• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rise of the Dragir

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Forgot to add the rating...Pg-13, just for action, battles, a bit of blood, romance, etc. Feel free to show me mistakes.

RISE OF THE DRAGIR

Part 1: The Sorting

"Do you know why we have been summoned here?" a young beautiful Dragir seemed to be asking the entire squad one at a time. Atsuma Zeledon noticed her actions from where he stood against a stony wall that still stood erect from some old ruins a few miles to the west of the Crystal City. Those ruins were known as Arphen Ruins and had been the first city that the dragir had erected and resided in for centuries. That place now remained as nothing more than memories, the thirty thousand or so Dragir members now resided within their heavily structured and magically sealed crystallized city.

The sun was hidden from view because of the many crowded puffy clouds that were covering the sky that afternoon. The wind blew lightly but carried a hint of winter with it.

Atsuma's arms were crossed over his chest. He was dressed in an entire black outfit composed of pants, shirt, boots and a jacket to keep him warm. His hair was short, fell in bangs to the sides and his skin was light tan, his eyes brown as his own hair. At his hips hung his precious weapons, a sword on the left and two daggers on the right, along with a satchel where he kept useful items.

Atsuma, judging from what he had seen of the female wizard, knew that she was just as nervous as he was and was just trying to find out why they had all been summoned there. It was unusual for a wizard to feel that way, they packed a heavy punch with all their magical knowledge. He knew she was just a scholar at the moment, a low ranked student within the academy, but even a scholar knew magic that could kill him in a snap.

Two other wizards that had been summoned out to the ruins seemed perfectly calm, they both sat with their backs against another wall, which was smaller and partly destroyed. They seemed to be sharing a conversation and paid the rest of the dragirs no mind.

They carried flasks and satchels and wore just their silky robes, but Atsuma knew that they probably had covered themselves with some sort of protective enchantment that would keep the cold at bay. One of them wore glasses and had brown, long hair that fell in bangs down to his neck. The other one was blonde and had green eyes, Atsuma noticing that both were of the Dark element, the dark scales that he was able to see on their faces and arms said that much. Atsuma was of the fire element, he was known in Dragiria as a red. The dragon scales that partially covered random parts of his body were of a blood-red color with a black outline. Reds were the most feared Dragir in all Dragiria, they would become a real threat when angered.

Atsuma, who was just a warrior highly skilled with weapons and an expert in the arts of hand to hand combat, was just regarded as a low-ranked dragir, nothing much compared to a wizard. Sure, he could do his killing too, but magic was where the fun was at.

His father had been a warrior also. He had fallen in the field of battle sixty years ago, just like the rest of their family line had been falling as the years had gone by. Atsuma had entered the academy fifty years ago and had enlisted as a warrior, not a wizard, to honor his fallen family, who had all been experts in the usage of weapons rather than magic. Atsuma was 705 years old. He was well known in the *Warrior's Ward for being a brave fighter and an expert in the use of the blade and the dagger. Atsuma could also maneuver well using heavier weapons like Axes and Lances, but the young dragir preferred agility over power.

*A division within Dragiria Academy where melee combatants are trained*

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
He glanced down to the ground when he noticed that the dragir female was coming his way. When she stood in front of him, Atsuma did not raise his head to acknowledge her presence, rather he just continued to stare down, but his eyes noticing the beautiful, white silky robe that she wore. She also emitted some wonderful smell similar to that of a recently cut rose.

"Excuse me," she said then, causing him to look up at her face. Atsuma could not ignore her now, she had asked for his attention in a polite way, so the young dragir warrior had decided to stare her way.

"Yes?" he asked her, keeping his posture.

Her dark brown eyes locked with his own, and she offered him a light smile. Atsuma smiled back and waited for her to talk. He noticed then that she was a thunder dragir, one of those who could shock any being simply by touching them. Her scales were sort of bluish and yellow with a hint of gray as an outline. Her hair was long and dark, showing a hint of dark red shades. Her horns were smaller than Atsuma’s own, but they were like in color; dark. Her small wings at her back were also of a dark-red color, just like every other dragir’s.

So that is why she wears dark gloves, Atsuma considered that as he glanced at her hands, which were covered with dark gloves.

"Would you by any chance know why Master Brute summoned us here?"

Atsuma shook his head, keeping his stare on her beautiful face. Her eyes were small and her skin was light tanned, just like Atsuma’s own but seeming more delicate. "I don't know anything. I was pulled from my training at Warrior’s Ward and was told to come here. I too want to know what is going on, but all I can do is wait, Master Brute will surely come and let us know. Or someone else if not him."

The dragir female closed her eyes and shook her head as if she was disappointed. She sighed then leaned against the wall next to Atsuma's left. She stared down and noticed the silvery scabbard and the hilt of the weapon that the dragir carried on that side of his hip. She wasn't too surprised at seeing the hilt of a sword, the dragir was simply a warrior, a sword fighter from what she was able to tell. But he was a mighty red, and that alone made her take a step back. Keeping her stare on the hilt of his blade, she slid down the wall and sat on the ground of the ruined place.

Atsuma stared at her as she slid down and kept a smile to himself. He noticed that she crossed her arms and positioned them around her knees, which she had sticking up. She then sighed heavily, as if she was frustrated or tired.

Atsuma turned his attention back to the rest of the clique. Ten dragir, himself included, had been summoned there. Five were females and five were males. Five were wizards and five were warriors. Atsuma began to wonder why they had indeed been summoned there, and he couldn’t help but slide slowly down, just like the beautiful thunder dragir had done so. She stared at him as he did, and Atsuma offered her a light smile.

“My legs were sort of tired from standing,” he apologized. “I’ve been standing here like for an hour now. I was the first to arrive.”

“Indeed,” she responded, then turned her attention the other way. Atsuma simply nodded, uncaring, and then glanced back to the rest of the pack. He heard a female’s shout then. “Oh, here he comes now!”

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
He quickly stood up, as did the female dragir to his side. Atsuma moved out and headed to where the rest of the pack was gathering, the young female dragir followed quickly behind him, though Atsuma did not notice her, he was too concerned with the appearance of Master Brute and two other figures, who were dressed in white robes and fully concealed.

“Gather around, gather around,” Master Brute spoke to them as he was just arriving. He was tall, pale skinned and bald, and he had a horn broken in half. Master Brute was dressed in fine mail and hardened, silver plates and shoulder pads. He was it! He was the Warrior’s Trainer, the chief of the Warrior Ward. Atsuma knew him too well, and he looked up to him. But he was more than that! Master Brute was also an expert in magic and he was one of ten Generals who sat at the *Daelden’s honor table. But who were the other two? ((*Dragir Queen term))

Atsuma gathered around the rest of the bunch, keeping his attention focused on the two robed figures. He came too close to another dragir’s shoulder and she turned on him and gazed at him when he had bumped into her. Atsuma did not back away an inch, he stared right back at her dark brown eyes. She had yellowy scales with a hint of dark gray covering part of her face, an Earth dragir, or a yellow.

“What?” She asked, her tone low, for she did not want to be heard. She also had short black hair and her skin was of a light tone fading to pink.

“Nothing,” Atsuma simply responded back, his voice low too. “I just want to hear what Master Brute has to say.”

“Do it, but don’t use me as your stepping stone!”

“Sorry, I just wanted to be in the front. I am sorry I touched you, okay?” He noticed that she carried a quiver full of arrows at her left side hip, and she held a small oaken bow of a white color in her hand. Atsuma did not doubt for an instant that she would gladly use that bow and arrows on him, but she did not. She just turned her attention back to the front.

Atsuma settled down as well and paid attention to the front, where he found Master Brute’s eyes on him. The young dragir showed a disarming smile and the Master simply stared on, but then, he nodded at the crowd and began.

“You are here because you were hand picked by me,” the bald dragir announced, staring at the young dragirs one at a time. “The time to show your worth has come. Every dragir who I think has a chance of making it big in our realm gets this kind of opportunity, one in a lifetime, if I must say. Why is this?” he stared at them and knew he had their full attention. He started to pace back and forth in front of them, keeping his hands behind his back. “Because the realm is always in the need of new heroes. Our war with the sleechurs goes sour in the east. Lady Madusa’s kin are pressuring us heavily. To make matters worse, Ganondorf’s furrion folk have decided to form an alliance with them. You might have heard the rumors, or maybe you haven’t at all, for we dragir don’t usually spread rumors. The furrion armies are coming strong from the west, not only against us but also against the good people of Hyrule. We expect them to hit our shores in a week or so. As to Hyrule...Hyrule knows nothing of all this, of course, their hylian eyes cannot see beyond magical curtains. To Hyrule and its people all that exists is them, their precious little world and those that inhabit it. King Daphnes Nohansen knows not that war is upon them. When he does realize it, it will be too late. He and his people don’t know that we Dragir exist, nor the Sleechurs, nor the Furrion, nor the faeries, nor do they know anything of our centuries of conflicts. Their ignorance was bliss, until now...

Our enemies have taken another approach in our war. They know how we have protected the hylians as if they were our own kin, and so the sleechurs and furrion folk have allied themselves in an attempt to exterminate them and us. The enemy is astute, and so forcing us to divide our forces here and there, will surely weaken us....

The fairy realm has fallen in the south. The furrions invaded it and have forced the fairies to flee to Hyrule. The fairies arrived there unseen, but will surely be crushed nonetheless if we are as well.

Desperate times call for desperate measures, and so that is why we are all here reunited today.”

Atsuma felt nervous just by having heard all that. No, he felt a little scared too, and he felt sorry for the fairies and the hylians, creatures that he had not laid eyes upon before but had heard a great deal about in the academy history class.

He sucked in a deep breath and listened on, fearing for his realm and those others that Master Brute had mentioned. If he had been summoned here to be assigned some sort of mission, be it desperate or not, he was ready to obey and take it on.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
“These kind beings you see standing before you and to my left, you have never seen before. And you surely wont see more than you are right now, I am afraid. All you need to know is that the Zora, sages of old, are ready to lend their aid. Few of them remain, they are the fountain of all magic, it is because of them that magic came to exist. If the Zora are extinguished, all magic extinguishes. The Zora you see before you, are here to stay. They have become our allies and in doing so we have pledged our allegiance to them. Five of you will go with one, while the rest of you will go with the other. They will guide you where you must go and let you know what you must do. Now, when I call your name, you move and position yourself to wherever side I point to. You bow to the Zora, do not be disrespectful and show your back to them, you will surely die by my blade if you do.”

Atsuma trembled at that, so did the other nine young dragirs.

At that instant, one of the Zora moved to Master Brute’s right side. The other remained standing where it stood. Atsuma glanced at it, glanced at the veil that seemed to cover the Zora’s face. He cowered right away and lowered his stare, believing that the Zora had been intently eyeing him.

“Omega of house Blaster, to my right,” Master Brute spoke then, his hand stretched out and signaled to the right. A black haired dragir shifted uncomfortably and then moved to stand before the Zora, bowed, then went to stand off to the side. Atsuma could tell how nervous the dragir was, he was probably more nervous than he was.

“Atsuma of house Zeledon,” Master Brute’s voice came calling, but Atsuma did not hear it. He was lost staring at that black haired dragir, who reminded him so much of his father.

The dragir bunch glanced at each other as if trying to find out which of them was Atsuma.

“Atsuma of house Zeledon!” Master Brute rose his voice but kept it in a calm manner. Atsuma trembled and snapped out of it.

“Oh,” he uttered, nervously. Master Brute and the rest that were there noticed his nervousness. A dragir female blurted out giggling to his left, and Atsuma headed to stand before the other Zora, the one to the left and the one that he had believed had been staring at him from behind the veil. He slightly nodded at the Zora, bowed, then stood to the side, his eyes meeting those dark ones of Omega of house Blaster. The black haired dragir sort of nodded at him, to let him know how nervous he was as well.

“Enedina of house Wolfhaff!” Master Brute spoke louder and a beautiful black haired dragir headed to stand briefly before the Zora, bowed at the kind being, then went to stand next to Omega.

“Yosh of house Nataku!”

The lengthy dragir who wore glasses headed to the left, bowed at the Zora and then proceeded to stand next to the short-lengthed dragir. Atsuma paid him no mind.

“Janine of house Eilowen!”

A beautiful red haired dragir who also held a bow headed to Master Brute’s right side, bowed at the Zora and then stood off to the side.

“Kate of house Manthys!”

The short-black haired dragir that had accused Atsuma proceeded to go to the left, bowed slightly to the Zora and then stood next to Yosh.

“Gen of house Hui!”

Another beautiful thunder black-haired dragir headed to the right and did the usual routine of bowing and then standing off to the side.

“Lexi of house Xinn!”

Atsuma observed as the small-sized thunder dragon that he had met earlier moved to the left enthusiastically. She bowed at the Zora, turned halfway around and stepped on Atsuma’s toe deliberately and stared at him briefly before proceeding to walk to the side, her back not showing to the Zora, rather her left side.

Atsuma wondered why the dragir had stepped on him. Had it been by mistake as she had turned? Did she hate him or something for being a red? Many dragirs were not too kind to reds, so the young dragir believed that was probably it.

“Hazel of house Akinon!” Master Brute shouted.

A blonde haired dragir moved to the right, her hazel eyes shining beautifully as she headed to bow to the Zora. She was also a red like himself, Atsuma noted as the girl moved away to stand next to the thunder dragir.

“Axle of house Kimera!” Came the shout.

A short, black haired dragir moved to the left, bowing quickly at the Zora and then moving sideways to stand at the end. He was holding a glaive, a spear-like lance with a nasty toothy end.

Master Brute and the two Zora came close to each other then, as if huddling for a meeting. Every dragir saw as they interchanged undecipherable words.

Moments later, Master Brute turned and informed them all, “The Zora have agreed to leave immediately. They believe time is of the essence and I assure you that it is. They will provide you with all the details you will need to know and I expect you to obey. If all goes well, young ones, very soon you will all be back here, the war would have come to an abrupt end and peace will reign instead of chaos. Good luck!”

(End of Part 1.)

(Next: Part 2: Hel's Gates)

Last edited by a moderator:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Oooooh. Only Dragirs were introduced, but I think that part 2 will be exciting.

I am sorry. Yeah, I introduced mainly Dragirs, but hey, I did introduce two Zora lol.

Anyway, I will be introducing other characters in chapters to come. First chapter just mentions the war that's been going on for centuries and how the Hylians know nothing of those creatures' existence.

Hel's Gates will be awesome imo, don't miss it. Thanks for reading, I appreciate it. ^^

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
This was an excellent story. I only saw one mistake. It was one word that was spelled incorrectly:
He coward right away and lowered his stare, believing that the Zora had been intently eyeing him.
The correct spelling should be cowered. Other than that, I liked it a lot. ;) Keep up the good work!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Really nice story, Atsuma.
Nice intro... It makes us want to read the rest.

Lol, hope you read the rest then. XD And thank you, Hazel. Good to see you are reading the crappy things I write. :D

Can't wait for part 2. CAN'T WAIT! Hope ya post it soon.

No need to wait...part 2 is coming. In fact, this post contains the start of Part 2.

This was an excellent story. I only saw one mistake. It was one word that was spelled incorrectly:
He coward right away and lowered his stare, believing that the Zora had been intently eyeing him.
The correct spelling should be cowered. Other than that, I liked it a lot. ;) Keep up the good work!

Good eye, thanks. I corrected the mistake. :lol:

I read it yesterday but I forgot to comment.

Dude, This is awsome, it kinda built up suspense, thats a good thing, I am really really exited for the next part, Keep it up!!!

Good to hear that. XD Well, thanks for reading everyone. Here is the start of Part 2.

PART 2

Hel's Gates

Same Afternoon, different place

If two words would describe the Sleechurs' home it would be Dark Jungle. The half human-half serpent people resided in a large portion of land known as Slyria. That huge island was located seventy nine kilometers off the coast of the Dragirian realm, which was also a large island in the form of a dragon wing.

The sleechur realm had a mountain range surrounding the entire island. Those mountains were dark in appearance, huge and pointy at the top. The realm also had many large lakes in the middle and had many swamps, too many in fact that the island also had a wide variety of other monsters lurking underneath those swamps and lakes. Those monstrosities the sleechurs had been able to dominate through time's advancement and now used them as servants, soldiers or war beasts.

The entire realm was also crammed with dense brush, trees and pine trees, a real spooky jungle to behold and surely a death-wish for strangers.

The sleechurs hated the dragir to the extent of the word. They were ancient nemesis, at one point having been friendly with each other. But something had happened long ago that had made all races turn against each other in hate. A goddess had descended down from the heavens and had turned many things into evil beings. This goddess now resided deep in the subterranean caves of Slyria. Madusa was her name, and she had more than sleechurs at her command.

"How goes the battle with the dragir in the middle sea?" a high general sleechur spoke inside a cave-like subterranean room. This room smelt like sulfur, and the walls were blood-red and seemed to be alive. The squared table in the middle was just a a big mound of dirt that had been molded into the form of a table. On top of it set several weapons and a fat candle that lit the room as if it was daylight.

Five other top ranked sleechurs were inside the room and around the mound, two of those being females. They answered only to the high general, which had spoken. The sleechurs were long and slender. Their lower torso was snake-like, ending in a tail which had four nasty spikes attached to it. Their upper torso, which was human-like, was covered with battle plates of assorted material. Those generals wore the finest of armor, made out of Orihalcon, a unique material that only gave itself in that realm. It was rumored among the sleechurs that the Orihalcon was the material that gods used for their armors and whatnot, thus they believed Lady Madusa's arrival to the earth had brought it along. Not that they cared too much for it, but the material was what was helping the sleechurs win the war against the tough dragir.

Stronger weapons and stronger armor were made out of it, and so the finest fighters of the serpent clan wore them. Once a portion of the Orihalcon was used from its source, the material would grow back but it would take months, even years. The growing process was slow and so not every sleechur wore armor or held weapons made out of it.

"We have pushed them back, our sea troops have managed to win good victories at sea, Master Orcon." a sleechur replied from his place. "But our losses were many, those damned dragir put up good fights."

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
"That matters not," the top general spoke. He was known as Dharas Orcon and was the high general of Slyria. He only answered to Lady Madusa. He had short, disheveled, dark hair, and green eyes. "Very good. There is nothing to fear, the whole war against them will only get better. Our Lady has managed to secure an allegiance with Ganondorf and his furrion clans, so the tide will turn in our favor." The sleechur slid around the room, as if pacing. "Troops have already been dispatched to wage war against the hylians. Soon the dragir will have to split their main forces and attempt to salvage those pitiful beings. Helga!"

"Yes, Master Orcon?" asked a beautiful black haired sleechur.

"You will move your troops to the south and begin the invasion of Hyrule from the north. Lady Madusa has told me that the furrions will assault the continent from the west and south, so you will be okay by yourself. I'd send Kureeka along to help but she and her forces will be needed in the invasion of dragiria, which we plan to launch soon."

The other female sleechur, which was completely bald, yet retained her female beauty, smiled devilishly and glanced down at the table, where her fierce double edge blade sat.

Helga nodded, eager to get underway and begin the assault upon Hyrule.

"Do not destroy every living being there," Dharas Orcon warned with a stern voice. "Lady Madusa has requested that many be left to be used as slaves."

Helga nodded, understanding the orders well.

"As to the rest of you," Dharas went on. "Order all major divisions to head out to Hel's Gate. We will launch a severe attack against those scaly creatures in a few days. Preparations must be made beforehand, so move all troops out."

Hel's Gate was an area located on the south west parts of Slyria, the only accessible point into the island and where many sleechur garrisons had been built over the passage of time in order to defend it.

The dragir had made many attempts in the past, trying to invade the sleechurs' home through that area but were denied on all occasions. That spot had been the sight of many bloody battles over the centuries. No dragir had set foot further in.

The other generals nodded at their high general. Soon, Dharas ended the meeting and watched as his colleagues slid out of the chamber, leaving him alone.

(End of Part 2)

(Up Next: Part 3: The Newborn)

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Oooooh, nice. I've always liked tactical combat. But what is Hel? Is it He**, or what?

No, it's Hel, Hel has nothing to do with Hell. XD Hel is just a name of someone who will appear much later in the story. Hence, the term Hel's Gates

Part 3
The Newborn

Same Day, 3:00 PM, Hyrule Castle

"Blue eyes, blonde hair and as beautiful as her mother," King Daphnes Nohansen seemed on the verge of crying. He held in his strong arms a newborn infant that belonged to his daughter, who had just recently given birth to it. "Cuchi coo," he teased the newborn and touched her small nose. The infant just cried the louder. "Aw, but you are a pretty one, aint ya? A crying lass like your own mother when she was born."

"Father," King Daphnes' daughter spoke from the bed where she laid, her appearance that of a very tired and ill woman. Her hair was blonde and braided, and though she seemed ill and tired, her sick appearance took nothing away from her natural born beauty. She was covered by a cozy, white blanket up to the neck. "Can I hold my daughter again?"

The king spun about, nodding as he glanced at his daughter. He was dressed in royal red and white clothing and wore a golden crown on his head. He was buff and strong and his hair was already gray. His skin was a soft tan and his eyes were as blue as the sky.

The king headed toward the side of the bed and handed his daughter the baby with care. He then stood watching his daughter as she delighted herself caressing her newborn's face. The king smiled tenderly and felt his heart vibrate. His daughter's newborn had not been a boy, but a beautiful girl, and he was proud of that. King Daphnes grabbed the bluish amulet that hung from his neck from a golden chain and caressed it. He always did that when he found himself lost in a reverie of thoughts.

"For a future ruler she will do," he heard himself saying lowly but loud enough for his daughter to hear. The child, now comforted in her mother's arms, was quiet and still. "Tetra, daughter of Lady Cleo and Aramus Jenkins and granddaughter to King Daphnes Nohansen Hyrule and only heir to the throne. I like it!"

At that instant, several heavy knocks came at the wooden door of the room, startling the King and his daughter though not the infant.

The king turned around to face the door and shouted calmly, "Yes? Who is it?"

"My King," came a male's reply from behind the door. "I have important news to relay."

"How important?" the king responded without moving an inch and without taking his stare away from the door. "I thought I said we were not to be disturbed!"

"Y...yes, my King, I know that..." came the nervous reply. "But...I am afraid it is urgent...Pirates...have been sighted to the north, many ships."

At that, the king tensed and turned to glance at his daughter, who was already staring at him, her face showing a bit of fear. "I told you they'd come," her voice sounded fearful. "Pirates don't forget and they surely don't forgive, it's been the pirate code since piracy came to be."

"Be right out!" the king shouted so his personal messenger could hear, ignoring his daughter's words.

"Yes, sire! We will be waiting downstairs in the main living room!" The king heard the messenger leaving, the heavy mail clashing on the mosaic, white floor.

The king then rushed toward the bed and told his daughter as he leaned to plant a kiss on her forehead.
"Everything will be fine, Cleo, I promise. No pirate will ever be allowed to reach you."

The king then leaned and gave the newborn a kiss on its forehead as well.

"Father, I want to help! It is because of my actions that all this is happening."

"Don't be foolish, dear, you did nothing wrong. You are in no condition to help out there, either. Stay here, repose, watch over your baby, I shall return briefly." He then spun around and headed immediately for the door.

(End of Part 3)
(Up Next: Part 4: The Gift)

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom