• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Revisiting Lorule? (Spoilers)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Lorule is a completely new world, and one that differs from some that we've seen in the past as it completely mirrors Hyrule in most ways. It's very similar to what we know, but it's very much independent. However, it is its similarities that make it the perfect candidate to revisit.

We got a brief insight in to its past (regarding the destruction of the Triforce) and this leads to a whole new realm of possibilities for Nintendo to explore. To be honest I would love for Nintendo to explore Lorule's past. Don't get me wrong I do like Hyrule, but there is something obscure and mysterious about Lorule, and it's locals, that make it somewhat unique.

Now how about we play as Link's counterpart (Ravio or a descendent/ancestor) and follow the typical formula within typical games that take place within Hyrule, but instead we're saving Hilda and the Lorule equivalent to said evil? To be honest, I'm growing to wanting to know more of this place and what better way to make a game within the world itself? It could be a risk as I'm sure people do love the original Zelda and Link, but I think it could add something fresh.

Anyway what do you guys think about this?

Nah, I wouldn't like to revisit Lorule because it's too similar to the Dark Worlds from A Link to the Past. A third helping would be too much.

Don't get me wrong, I recognize that Lorule is an entirely different world, but its aesthetic similarities to its direct timeline predecessor are obvious. I'll give it to Nintendo that they at least tried to change the geography by having Turtle Rock be in the southeastern portion of Lorule and Death Mountain housing the Ice Ruins instead, for example. Lorule felt overly familiar nonetheless.

There is one aspect of Lorule that stands out to me though, namely its Sacred Realm. I would like to know what connection it has to Hyrule's Sacred Realm and how the cracked "tablet" warp came to be. Are there other Sacred Realms and Triforces? ALBW left me confused about a lot of familiar concepts I had taken for granted so I'd like to see this further explained in a future installment.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
Wtb Lorule that I haven't been exploring since 1992 (It wasn't differentiated enough from the Dark World). Otherwise, pass.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
If we were to revisit Lorule, we'd basically be revisiting the Dark World from ALttP. ALBW is basically a remake of ALttP with a few curveballs thrown in for good measure.

If Nintendo did more with the story (I mean besides just at the very end) and made more efforts to make Lorule its own unique world I'd be more inclined to agree. But as it is, Lorule is yet another parallel dimension seen only once that doesn't really need any more delving into.

I completely agree, yes Lorule was very similar to the dark world of LttP but just the fact it has it's own Triforce interests me so much more than it should. I just want to see more history of Lorule particularly from the time it had a Triforce.

OcarinaofWind12

So zetta slow!
Ravio Specifically states that he's a coward so, while of the idea as playing as Ravio, I don't think it would work. Also...You wouldn't be mute anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom