• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Scooby Doo Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Minish: Could we get a vote count?

I'm down to lynch a lurker. The fact that Johnny died with no support makes me think that the rest of the scum are lurkers. It could be that they left him out to dry, but since there's so many people who aren't posting too much pushes me in that direction.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Vote Count Day 2.1
Poy (3) - SMS, Kirino
Poka (1) - Ex
Rubik (1) - Funnier

Not Voting - Rubik, Doc, Poy, Poka, Giri, Mido, Naga

The day ends in about 5 hours 30 minutes. With 11 alive, it takes 6 for majority.

Last edited:

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
My top choice would be lynching a lurker/someone who was offline when the lynch occured because yesterday's mafia death could have easily been prevented.

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
My top choice would be lynching a lurker/someone who was offline when the lynch occurred because yesterday's mafia death could have easily been prevented.

Interesting position given you were also missing eod OwO

Not saying this is the worst hypothesis, but I feel like this lynch was SO easy to prevent that it seems unlikely not even a single maf was online who could have stopped it.

There may be more behind this than appears.

Seems unlikely both Johnny and Giri are Maf, but that would give a reason as to why it would be hard for a single mafia to tip the scales off of maf candidates. It would also make it more likely people on these bandwagons were town.

Top of my suspicions rn are:

Poyzin, Giri, and Doc (mostly for inactivity)

And I feel SMS, Naga, and Funnier are the most likely townie.

Will come back with some more justification in a bit.
And ik I was more active in the anon game. Going to try to be more active now just finding it hard to multitask all the stuff I have to do this week.

So I don't seem as flimsy as cardboard, I'm going to go with a quick intuition vote for now.

Vote: Giri

I'd still like to know what's going on with Poyzin/Mido/SMS from night 1. The fact that Poyzin hasn't posted this day doesn't give me confidence.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
ISO 1 - Poka (3 posts)
UwU glad people instinctively call me Poka

Played probably 5-10 games here between 2013-2016? I remember some names but I very vaguely remember much specific about anyone.

Somewhere around intermediate experience. When I was playing back then I was young and dumb, well at least younger and dumber than I am now, so I'm hoping to play smarter.

I refuse to RVS someone with a Nagato profile pic uwu

It seems funnier to join the other bandwagon

Vote: funnier6
Very good point

Definitely seems like panicky voting and behavior from Giri, especially so early in the game.

I don't think pressuring me was that bad of an idea if they justified it and stuck with their position. Being this wishy-washy just seems sus. I'm getting mixed views of how Ex normally plays from ya'll. My surface level opinion is that it's panic but not necessarily scummy panic. I know I've panicked to help find productive bandwagons as a town about to be lynched. I guess the weirdest thing about this behavior to me is how early on it is.

Why are you so sure there's no miller or godfather?

I don't see how they are impossible in this game.

Seems like this "is it scum to bring up 3p" convo happens often lol. Personally it seems pretty normal (at least at this stage), as ExLight isn't trying to distract from something they did/said or using 3p claims to get out of something.

Hmmm, interesting post. From my role I see names relating to role more than alignment, but I feel this might vary too much to track. Might not be worth using alignment. Only things it seems super useful for is POE for who has valid unique claims.

Nobody giving off huge scum vibes so

Unvote

For now
Day one Poka voted for funnier in their first post and unvoted in the second. First post didn't really have any substance, which is fine. Second post points out panic from Giri, but speculates that it's not scummy panic. Comments on the fact Ex doesn't think there's a miller or godfather. Mentions that the 3p conversation is common. Post about valid unique claims in POE is interesting to me, actually. Tbh that bit there kind of salvages Poka for me a bit.

Interesting position given you were also missing eod OwO

Not saying this is the worst hypothesis, but I feel like this lynch was SO easy to prevent that it seems unlikely not even a single maf was online who could have stopped it.

There may be more behind this than appears.

Seems unlikely both Johnny and Giri are Maf, but that would give a reason as to why it would be hard for a single mafia to tip the scales off of maf candidates. It would also make it more likely people on these bandwagons were town.

Top of my suspicions rn are:

Poyzin, Giri, and Doc (mostly for inactivity)

And I feel SMS, Naga, and Funnier are the most likely townie.

Will come back with some more justification in a bit.
And ik I was more active in the anon game. Going to try to be more active now just finding it hard to multitask all the stuff I have to do this week.

So I don't seem as flimsy as cardboard, I'm going to go with a quick intuition vote for now.

Vote: Giri

Calls out that I was missing EoD (was online, was just finishing Danganronpa 2 which was a higher priority at the time. If there was mafia online at the time they were either on a wagon that couldn't change things or felt they couldn't get on the wagon without implicating themselves or both wagons were scum.

It's interesting to me that Poka doesn't include the other person on Johnny's wagon as townie and includes both people on the counterwagon as townie, despite the fact that they might have been scum's best change of surviving.

Giri vote is also interesting to me, but I don't think it's a bad wagon.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
ISO #2 - Doc (5 posts)

Please let this be real, please let this be real, please let this be real
Dude even the mod...like yikes...
Vote Funnier6
Sorry for inactivity, I had a paper that I worked on last night and am working all day today.

I don’t like the Giri wagon forming, I think it’s very easy for mafia to take advantage and pressure Giri into a lynch. I don’t think he’s done anything townie, but he’s acting the same he does every game. His last post feels somewhat tutored by someone else but I don’t feel confident about that.
2 meme posts. A vote with no explanation on the person who in hindsight seems the most town based on wagon analysis potentially. An excuse for inactivity (real excuse, but still an excuse) and posturing to look good if Giri flips town. If Giri is town, Doc is likely scum. If Giri is scum, I doubt Doc makes the play he did here.
Yeah, I had agreed with Rubik about funnier getting it based on his placement in the Johnny lynch. He was the one I townread the most in the puzzle chat.
He agreed to do the right thing like the rest of us. Fun.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
ISO 3 - Mido (6 posts)

Vote: Johnny Sooshi

What better way to solve a mystery than by voting the first person I ever voted for in a Mafia game. :cool: Whats the buzz, friend?
Quite right, your plan is! Distance is all the rage during these times.
I agree with you on that first point related to claims and lynch importance, although I'm admittedly a bit skeptical over our bolded friend if only because I think the accountability game may be hard to play with scum. There's also running the risk of keeping them alive (assuming scum randed with those types of roles) which in that of itself only hastens their chances of reaching parity.

Now this just might be a point of confusion on my end, but would names be more beneficial in this case for advantages or the roles themselves (since roles and alignments were randomized)? I suppose names could be included in the randomization, but I am not wholly certain myself based on my understanding. In light of this, it seems as if names hold more power than usual in terms of claims. At least based on my understanding of the rule below:

On another note, I do have one small question for Minish if it is allowed in the game thread:

@Morbid Minish , are clue-hunting groups randomized every night or will it be set after the first randomization for the rest of the game? Just out of curiousity if it can be answered.

That does sound pretty cool! :cool:
All these recent inactivity tags, and nobody calls out poor old Mido? Aww... :(

In all seriousness, I think my only major reservation related to Giri's wagon is that there seems to be this common theme of "it fits with his scum meta, so might as well jump on in." Not every vote is like this on him, with some more detailed backing of points like SMS's initial vote and much of Kirino's post upon my initial readings here; but some others seem more apt to purporting the above narrative without much juice, which raises some alarms. I will say that the only post of Giri's I do like decently is his vote on SMS and short observation made about funnier, although the latter doesn't have much meat on the sub in comparison to how he's buoyed the former.

Ah, I gotcha. That's a very fair point, and I agree on that.

By roles themselves, I was thinking of roles independent from flavor names, so like Doctor on its own. My rationale was that if roles aren't alignment-indicative, perhaps names would have more power unless names and roles were paired together regardless of alignment. Honestly, I might just be overthinking this.

Small thing to note in general, I do like SMS's initial push of Giri, and Poka's recent post is pretty neat overall. I'll also unvote Johnny for the time.

Unvote
giphy.gif
First post votes for scum and calls him friend with sunglasses. Honestly, I could see Mido doing this as scum to his scumbud to look back on as a fun move.
Joke post.
Plants the idea that while roles and alignments were randomized, names weren't randomized by alignment. Might not be fully understanding his points in this post.
Unvotes Johnny before any pressure is put onto him. He likes Giri's vote on SMS and SMS's push on Giri. Explains what he was thinking in the previous post.
Meme.

May the dulcet tones of Cam Clarke's voice be missed. In any case, I'm throwing my old ideas about how parts of the setup worked away given what both reveals have spelled out in terms of how it worked. I definitely overthought it.

It was okay I thought. How were the hijinks for group 2?

On another note, what looks neat about the votes yesterday on Johnny is that I don't smell a rat here, especially since Johnny was not under severe threat of a lynch based on vote count before very late in the day (augmented further by my unvote, admittedly).
Admits he was wrong about the setup because of the fact that Shaggy flipped up as scum. Could have either been trying to set up a strong late game claim for Shaggy/anyone else who was a main character or he could have just been town who was confused. Asks for info from group 2 which is whatever. He says he doesn't think anyone on Johnny was a rat. Probably true, but I could see Kirino doing it (I currently don't want to imagine that possibility, though).

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I have D&D in like 30 minutes so I can't go too deep here.

Giri seems like it could be a pretty high information vote so I might go there unless one of the three above seems especially juicy.

Doc's is only conditionally juicy. Would be fine with killing one of him and Giri today.

In case I don't place a vote by EoD.

Vote: ExLight

@ExLight What do you think about Doc and Giri?

I don't mind resolving Poy today.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
why do you keep meme voting me I'm trying to figure stuff out ok :ugh:
tristan was my scumread D1, I'm still trying to find something else to start a lead but it's pretty hard with the low activity

@ExLight What do you think about Doc and Giri?
Doc is a null to a light scum to me since he seems to be doing literally nothing
I don't like him pretending he has been working with us with the funnier vote thing because despite saying he'd support it truth is that in the end he didn't, and to me that's as scummy as saying someone has a scumread and not voting them

I still think Giri is town, that play would be completely absurd and risky if Giri is scum and that just doesn't make sense to me.
Why risk lynching someone that has a lot of mafia experience over someone that is arguably inexperienced and is more likely expose themselves?
Unless Giri has the strongest scum role ever that play is suicidal and ridiculous. If you really want to determine his alignment you can just ask him for some readslists during the next day and that might help us determine for sure his alignment.

His wagon D1 was opportunistic, and I don't like how people are still going after him despite everything pointing to the opposite direction.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Just a heads up, I'll be asleep for eod. I may be able to wake up to post the lynch, but groups would have to wait til morning. If I don't get the lynch posted at all, it will be twilight til I wake up and do post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom