• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resistance: Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Ladies and gentlemen of the Resistance, I congratulate you all on being here today. You're the best of the best - the best tacticians, most knowledgeable scientists, the most enchanting politicians, and more. However, I come to you today with a warning: the King has sent two of his best spies to take us down from the inside.
Now, we have three more bases left to take: Mountain Peak, Grand River, and the Castle itself. We'll only be able to send so many of you on these missions, and we only have enough resources left for five more missions. That means that we have five chances to capture three bases.
You need to make sure that spies don't go on these missions, because if they do, just a single spy can make the mission fail. But beware: not even I know who the spies are. You have to find that out yourself.
The missions will work like this: before every mission, I will choose a leader. The leader then gets to choose a party to go on the mission, of a size I will inform them of prior to the mission. Then you, the agents, can vote for whether or not you want this mission to continue. If you think there's a spy on the roster, vote no. If you trust those on the mission, vote yes. If at least half of you vote no, then the leader will be replaced with the next person on the list. If at least half of you vote yes, then hose chosen shall then go on the mission. With our superior weaponry, we can take the bases no problem, so long as spies don't sabotage the missions.
There are no timelines for in-thread votes. What happens in the missions will be taken care of by PM.
If we take all three bases before five missions are up, we win. However, if we fail at least three, then we have no chance. Choose wisely.
- General Nut of the Resistance Army

RULES
  1. No editing your posts
  2. There are no roles or names, so no role claiming or name claiming. Also, no copy/pasting from any PM to or from the mod (me).
  3. There are also no deaths in this game.
  4. Make your in-thread votes bolded. Vote: Yes Vote: No
  5. Please do not post in the thread during missions.
  6. Any questions to the mod can be asked in-thread or via PM. How and if I will answer are up to me.
  7. Since all votes are necessary for something to happen, activity is important. If you feel like you won't be able to be very active, please ask for a replacement.
  8. If you break the rules too harshly, you will be force replaced. This is under my own discretion.
  9. In case of a tie, the mission continues.
  10. Anything I say is final. No arguing.
  11. These rules can be changed at any time if I choose to do so. You will all be notified of such a change by a post in the game thread.
  12. Have fun!
PLAYERS
  1. @Mido
  2. @A Link In Time
  3. @Frozen Chosen
  4. @Doc
  5. @Tristan
The first leader will be Doc. There will be two people on the first mission. The game starts now. Good luck.

Mission 1: Success
Mission 2: Success
Mission 3: Success

Last edited:

Mido

Version 1
By the way, you all can still talk to try and influence Doc's decision

Oh...good point! XD

If there is anything I can recommend to you, @Doc, is that you can send yourself on the mission. (If DekuNut is still retaining that rule.) If you are indeed a member of the Resistance, it may be in good faith to act as such. The second man is ultimately up to you, but from what I'm seeing thus far, Frozen Chosen seems to be an enthusiastic member of The Resistance (At least based on his post), and while I'd hate to be that guy, I'd like to throw my own name into the mix as well.

Inb4 everyone now assumes that I'm a spy for my last thought.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I
Oh...good point! XD

If there is anything I can recommend to you, @Doc, is that you can send yourself on the mission. (If DekuNut is still retaining that rule.) If you are indeed a member of the Resistance, it may be in good faith to act as such. The second man is ultimately up to you, but from what I'm seeing thus far, Frozen Chosen seems to be an enthusiastic member of The Resistance (At least based on his post), and while I'd hate to be that guy, I'd like to throw my own name into the mix as well.

Inb4 everyone now assumes that I'm a spy for my last thought.
I believe I mentioned it in the role PMs, but if not I'm sorry. Yes, the Leader can choose to send themselves.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Oh, I hadn't even realized there were only two people going. I read it as myself and two others. Well, I will establish that I will select Myself to go on the mission. I might end up selecting someone else at random to tag along because at this point I don't think we have anything to go on except people's words.

AND RNG HAS SPOKEN

Frozen, I CHOOSE YOU!!!

((I know this was a quick decision, but c'mon...what else am I supposed to do at this point?))

Mido

Version 1
I

I believe I mentioned it in the role PMs, but if not I'm sorry. Yes, the Leader can choose to send themselves.

I reread my PM, and you did mention it! I must have missed that! My apologies! :eek:

As for what ALIT just said, he makes a good point; however, I'd like to apply his reasoning in the inverse perspective. If we all come to the consensus that we send Doc and Chosen Frozen on the mission, especially since this is our first mission, we can test the waters as to potentially root out a spy or two! This, however, also comes with a price. I will not say what that price is, in case it gives the spies any ideas. (Although I assume that the spies may have considered this price already.) While I'm not happy about this, I will act as such:

Vote: No

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I'm still kinda trying to figure out how this game works, so bear with me XD

For now, I'm gonna vote: no

I don't think we should be hasty with this game. None of us have ever played before and we're all still trying to figure things out, so just for now, I think it's best if we talk a bit more before making decisions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom