• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rise of the Dragir

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
"That is why he needed the goodly race of the Dragir gone from the face of the world,"
Shouldn't it be godly? Goodly makes no sense to me.

No, they're not talking about religious devotion or anything like that. Look at this:

Main Entry: good·ly
Pronunciation: \ˈgu̇d-lē\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): good·li·er; good·li·est
Date: before 12th century
1 : pleasantly attractive
2 : significantly large : considerable <a goodly number>

It's right there in the dictionary. I assure you it's a word, though it may not be a common one. It makes sense that an evil person would need a large or pleasant race destroyed to make way for their plans, especially if that race is opposed to him.

Hazel

A Frog
Good that it's OK. I once commented on an other forum, and landed in a similar situation. The guy who posted the story wasn't as cool as you though and was mad at me for days afterwards.

I assume that you will be posting more soon, as you are working on it?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
No, they're not talking about religious devotion or anything like that. Look at this:

Main Entry: good·ly
Pronunciation: \ˈgu̇d-lē\
Function: adjective
Inflected Form(s): good·li·er; good·li·est
Date: before 12th century
1 : pleasantly attractive
2 : significantly large : considerable <a goodly number>

It's right there in the dictionary. I assure you it's a word, though it may not be a common one. It makes sense that an evil person would need a large or pleasant race destroyed to make way for their plans, especially if that race is opposed to him.

Oh yeah and I also brought this:
good·ly [gddlee]
(comparative good·li·er, superlative good·li·est) adj
1. somewhat large: moderately large in quantity or extent 2. attractive: having a fine appearance (archaic) 3. pleasant: of a pleasing quality (archaic)

Thank you Athenian :D The word was used as #3 states, of pleasing quality, but it can also be used as #1 lol.

Good that it's OK. I once commented on an other forum, and landed in a similar situation. The guy who posted the story wasn't as cool as you though and was mad at me for days afterwards.

I assume that you will be posting more soon, as you are working on it?

Yeah, I think I can work a few more Parts...I don't know though, sometimes I tend to get lazy and just go play xbox 360 lol. But I will try to post more here today, if not, well, tomorrow. :P

Myriadviper42

Fulcrum Agent
So Ganondorf has the Furrions, Maddusa (or is it Madusa?) has the Sleechurs, and Ganon plans to eliminate the Dragirs and everything else. One thing, I think that King Hyrule wasn't Tetra's father, rather her anscestor, but come to think of it, the game didn't say.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Well good for you. LOL people don't usually admit being lazy...

I'm looking forward to seeing this:)

I admit it, I am lazy sometimes, not all the time. :D

So Ganondorf has the Furrions, Maddusa (or is it Madusa?) has the Sleechurs, and Ganon plans to eliminate the Dragirs and everything else. One thing, I think that King Hyrule wasn't Tetra's father, rather her anscestor, but come to think of it, the game didn't say.

Ganon is to Furrions as Medusa is to Sleechurs. Daphnes is to Hylians as the Daelden is to the Dragir. Then there are other leaders which have yet to appear. XD

Yes, Tetra is King Daphnes' grand daughter in my story. The mystery will unfold as the story moves along...

Yes, in Rad's story, Tetra is the granddaughter of the King. So technically, the King is Tetra's ancestor...

Indeed. XD

Hazel

A Frog
So, I'm looking forward to the rest.
(I'm posting this here because I know you hate double posts :) JK)
So, write quick! I'm sure were half a dozen or more people to be waiting around for this thread. Hope there will be updates today.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
So, I'm looking forward to the rest.
(I'm posting this here because I know you hate double posts :) JK)
So, write quick! I'm sure were half a dozen or more people to be waiting around for this thread. Hope there will be updates today.

Oh thank you, I do hate d-posting, tbh. When I do it, I have to go back and edit my previous post and delete the newest entry lol.

Quick? lol ok, well, here's part of Part 6.

Part 6
To Meet a Monster

30 minutes before sunset

Atsuma found himself standing in the middle of the room where all the portals had been created by the Zora. He was dreaming, he knew it right away, and when Yara appeared before him, she also let him know that even if the dream appeared too real, it was only that, a dream. He briefly glanced around the room trying to find the other dragir, and he noticed that they were laying comfortably behind him, their breathing soft. He glanced upon Yosh of House Nataku, then upon Axle of house Kimera. The two beautiful dragir females laid also as if in peace, and Atsuma could not help it but stare at Kate of house Manthys.

Seeing her, he remembered that Lexi had mentioned to him that she liked him, but was that true? Atsuma knew that wasn't the case, Kate of house Manthys had just been scowling at him and speaking to him in a threatening way ever since they had shared words, so how could she like him?

"Atsuma," Yara's voice suddenly made him turn to face the front. He saw her standing a few feet away and headed there. She continued speaking when he stood in front of her. "Are you ready to hear about your mission?"

"I am," he said, for he was.

"Your mission will be to head to Hyrule castle and rescue someone."

"Who, if I may ask?" Atsuma had politely questioned, though he thought the mission would be going up against foes in battle.

"A recent newborn child," the Zora replied. "A child of great value to us and to the world itself. A child who carries a mark and one who needs saving."

"Why does the child need saving, and what is the mark?"

The Zora knew that Atsuma was asking questions simply because he was afraid to blow the entire mission, so he just wanted to make sure he got all the information correct. That fact alone made the Zora smile underneath.

"The lass has a mark of the tri force on the upper part of her right wrist," she went on to explain to him. "Her given name is Tetra Nohansen Hyrule, she's the granddaughter of the King of Hyrule."

"And what about my first question?"

"An evil being has shown great interest in her, and he cannot have her. Tonight he will attempt to abduct the little child for his own evil purposes. Atsuma, your job and that of others is to keep him from getting his hands on her. Do you understand me?"

"Fully," Atsuma felt several sensations then. He felt nervous, compassion for the newborn, troubled and very lost, as if he did not belong in the room. The Zora knew what he was going through, but said nothing. "But who is this supreme evil being you spoke of, and why truly does he desire the child?"

The Zora knew there was time left, so she could grant the dragir some answers before he was sent out to tackle the mission. She had answered questions from the other dragir as well, so having to answer Atsuma's was okay.

"We simply know him as Master Ganondorf, but his Furrion clan call him the Dark Lord."

"So he is a Furrion?" Atsuma felt his rage rising just a little bit. For all he knew the furrions had sided with the sleechurs and were on the brink of invading his homeland, so that made the dragir become slightly agitated.

"No one knows what he truly is," Yara politely said. "His magic is strong, with it he has morphed his body to his liking, and he uses a dark, magical blade too, one that steals the essence of life from foes and makes him stronger. He has many evil plans for himself and for this world, Atsuma. He is a loss to us all."

Atsuma remained standing, pondering on the information, his eyes on the stony floor.

"You wont be alone in all this," Yara spoke, hoping that what she said next would calm the dragir a bit. She knew that the dragir had hardly killed anything during his 700 year-long life, he had just been training to become a warrior and one that would see plenty of action in many years to come. The young dragir only knew about sleechurs and furrions but knew nothing about hylians nor fairies nor Zora, and he knew nothing of the greater forces above and below.

Atsuma straightened at that and glanced back at the Zora. "I wont?"

She softly shook her head, Atsuma wondering what could truly be her appearance behind the robe and veil.

"Others from your kin will support you," Yara continued. "They have already been told what they need to do, and they will be doing most of the fighting if it comes to that, and believe me, it will. There will be many enemies. Your job is to infiltrate castle Hyrule and secure the newborn and her mother at all cost. Once you have, you will have to create a portal using a magical stone, one that I will provide you with in your satchel, it will be a silver stone, Atsuma, don't forget that."

"Wait, wait," Atsuma pleaded, thinking that his dream was about to end. "So let us assume I do get to where the mother and child are. Do I just bring that stone out and trace an opening in mid air? Similar to that which you did at Dragiria with your finger?"

"Exactly," Yara nodded lightly. "You will simply make a door big enough where you and any others can escape through. That stone has already been altered by me, so when you use it, you will not be back here, rather you will have returned to Dragiria..."

The Dragir felt his tension diminish greatly at the sound of his homeland's name, and he smiled.

"Atsuma," the Zora then reached out to him. "You also need to know that when you wake up from this dream, your amulet and ring will be activated, their magic at your disposal. I am proud of what you chose, young one. If there is anything you should know, it would be how to summon Qetz."

"Who?"

"Qetz," Yara replied, too gently. "A mighty war beast from the heavens. It is a long story about how that beast got here, but if you are successful with your mission, Atsuma, I will gladly tell you all about it and the beast should you desire so."

"So how do I summon Qetz?" Atsuma seemed eager to know. To his knowledge, he knew that somehow he had acquired a mighty companion, a heavenly war beast as Yara had said, so his inner being was tingling with much excitement.

"You simply grab and hold the amulet core, or the statuette of the winged being, close your eyes and request his aid. The war beast will obey your command. But...also be warned that Qetz is a living creature, so just like the rest of us, he is obliged to obey certain rules. He must return to his home, which is wihtin the statuette hanging from the chain, and rest for several hours. The statuette will change colors. It will go from green to red, when it does turn red, Qetz's time with you would have ended and he will dematerialize and return to the material plane found within the amulet. It will remain red until Qetz has had its rest and then it will turn back to green, meaning that you can summon the beast again. As to the ring, Atsuma...well...you will just have to experience that yourself. Good luck with your two new pets and I hope you succeed with the mission."

Atsuma suddenly felt impossibly tired in the dream, and he began to get dizzy. His lack of energy made him stumble to the side and he felt someone grabbing him tightly. He did not know anything else from that moment.

(Continues)

Hazel

A Frog
Well, well... Good job, Atsuma.
I'm anxious for the rest. Continue it that way and you'll have an awesome story done before you know it!

Bravo!

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Well, well... Good job, Atsuma.
I'm anxious for the rest. Continue it that way and you'll have an awesome story done before you know it!

Bravo!

Yeah, soon I will have a fan fic finished. :P

Oh yeah, did I mention: At the end when all is written I will submit a page with questions regarding the story? Whoever hands in that test with all the correct answers, gets a prize. So read and keep attentive. ^^

--Anyway, story continues

Atsuma woke up suddenly, feeling dizzy at first. That feeling subsided though, and he stood up from the ground, noticing that the rest of his kin were not there. He noticed a dark brown colored satchel laying on the ground near where his fairy pistol and the two magical trinkets laid. He quickly stooped to retrieve the satchel and opened it, noticing that the Zora had spoken truthfully. He found a silvery stone within, the one that he would use to trace a magical portal once he would have the newborn and its mother secured.

Atsuma strapped the satchel around his waist and buckled it up. He then leaned forth and retrieved his other belongings. He gave the ring a quick glance, noticing the red gem at the top of it. He inserted it onto his right index finger, feeling a weird sensation as he did. He ignored it and then moved on to tie the amulet around his neck, also feeling a weird feeling as he did.

Atsuma wondered whether that feeling could be attributed to the items being magical. He shook those thoughts off, then remembered the vivid dream he'd had.

How Atsuma would of had loved to summon Qetz and meet the creature there and then, but he resisted the urge knowing that he needed to get going. Lastly, he retrieved the heavy double barreled fairy pistol from the ground. As he examined it closely, he noticed that the pinkish stone located within the weapon's handle was shining brightly. It was heavy, and he would need to find a holster for it. For now, he knew he had to carry it with him.

He glanced around the room but found that many of the portals' lights were already dimmed. That let him know that through them his other friends had gone. One portal alone remained, flashing brightly. Atsuma knew he would have to go through it and experience those sickening sensations that came with traveling through space and time.

"It's for the good of the world," he reminded himself. Trembling a bit, he started for the portal, a little unsure of himself, for Atsuma was pondering about the hylians. What manner of creatures were they? How would they react when they saw him? He closed his eyes and wondered whether they would see him as just some monster? He had never seen a hylian before, had only heard of them. Their appearance was similar to them, he knew, but the hylians had no horns, no wings, no scales, just very long, pointy ears. And they surely did not enjoy the privilege that he as a dragir did, the privilege to live for many thousands of years.

He stopped when he stood two feet from the portal and examined its intricate designing; the symbols the runes, all of it. His thoughts went back to the earlier day he had lived at Dragiria. Then those thoughts drifted over to the dream, Atsuma remembering right away that he had a mission to complete. He did not have the time to mess with his inner thoughts and feelings.

Remembering that the Zora had mentioned the little newborn, he took a deep breath and imagined that evil being Ganondorf putting his hands on the child. The dragir steadied himself then walked into the portal, decisively. He knew he would fight to save the newborn and would attempt to make Master Brute feel proud of him.

(End of Part 6)
(Up Next: Part 7: Pandora's Crew)

Hazel

A Frog
Very well written, in this chapter you interpret his feelings really well.
But I have a question for you :
What's a satchel? :)

Wow, sounds like a good idea (the quiz).
When it is done, are you going to post a link to the thread here?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Very well written, in this chapter you interpret his feelings really well.
But I have a question for you :
What's a satchel? :)

Wow, sounds like a good idea (the quiz).
When it is done, are you going to post a link to the thread here?

A satchel is like a small bag where you can carry stuff, essentials for battle mostly. It is often assigned for mercenaries, wizards, etc. Just think of it as a small bag where characters carry small supplies in.

As to the quiz, yeah, it will be long and will require of you to have read the story and remember stuff. I dunno, maybe 50 questions long? And yes, I think I will make a new post with the quiz. The person who pms me the quiz first and gets all the answers right will receive a prize. What prize? I dunno, I will think of something, maybe a Wii points card or something like that. :P

Anyway, Part 7 is here.

Part 7
Pandora's Crew

North Western Coast of Hyrule, 30 Minutes to Sunset

Her small crew loved her much. She was a young girl who wore long, jet black hair and had blue eyes. She had the look of an innocent, naive girl but was actually very smart. Her name was Pandora Ruby and she was one of the best hylian archers alive.

She held her black bow tightly with a fire arrow strung to it and ready to fire. She let fly and watched as the arrow flew through space and went on to stick to a target on main land.

"Holy smokes!" one of her crewman, a tall, buff, short dark haired man was amazed of his captain's accuracy . "True as ever, and that was a long way."

She had placed the arrow right on the mark, on a circular target made of hay that was located near the side of a pub. That hay target started to burn right away as the arrow stuck to it.

Pandora lowered the bow and laughed, feeling too happy with herself as she always did when hitting the target, which was often. "That will alert them that pirates are about, Dan."

"Indeed, captain," Dan smirked.

"And what about us?" a mysterious blond haired man called out from behind the ship's helm. "Are we joining with them or moving south?"

Pandora turned around and glanced over at the ship's helmsman. He was mysterious looking, normal height, dressed in blue and white clothing and was known simply as Kenji. He called himself a Guru warrior, but Pandora referred to him as a monk at times. He was mysterious alright, he fought using a style rarely seen. He knew about magic but used it only in short range with a series of deadly blows using two small daggers. When he fought, Pandora actually believed that he rather appeared to dance. The young leader of the White Dove was glad that the guru was on her side rather than against her.

"We are pirates, Kenji," she told him, placing the bow behind her back and moving toward him. "Good ones, not bad ones. If the pirate clans have gone insane and have decided to declare war against King Daphnes Nohansen simply because his daughter has decided to opt out of piracy, then that is their decision...and their folly. The White Dove will not be joining in."

Kenji said nothing, rather just stared at his boss.
He appeared to barely show her the slightest of nods, which made the leader chuckle. She then went on to say:

"I am not going to rise against the Kingdom simply because my good friend Cleo decided to leave piracy for her own good. She will have that newborn soon, or maybe she already has. If I was in her own shoes, I'd do the same and leave this sort of life behind in order to concentrate on giving my newborn a better life."

"And so we make enemies by not joining in," a voice suddenly was heard coming from the back side deck. "An excellent move."

The trio turned to see a black robed figure approaching along with a crew member who carried an axe at his back. The robed figure was short in height, had green eyes and brown, messy short hair. He was just a teenager but already excelled in assorted magic using some sort of fan weapon. Koroko was his name, and even though he always seemed to be opposed at what the leader said, he always ended up agreeing with her. His magic was strong, and when there was no wind blowing, Koroko being a Wind affinity hylian could summon wind at his request, helping the White Dove in tough situations.

The other lad was buff, had strong arms and tanned skin. He also had dark brown eyes. A dark bandana covered his brownish hair. He was known as Alexz Acciaio and he was the crew's master at arms and the only lieutenant to answer to Pandora.

He had been a good pick up from one of the farm villages in the south of Hyrule. Alexz used to be a woodsman, a logger and a farmer, but when his village was raided by bandits, he had defended it like a raged beast. He had dealt with the bandits but had lost his family, his friends and a dog that he had loved much.

"We might make enemies," Pandora teased the young wind elemental wizard, knowing how frustrated he seemed to become when she spoke at him. "But I doubt they'd want to attack us. We may be one vessel, gentlemen, with a very small crew, but we have tremendous power in our ranks. We will be fine."

She was about to continue saying something when a shout came from above the crow's nest. "I see many ships to the north. They all fly pirate flags, boss!"

Not only did Pandora stare up to the crow nest but the others did as well.

"What? Are you sure? How many can you count, PJ?"

PJ was no hylian, rather he was a Rito, a bird. His feathers were brownish and white, and his beak was dark, a rarity since most Rito had light brownish beaks. That fact alone had made him abandon the Rito forest, for he felt unaccepted simply by the color of his beak. Other Rito would make fun of him and so he suddenly disappeared from the forest. He had a good sight and could fly very well. Pandora's crew found him on the shores east of Hyrule, laying on the water and very weak. They had saved him from a sure death, for somehow the Rito had managed to fracture his wings and hadn't been able to fly or walk since with the incident he had also broken his claws. PJ did not tell how he had landed in that situation, he felt to embarrassed to share his tale with the crew. But nonetheless he had accepted their kind invitation. Dan and Alexz had carried him on a stretcher on to the ship that day, and Pandora herself had cared for him for the days that followed until his full recovery. She offered the Rito his freedom when he had healed properly, but PJ had fallen in love with the crew, and so he asked for a spot on the ship. For his keen senses and great sight, Pandora had appointed him the watcher, and so PJ spent his days mostly on the crow's nest watching out for any information that could help the crew.

"Eleven ships, my lady," he called back, his voice sharp. "I think they are fanning out, maybe planning to bombard castle Hyrule very soon."

"What?" Pandora wailed. "Come get me, PJ, I want to see."

The Rito abandoned his post and came flying down, wings beating normally. With his strong claws he picked up Pandora tenderly and flew her up to the crow's nest, which PJ had decided to call the Rito nest.

"Damned bird always gets the fun part," Alexz croaked, but the others laughed, knowing he meant that in a good way. "I mean, why does he get to lay his claws on lady Pandora? We aren't allowed to touch her."

The crew knew that Alexz was in love with Pandora, but he was not the only one. The whole crew loved her, even PJ. But since Pandora had discussed the matter with them all, they knew she would never fall for any of them. She'd said she loved them all as her big brothers. For all the crew members that was hard to accept at first, their hearts were shattered, broken, but then they understood that they had to move on and accept reality. And so they did, and now they all joked about it and felt alright with it, though Alexz seemed to be the one who still had a hard time accepting it.

Dan shoved him lightly away saying, "Come on, you big lug, we have work to do downstairs. Follow me, I am afraid this night wont come to pass before we see some fighting ourselves."

"Lead the way," Alexz said, his voice sounding uninterested, even lazy.

(End of Part 7)
(Up Next: Part 8: The Mighty Furrion)

Last edited by a moderator:

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Part 8
The Mighty Furrion

Western Sea, 20 Minutes before Sunset

He was tall, lean and very mean. His name was Simerus, top lieutenant of the Furrion forces. His furry skin was of a golden hue, his mane silvery and gold. He was dressed in fine armor, and he carried two fat daggers at the side of his hips. Those were his weapons of choice and were heavily enchanted with shocking magic. He was of the Lion tribe, a hero among them, for he had been the one to send the fairies scrambling away from their beautiful island just a few weeks ago.

At his master's call, though, Simerus had returned to Furrion island, along with his massive lion tribe. Master Ganondorf had named him his top lieutenant

then, for having dealt with the fairies as he had been ordered too. From that day on, Simerus had gained much power. He now controled the other three furrion tribes--the tigers, the bears and the wolves. All tribes had united under Ganondorf's rule for a single purpose, and that was to eliminate the pesky dragir race, who always seemed to be in the middle of everything.

Before the unification had come though, the furrion tribes had been at war with each other, fighting over terrain, bragging rights and possessions in their furrion island. Once Master Ganondorf was able to remove the magical walls that the dragir had set up as protection for the hylians from Furrions and Sleechurs alike, the unification had come. The furrion came to understand that their mighty leader was surely able to lead them to greater things. For someone like him to have been able to breach those un-passable magical walls, that was a great feat indeed. The dragir would have a hard time re-setting those magical walls back together, maybe they wouldn't even be able to at all, if Ganondorf's magic could prevent them from doing so.

And so the war against the dragir and hylians was on. Without the magical walls to protect the hylians, they too would fall quite easily, for hylians were the weakest of races, it was believed by the Furrions. But the dragir were sure to put up a fight and would send troops to defend the hylians, as they had always done so.

That is why two large fleets had been assembled weeks ago. The main fleet was already sailing toward Dragiria and very close to arriving, with Simerus leading the way on his mighty warship. Some fifteen thousand other furrion followed on other ships. The rest of the furrion clans, the weaker ones, had been dispatched to the east in an attempt to invade Hyrule once and for all while the opportunity lasted. Five thousand or so furrion were sailing toward Hyrule and would be arriving in a ten day period, five days after the main fleet would of had made contact with the dragir in the north.

"Soon," Simerus heard himself saying as he watched how the sun went down in the western horizon. He smirked and kept his yellowish orbs on the sun. "The fairies were first, the dragir will follow and then the serpent folk."

(End of Part 8)

(Up Next: Part 9: The Battle for the Newborn)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom