• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil: Revelations 2 Officially Revealed

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
There have been rumors floating around for a few weeks now that a REvelations 2 was in the making, and today, Capcom confirmed them. Here's the teaser trailer!

[video=youtube;XeJq0wmpm30]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeJq0wmpm30[/video]

Unfortunately no gameplay footage shown just yet, but it's good to know that a sequel to the first proper Survival-Horror Resident Evil game in over a decade is landing -- early next year, no less. With this and the REmake HD remaster, it looks like Capcom might have finally learned that RE5 & RE6 just weren't the route to go for the series, so there's hope yet for RE7!

By the way, pay close attention and you'll see Claire Redfield! =D

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Claire? I know it says Tara Save on that guy's T-shirt but there's no Claire... Are you referring to the shadowed figure behind the gate because that's a bit of a stretch. Anyway, some people have pointed out Rachel in the background at the very beginning and some are even saying that Barry and Rebecca are seen talking to each other. Seems sketchy considering the circumstances of the teaser and the fact that Rachel is dead which could mean this game takes place somewhere before Revelations? Also, if those people are indeed Barry and Rebecca, I hope this game gives us some much needed closure on characters from the past. After all, the game is called Revelations.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Someone posted this on GAF, since Capcom said there were lots of secrets hidden in trailer. Worth a look:

ewTtTNE.png

MRDnFAH.png

zeYJikZ.png

AqLTHoY.png

Judging by the trailer, the bands seem like an interesting element. Seems like green means a person is not infected, the girl holding the 'Itchy, tasty' sign, which is generally assumed to be the thoughts of people who are becoming infected since that same thing has been mentioned in a few Resi games (Keeper's Diary from REmake being one such example, and the file that line is directly lifted from) goes from green to red so she's became infected, and the red means zombiiiie! The storyline implications of this could be that this is how the world is handling all these bio-terrorist attacks now, it's an easy way to tell if anybody is infected and to try and stop outbreaks from happening again. So perhaps infection is now controlled? It's regulated, perhaps. It's not cured, but the world (or country, or city) is trying to handle it.

So, I'm thinking maybe this could be similar to how Dead Rising does it, with Zombrex. The zombies aren't gone, infection is still out there, but there are ways and perhaps medicine of attempting to control it and preventing another outbreak. As another user on GAF pointed out the game could even go into the dynamic of the rich being able to afford wristbands like these whereas the poorer people can't, and so in poorer places of the world (country, city) zombie outbreaks happen. It could be a very interesting concept, but it is of course all speculation based on what we've seen in this 1 lone trailer.

OR it could be the very opposite of what I'm saying. In a big evil way, the wrist-bands could be how the terrorists are seeing who's infected as they try and spread the virus. Since one of the people holds the wrist-band and turns so, maybe that's what caused it? Anyone who wears the band gets infected and they get tricked into doing so. Maybe. I don't know, but it's fun to speculate.

----​

Anyway, I've been really excited about this for awhile now! It's been pretty much confirmed ever since the box art and blurb was found hidden on xbox.com, and I'm glad finally Capcom showed us something. Loved Revelations, and my only problem with it was it being held back by having been primarily developed for the 3DS. Considering Revelations 2 now hitting everything but Nintendo platforms (PC/XB1/PS4/360/PS3) I can't wait to see what Capcom can do! I hope it being cross-generation doesn't hamper things too badly.

My biggest desire is they keep Raid mode. Please Capcom, don't take that out! I love Mercenaries in modern Resi games, RE6's gameplay worked so well in that mode and I had a blast with it, but Raid mode was just so damn good! Played that so much when I got Revelations on PC, so I hope they've kept it.

Last edited:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I like the idea Rely on Horror proposed about the wrist bands being the way you tell health. That way, it could serve both gameplay and story purposes. Plus, less HUD is always a good thing.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I like the idea Rely on Horror proposed about the wrist bands being the way you tell health. That way, it could serve both gameplay and story purposes. Plus, less HUD is always a good thing.

I'd like that. It'd be similar to Dead Space then, how it displayed everything without needing a HUD on-screen. And is something I thought worked really well for the games, too.

It'd also tie whatever protagonist we're going to get into the story that bit more, too, if they wear one of them. It seems like these wrist bands are much more than just props, judging by the trailer; considering everyone was wearing them I'm going to assume they're quite important to the story in some way. So this could be like Leon being infected at the start of RE4, where the protagonist of this game will be tied to any negative effects of why these bands are worn. Of course without knowing what the bands actually do it's hard to say, they could just be props and not mean much to the story, but could be cool.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I wish this game would come out on Wii U. I'm quite pissed, because I'm tired of supporting my dying PS3. Anyway, this is wonderful news and I hope it succeeds. My primary concern is where the story takes place and which characters will be involved this time around. I did not like the character of Jessica Sherwat or the other guy with Jill.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I wish this game would come out on Wii U. I'm quite pissed, because I'm tired of supporting my dying PS3. Anyway, this is wonderful news and I hope it succeeds. My primary concern is where the story takes place and which characters will be involved this time around. I did not like the character of Jessica Sherwat or the other guy with Jill.

It sucks seeing the Wii U get left out so often, especially since it's clearly not a matter of hardware in this particular case. The sad truth is, the Wii U just isn't successful enough. It's dead weight compared to the PS3 and 360. As far as where the story will take place, we've seen a prison and recent concept art depicts an island in which the prison will most likely be located. I can't help but think of Tomb Raider, considering it served as inspiration to Capcom when discussing the direction they should take next with the Resident Evil series.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
It sucks seeing the Wii U get left out so often, especially since it's clearly not a matter of hardware in this particular case. The sad truth is, the Wii U just isn't successful enough.

Also, because of many questionable hardware decisions of Nintendo's part they made the Wii U by far the worst and most expensive platform to develop for, without even taking into consideration the Gamepad. The Wii U would need to exponentially pick up in sales to save third-party relations. Shame, too, this is the 2nd Resident Evil reveal that begun life on a Nintendo platform and is now skipping them.

There's no real hint about if we'll see him or not and I know it's unlikely, but I really want to see what happened to Billy sometime. I really liked him in Resi 0 and it would have been interesting to see how he got on after the events of that game. I suppose he would have gone into hiding, but he had an interesting character and I'd like to see him re-visited! In fact there's so many characters I want to see re-visited! Seeing hints of Claire coming back is great though, it's been too long since we've seen her. I never knew till a short while ago that Claire was meant to be the main character of RE2, I always assumed it was Leon. But I guess it makes sense it was Claire, Leon was kind of randomly thrown in there and just happened to come out being a badass. :P So odd that they've not touched Claire since then, really, bar the movie.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
One can only hope for Billy Coen's return. Honestly, he was one of the more interesting characters from the past and seeing as we have characters like Jake Muller in this series, he's long overdue for an appearance.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Agreed. Jake was so bland and dull, with a really crappy forced character development. Capcom has such a rich, albeit messy in places, universe to draw from for future Resi titles, I hope they start doing so. Billy was a great character I'd like to see more from too, there's a lot of great things they could do with him, and Barry too. I know he remained active after the events of RE1 & 2 with Jill and Chris so it seems odd we've not really seen much of him. Plus if we have a game with Barry it's completely fine to have him start with a Magnum instead of a little handgun like usual. Much more my style. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom