• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rupee System: Liked or Disliked?

rupee system: liked / disliked?

• liked

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • disliked

• dont care

• Total voters
It seems like a bit much to me. Most games have two wallet upgrades but Skyward Sword has four plus three Extra Wallets that you have to buy. It just doesn't seem right to me. I would be more willing to let it go if all of them weren't obtained by the same method; they might as well have left one of the wallets out and replaced it with something else. It's a trivial complaint anyway. It doesn't really affect me when I'm playing but when I think about it it feels like too much.

Another thing: I didn't like 9,900 being the maximum because I subconsciously think the maximum is 9,999, like in Spirit Tracks.
There are two different methods used to acquire wallets... you purchase some of them, and get others as part of the Gratitude Crystal sidequest.

Also... I realize you already said it was trivial, but I guess I really don't get how it's too much, especially since most of them are small. They're just there for boosters if you want or need to carry more rupees, instead of just waiting for the biggest upgrades. I also don't see how the maximum matters either, especially as a criticism for Skyward Sword, because the amount differs a lot from game to game. Case in point, being able to carry 9999 is the exception, not the rule.

Last edited:
I acknowledged that, and I was talking about the upgrades to the main wallet, not the extra ones.
I don't see why you're making a big distinction between the two, but if that's the case then why is it a big issue when other games only have one source as well? I understand you said it was because of how many there are, but I don't see why that really matters, especially considering the reason there were more was because you could hold more rupees. It seems like it only bothers you because it's a different number than a specific other game you played.

I wish a lot of things other than rupees were hard to find in Zelda games, I remember back in Link to the Past everything was hard to find. Bombs were scarce and arrows would pop up every now and then.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
I wish a lot of things other than rupees were hard to find in Zelda games, I remember back in Link to the Past everything was hard to find. Bombs were scarce and arrows would pop up every now and then.

You sure? Because I can find loads of arrows, bombs, rupees, and hearts all across the game. It's really not that hard to do. There were actually less occurrences of these items in Skyward Sword.

Zelda_Ali_Baba

Why did the humans attack
I really liked it! It did seem harder to find them sometimes but usually that wasn't a problem. I loved how easy it was to get an upgraded wallet and how great it was to almost never habe a full wallet and be able to pick up more rupees. I loved it. :)

I enjoyed it.

With some moderate exploration, I had just enough Rupees to acquire everything by the end of the game. You had many Wallet options, tons of things to spend Rupees on, and the amount of Rupees you could obtain was well-paced. My only gripe is that there is little point in carrying 9900 Rupees. They could have added some Super Ultra Awesome Mega Rare Delicious item that we could buy for that price.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Am I missing something? I found it to be exactly the same as it was in every other Zelda game. It worked well in those and it works well in SS

This. I don't really care for the Rupee system is most/all Zelda games, and this was also the case for me about Skyward Sword. Then again, I didn't upgrade or buy many things because I didn't need to.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Skyward Sword had an excellent Rupee System. Unlike previous games, such as Ocarina of Time, you actually spent your money. Although sometimes Rupees were unbelievably common, they still had a purpose and could be used for something useful. There were even times where I would want to buy something, but my wallet was unfortunately empty. Or even vice versa; my wallet would be packed full, but I don't know what to buy/I can't buy something yet. The wallet upgrades and additions were absolutely necessary. Without them, well, I don't know what I would do without them.

Last edited:

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
I liked it, i never seemed to have a surplus of rupees, i found myself looking for items and money plenty of times.

zellinkda

one of many
The rupee system is something I usually don't care much about at all. money is money. However in Skyward Sword, it kind of surprised me in a good way.

I liked how the rupees had a lot more detail in them than from previous games, however, I don't really like the way we distributed them when we bought things. I didn't want to pay for shield upgrades when I had all the materials. at the same time, the rupee was ginormous. it was a bit crazy considering that rupees are the most common item in the whole game, next to hearts. (actually maybe not, I find more rupees in zelda than I do hearts) they seemed a little unnecessary for their commonality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom