles. "For a Career, you can be amusing," she says.

"Maybe we should bind them," says Alec. Stella nods. "Good idea," she says. I look at Maria. She's the only one not bound at the moment. She looks at me, with an expression of distaste. She begins to back up. You'd better not...... She runs. Alec and Stella don't bother to follow.

The traitor. Running away when the going gets tough. I'll have to deal with her after we get out of this. If we get out of this. My knife is lying on the ground several feet away. Alec drags me over to a pack and grabs a few ropes, bringing me closer to my knife. Now's my chance. I reach out, and grab my knife. He turns and I hold the knife at his throat.

I grab him in the same way he did to me, holding the blade to his throat. Stella is still holding the machete to Quiro's throat, though, so we've come to a stalemate. "I'll release Alec and leave if you let Quiro go," I say, sincerely, but from my earlier reputation, of course, they don't believe me.

"Why should we believe you?" Stella says. "You've tricked about half the tributes in the Arena, why not?" I sigh. "Fine, I'll let Alec go, as a show of goodwill." I fling him to the ground. "And Quiro?" She takes the blade away from his throat. "Thank you," I say, and turn to Quiro. "We're leaving. Come on."

He follows, leaving them behind, glancing back to see if they would come back to attack. "Where are we going?" he asks. I smile coldly. "We're going to go kill Maria for her insolence. And you are going to help."

Last edited:
Nice chapter! This story is developing very well.^^

I caught one error, and it isn't something that necessarily has to be fixed:
Myriadviper42 said:
I hear a gasp as the girl from 12 grabs Quiro's throat and holds a machete to his throat.
Instead of repeating the phrase "Quiro's/his throat", I'd recommend using a pronoun such as "it" in place of the second usage.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
No, it isn't the last day. Remember in the first fanfic when I put 'Final Day' in front of the last day?

Maria Elvin
District 4

Stupid. Stupid stupid stupid. Why did I have to leave the Careers? I knew they'd come back after me for betraying them. And the fact that they're Chailyn and Quiro, the two most dangerous tributes in the Arena? Not to mention lack of morality. They'd kill me without a second glance. Chailyn, at least.

As I thought before, Quiro seems more hesitant after the recon mission. Don't know why, though. I stand up, and step forward. I curse as my foot sucks into the bog. I pull it out, and move a bit, trying to further myself from the Careers. They will be after me. I know this for a fact. I eventually reach the prairie, as far away from the swamp as possible.

I head up to the Cornucopia. The most obvious place is the place they won't check, I tell myself, hoping that it would take root in me, destroying my doubt in the process. It doesn't. I eventually reach the Cornucopia with no opposition. I walk up there, walking past the Cornucopia, and staring toward the other side of the swamp.

"It was always just like you to overestimate your opponent, Maria," calls a voice behind me. I spin around to see Chailyn leaning against the Cornucopia. "Overestimate?" I inquire, not sure what she meant. She walks a few paces before answering. "You overestimated me. You thought my intellect would lead me to believe that you were hiding somewhere near us, not here."

I raise my eyebrow. "Wouldn't that be underestimating?" I say. She groans, shaking her head. "Uggh, nobody gets that. They're just too stupid. In the process of estimation, too many people see it as a line. I see it kind of like a dart board. If you throw under the bullseye, you miss, if you throw it over, it's still...ugh, why am I trying to explain it to you?"

While I look at her confused, she moves superhumanly quick. The knife impales me in the throat. I crumple. She smiles. "I like using the 'bore to death' trick. It's effective." I kneel over. She kicks me to the ground. "Take that, traitor," she says, and walks away. Then, of course, I die. Ungloriously.

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
Aw... Poor Maria... And the story continues... I have no idea what's going to happen. How many tributes are left, myriad?

There are five tributes remaining at the moment, Quiro, Chailyn, Rio, Alec, and Stella. I've determined that one will be killed off over the next few days until the final three-way battle will be on Day 13.

Another dead, wow, Chaylin has anger management issues D:, anyways, cool chapter.

Indeed she does.....

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom