• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Officially Revealed

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
This isn't exactly an "I told you so" moment considering everyone has been saying Claire was going to be the protagonist since the game's announcement...

Yeah, this... Everywhere assumed Claire would be involved somehow because of the original trailer and pretty much every discussion I've seen on the reveal has discussed her. It's not like the hints within the trailer were insanely hidden and obscure, Capcom even told us to look for them.

Anyway, I really like the look of the new Afflicted enemy types, they look like they'll definitely be scary to go up against and seem much better designed than Revelation's weird wibble-wobble men, and the setting seems great for a horror game. I like the boat of Revelations because it's enclosed, there's no escape, and I think a prison definitely has that same feel. I'm curious to see if this will tie into the main Resident Evil franchise at all, or if Capcom plan on having Revelations be its own entity to compliment the main Resi games. Maybe Chris will come in and punch some boulders.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Yeah, this... Everywhere assumed Claire would be involved somehow because of the original trailer and pretty much every discussion I've seen on the reveal has discussed her. It's not like the hints within the trailer were insanely hidden and obscure, Capcom even told us to look for them.

Turo questioned where Claire was in the trailer, even though it was clear she was there. That's what I'm talking about.

First gameplay trailer!

[video=youtube;WvJq_4SHZZc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvJq_4SHZZc[/video]

Last edited:

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Damn that looks cool, and those enemies look really scary. Everything I've seen looks great so far. :D Story seems quite sinister with the brief kidnapping scenes we saw, too. All things you want from a horror game! If Capcom can nail the pacing and ammo scarcity of the game, I hope Revelation's max ammo cap returns, then I'm sold!

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Turo questioned where Claire was in the trailer, even though it was clear she was there. That's what I'm talking about.

Yeah... in the trailer, not the game. Please, tell us where she appears in the teaser trailer. You seem to be the only one who has seen her.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Some gameplay recorded from the show floor at TGS. The first clip is from the PS4 version of the game, and the second is from Xbox One.

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_resident_evil_revelations_2_tgs_showfloor_gameplay-33003_en.html

http://www.gamersyde.com/hqstream_resident_evil_revelations_2_tgs_showfloor_gameplay_2-33006_en.html

Apart from the not so great players that don't really do the game justice, at least in the first clip, it looks good. Some observations, and also updates for those who don't watch the videos.

• Character swapping like RE0; looks smooth and fluid, non-controlled character goes straight into AI mode. Looks like Claire can give commands to Moira which, at the very least, include "Turn on/off the flashlight" without having to switch to her.
  • We have crouching! So there might be a more stealth element to the game, sneaking past the monsters being a more viable strategy. Might also compliment Claire being able to tell Moira to turn the flashlight off, which would likely give you away.
  • The sprinting from Resi 6 seems to make a return too. So not only do we have stealth but we also have RUN AWAY VERY FAST mode. Didn't show it in the video but I imagine sprinting will have your character vault over obstacles and push through doors. Whether sound plays a part in the game is unknown but I imagine sprinting will draw enemies towards you.
  • Weapon-management seems akin to Resi 5's d-pad controlled system, with 4 options. We know that ammo and weapons are going to be scarce as it's been confirmed elsewhere in TGS you don't even begin the game with a weapon. Sneaking and avoiding enemies will be your only option then.
  • Enemies are fast! Unlike in Resi 4 where the villagers tended to slow down when they approached Leon, the afflicted enemies in this game did not slow down when coming close to Claire and ran quite fast. The enemy also took two shotgun shots to be taken down from close-range, so they are tough too.
  • Moira's flashlight is used, similar to the scanning system of the original Revelations, to find hidden items.
  • Moira is not completely defenceless like Ashley, as earlier reports made out. She seems, at one point, to swing a melee weapon, so she has at least some defence against enemies. In typical Resident Evil fashion and if it's like the combat knife I wouldn't expect miracles from it. This weapon (a crowbar) also allows only Moira to open certain doors.
  • You are invincible when climbing ladders!
  • Claire continues the tradition of Resident Evil female characters having a nice booty.
So that's that. I'm expecting we'll see/hear more from TGS, there's already been more news revealed than just what we saw in these 2 small clips but I assume anyone excited for this game will have read it. If you haven't, probably one of the biggest announcements, and perhaps one of the more sad updates for some of us, is that this game will not feature any kind of online co-op, but it can be played locally in co-op. So bring a friend around to play it but looks like there's no online unless this decision is taken back/functionality is added in.

Setting looks pretty dank and scary and I'm digging this game so far. :)

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
  • Character swapping like RE0; looks smooth and fluid, non-controlled character goes straight into AI mode. Looks like Claire can give commands to Moira which, at the very least, include "Turn on/off the flashlight" without having to switch to her.
  • We have crouching! So there might be a more stealth element to the game, sneaking past the monsters being a more viable strategy. Might also compliment Claire being able to tell Moira to turn the flashlight off, which would likely give you away.
  • The sprinting from Resi 6 seems to make a return too. So not only do we have stealth but we also have RUN AWAY VERY FAST mode. Didn't show it in the video but I imagine sprinting will have your character vault over obstacles and push through doors. Whether sound plays a part in the game is unknown but I imagine sprinting will draw enemies towards you.
  • Weapon-management seems akin to Resi 5's d-pad controlled system, with 4 options. We know that ammo and weapons are going to be scarce as it's been confirmed elsewhere in TGS you don't even begin the game with a weapon. Sneaking and avoiding enemies will be your only option then.
  • Enemies are fast! Unlike in Resi 4 where the villagers tended to slow down when they approached Leon, the afflicted enemies in this game did not slow down when coming close to Claire and ran quite fast. The enemy also took two shotgun shots to be taken down from close-range, so they are tough too.
  • Moira's flashlight is used, similar to the scanning system of the original Revelations, to find hidden items.
  • Moira is not completely defenceless like Ashley, as earlier reports made out. She seems, at one point, to swing a melee weapon, so she has at least some defence against enemies. In typical Resident Evil fashion and if it's like the combat knife I wouldn't expect miracles from it. This weapon (a crowbar) also allows only Moira to open certain doors.
  • You are invincible when climbing ladders!
  • Claire continues the tradition of Resident Evil female characters having a nice booty.

shoving_money_through_screen.png

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The game looks incredibly uninspired. The fact that it's skipping my console of choice also puts it low on my priority list. And, really, you're going to put the daughter of the Family Man in tow? Come on now. Well, all can't be bad. I'm sure she'll turn out to be a good character on her own.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Wrong thread. I believe you're looking for a Resident Evil 6 discussion one.
Another dark location with big burly monster-humans. I've seen this before. ;p

As far as character and stories go, I don't know how Rev2 will play out. It could be awesome. It could suck. Who will know until the game releases? All I'm saying is that the game looks uninspired, from a trailer POV.

Only peasants play on consoles, lel. #PCMasterRace
Enjoy blowing $1000+ into a pointless economy lmao

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Claire's face needs work though... Man, what's with Revelations messing up chicks faces?

Was discussing this on GAF, and I can't say I agree with the people saying this, if anything they've fixed her look I think. Opinion tended to be quite divided on this matter. Going off all her appearances, using official game renders where possible so it's more fair to compare:

Resident-Evil-2-Claire-Redfield-Cosplay-Costume-Version-01-1.jpg

Resi 2

20090101151257!Claire_Redfield.jpg

Code Veronica

claire.jpg

Degeneration

20100720231541!Claire_Degeneration_Render.jpg

Darkside Chronicles

hSjEK6V.jpg

Revelations 2

Compare away!

Personally I quite like her look, and it's a lot better than botox Claire from Degeneration and Darkside Chronicles, she just looks a bit older and more worn than her Code Veronica incarnation but still the same person. I've seen a lot of people use that 1 really unflattering image to judge her appearance on but in the game and game renders I think she looks alright.

JuicieJ said:
I just wanna say that while Claire's butt is very nice, it's nowhere near as good as Jill's.

Which is nowhere near as good as Leon's. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom