• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

ScrewAttack's Top 10 Franchises That Need to Die

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I agree that Call of Duty needs to die or it at least needs a significant revamp. The franchise has been running on the same engine with small tweaks since 2007. This is simply unacceptable especially for high profile developers like Infinity Ward and Treyarch and the overarching producer-Activision.

Don't fix what ain't broke -- this EASILY applies to Call of Duty. Customers don't care for graphics, they only care about being on top of the leaderboards and having fun with it. Also, Activision doesn't given a damn about innovation or new ideas; as a company it is Cashvision's job to simply make MONEY, nothing else. If they can get by with small tweaks to the IW engine and stuff like that, so be it. Sure, it'd be cool to get some offline content a la Black Ops, or a new lengthy story like Halo offers, but it isn't necessary whatsoever. Until CoD sees a decline in sales and I mean a MAJOR decline, the series definitely doesn't need to die. It isn't insignificant like Angry Birds or post-Sonic Heroes pre-Colors Sonic series.

Don't fix what ain't broke -- this EASILY applies to Call of Duty. Customers don't care for graphics, they only care about being on top of the leaderboards and having fun with it. Also, Activision doesn't given a damn about innovation or new ideas; as a company it is Cashvision's job to simply make MONEY, nothing else. If they can get by with small tweaks to the IW engine and stuff like that, so be it. Sure, it'd be cool to get some offline content a la Black Ops, or a new lengthy story like Halo offers, but it isn't necessary whatsoever. Until CoD sees a decline in sales and I mean a MAJOR decline, the series definitely doesn't need to die. It isn't insignificant like Angry Birds or post-Sonic Heroes pre-Colors Sonic series.

Coming from a person highly biased towards Call of Duty, of course you what say that. Heck, last year you claimed Modern Warfare 3 was superior to Skyward Sword.

The most recent example of your hard-liner position:

VanitasXII said:
7. I love CoD. I don't want it to die. Ever. It's better than the majority of games that are released these days. (CoD)

I agree that Call of Duty is better than most franchises on the market, however, oversaturation with more games that run on an updated CoD 4 engine will bring the franchise to the same ruin Final Fantasy is currently experiencing. Franchises like Mario, on the other hand, continue to evolve and strike not only a chord with critics but also gamers. Mark my words: CoD will crumble if it remains as static as it has been since 2007.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam

None of what you just said justifies Call of Duty as a good series... It's the same damn thing year in and out. It needs to die because they're not doing anything good with it. Just because it sells well doesn't mean that it's a good series. The fact that Activision doesn't aim to make a good game as you've clearly stated, is already enough for me to hate Activison, and why Call of Duty needs to die. They can go **** themselves. Call of Duty is only successful because a lot of lame non gamers play it. And I'm basing this off of my own observation. The majority of Call of Duty's fanbase comes from people who don't really know/appreciate games who just play Call of Duty year in and out and nothing else because it's "in" and fanboys.

Also, speak as a consumer and not the distributor... We understand that Activison is a company and we know how companies work. We don't need you to tell us. But the difference between them and other companies, is that other companies give us quality when they damn well know they can sell just fine rehashing the same game each year, like Activision.

Last edited:

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
I don't hate Call of Duty for how basic it is every single November, I hate it because of how many friends I've lost from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom