• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Officially Revealed

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
better than botox Claire from Darkside Chronicles

lmao what? Nothing can beat DC Claire...

Anyway, I will chime in and say that I prefer Degeneration Claire's overall face, but her body looks a bit better in Rev2. She doesn't look battle hardened though I do recall that she did get some experience around RE1-3. I don't expect her to look battle hardened given that she (probably) wouldn't have to do too much, but hey, just a little detail can go along way

Last edited by a moderator:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Was discussing this on GAF, and I can't say I agree with the people saying this, if anything they've fixed her look I think. Opinion tended to be quite divided on this matter. Going off all her appearances, using official game renders where possible so it's more fair to compare:

Compare away!

Personally I quite like her look, and it's a lot better than botox Claire from Degeneration and Darkside Chronicles, she just looks a bit older and more worn than her Code Veronica incarnation but still the same person. I've seen a lot of people use that 1 really unflattering image to judge her appearance on but in the game and game renders I think she looks alright.

Her Degeneration look is the best while Darkside and Mercs 3D were good updates to her classic look. I can tell it's her in Revelations 2, but I can also see they've made some major changes that just make her look... not as good looking.

Resident-Evil-Revelations-2-trailer.jpg

She's got noticeable bags under her eyes and a chicken nose. She was so hot in Degeneration so what happened? Did Chris not let her use his special creams?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Revelations happened!

Isn't that all not a good thing, though? I mean, the one thing I loved about the new Tomb Raider was how real it felt; Lara didn't just walk out of horrible situations, brush her hair back and continue looking perfect, she took a real beating and you could see it on her character. Similarly, I like how Claire who, by the time we play Revelations 2 has been beaten, kidnapped, and trapped in an abandoned prison with horrible monsters, doesn't look like some glamour model. She would look a bit worse for wear, including that she's a lot older now, and I like the realism of that, and she still at least looks like Claire (unlike Jill in original Revelations). I guess everyone has different tastes, of course, but for games like this I welcome a more worn, weathered main character, it feels more real.

Also if she used Chris' special cream I imagine she'd look like She-Hulk. ;)

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
but for games like this I welcome a more worn, weathered main character, it feels more real.
Well, the idea behind your post is good but my issue is that Claire doesn't look like she went through anything. She just looks dirty with a bigger head and, as Turo gracefully put it, a chicken nose + bags on her eyes. That doesn't indicate to me that she's gone through anything particularly brutal (or even difficult). More like she was sleep deprived and didn't take a shower for a few days. Maybe it'll change in the final release.

No thanks ;p

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Revelations happened!

Isn't that all not a good thing, though? I mean, the one thing I loved about the new Tomb Raider was how real it felt; Lara didn't just walk out of horrible situations, brush her hair back and continue looking perfect, she took a real beating and you could see it on her character. Similarly, I like how Claire who, by the time we play Revelations 2 has been beaten, kidnapped, and trapped in an abandoned prison with horrible monsters, doesn't look like some glamour model. She would look a bit worse for wear, including that she's a lot older now, and I like the realism of that, and she still at least looks like Claire (unlike Jill in original Revelations). I guess everyone has different tastes, of course, but for games like this I welcome a more worn, weathered main character, it feels more real.

Yeah, but Lara was still hot. XD I like that affect too, especially in RE6 where you can even notice sweat on the characters but I don't think that has anything to do with her face change. Yeah, she looks dirty but that face ain't the result of that situation. Just like Jill's duck face in Revelations...

Nah, that's a totally different drawer she's digging in. :P

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Nice interview done by Gamespot, talking to Games Producer Michiteru Okabe, where we now know for sure that Raid Mode is coming back.

GS: What are some of the things that Resident Evil fans have been asking for?

MO: "Here's one really good example: raid mode. It went over really well in the original Revelations and a lot of people really enjoyed that and are pretty vocal about it. We just announced at TGS that there will be a raid mode component to Revelations 2, as well. We're building upon what was there and levelling it up, so to speak, and I think that's another good example of things, in addition to some character appearances, that are there specifically because we perceive fans are interested in them."

Gamespot

I loved Raid Mode so glad to see they're bringing it back. Do love me some Mercenaries too, but I do think Raid Mode was just that bit more fun and can't wait to give it a go. :)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
New interview with the Game's producer, Michiteru Okabe, along with some new gameplay and more revelations (rolflol the game is called revelations too (ROFLOL THE JOKES KEEP COMING))

[video=youtube;j-nlX7kSeIw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-nlX7kSeIw[/video]

Some stuff I picked up and decided to write down for those who don't want to/can't watch the video, along with some other stuff we already know but nothing wrong with a re-cap when the video touches on it again:

• Being treated as almost a brand new IP, let's them do things they wouldn't usually want to do in the main series.
  • When asked about what kind of a role, if any, Barry Burton would have in the game, Okabe (with a big grin on his face) simply emphasises how important Moira is to the game and how the main characters are definitely just her and Claire. "I can't tell you about what Barry's been up to, but the focus of the story will remain largely on Moira and Claire."
  • Every episode will have approximately 2 hours of storyline content to it, give or take. That would mean, across the 4 episodes, we're looking at an 8 hour long main campaign. Episodes will also add additional Raid content with each release.
  • The wrist-bands we've seen in trailers and gameplay change colour in response to how scared the person is. Whether or not this will have gameplay implications is not known, but at one point in the video when Claire approaches a door something is banging on her wrist-band colour changes from green to orange.
  • Full movement continues to be available when aiming, shooting, reloading, or using the knife.
  • The game features the same dodge mechanic as Revelations, but also seems to feature a side-step/back-step style dodge mechanic which can be done at will.
  • Enemies take multiple shots to the legs with the standard handgun to make them faulter if running at you. The enemies, Afflicted, seem to be much tougher than many Resident Evil standard enemies.
  • Moira has more combat capability than originally implied. She has no access to any firearms but she can melee, being able to finish off downed foes and follow up stunning an enemy (using her flashlight) with a melee attack. You cannot charge them like you could in the original Revelations, or the footage at least did not feature this.
  • There will be "reasons" to replay the game even when finished.
  • Claustrophobia is one of the main elements of the game which the developers wanted the player to feel.
give

elliotstriforce

trollin for booty
i saw moira in the teaser. she was close to the umbrella. i personally think she might end up being mostly dead weight. but who knows. capcom might make a weaponless companion work out pretty well.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Videos from Capcom showing off some more gameplay.

Basic Controls
[video=youtube;dVVJdFGDLL4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVVJdFGDLL4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Menu
[video=youtube;wGF92wgsmNk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGF92wgsmNk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Combat
[video=youtube;mzLsRFrV7es]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mzLsRFrV7es&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Liking what I'm seeing so far. :) Game isn't going to be breaking any boundaries but it does look good, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom