• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Resident Evil 6 Discussion Thread (Keep Everything About RE6 Here)

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I meant that if the reviewer is bashing on RE 6, then I'm not going to watch the review. I going to play and own the game no matter what anybody says.

Oh, I was about to say that I wouldn't trust reviewers when it comes to Resident Evil 6. If it were called something else, it wouldn't be receiving all the hate it's getting. It's not perfect, but it's nowhere as bad as reviewers claim. It's sad really, reviewers are losing a lot of creditability as of late. Every year Call of Duty pulls in great scores with reviews that bend the rules to make it look fantastic, yet, Resident Evil can't even catch a break for going the action route while trying to maintain the same feeling earlier entries gave us.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Oh, I was about to say that I wouldn't trust reviewers when it comes to Resident Evil 6. If it were called something else, it wouldn't be receiving all the hate it's getting. It's not perfect, but it's nowhere as bad as reviewers claim. It's sad really, reviewers are losing a lot of creditability as of late. Every year Call of Duty pulls in great scores with reviews that bend the rules to make it look fantastic, yet, Resident Evil can't even catch a break for going the action route while trying to maintain the same feeling earlier entries gave us.

Well, to be honest, there were a bunch of reviewers who were paid to give Resident Evil 6 some good reviews. As I remember, IGN is one of those people. Now, that Destructoid review was really just the writer trying to get publicity, but other negative reviewers just feel really strongly for old RE. Resident Evil 6, like Capcom said all those years ago, is nothing like old RE and thus the reviewers, professional or not, give the game some low scores.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
To be fair, Yahtzee says almost every game is complete ****. Honestly, it's just suppose to be comical with some grain of truth. As for Resident Evil in general, yeah it's differed a lot from the old games, which is good and bad I guess. It's all about what you prefer. I have yet to play the game so I'll review it when I get it.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Well, to be honest, there were a bunch of reviewers who were paid to give Resident Evil 6 some good reviews. As I remember, IGN is one of those people. Now, that Destructoid review was really just the writer trying to get publicity, but other negative reviewers just feel really strongly for old RE. Resident Evil 6, like Capcom said all those years ago, is nothing like old RE and thus the reviewers, professional or not, give the game some low scores.

I don't see how a 7.9 and a bunch of complaints is IGN being payed off... Do you have a source or any proof of this claim?

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Although I never played it, it sounds it would do great as a movie, as opposed to a game. As in a CGI film, like Resident Evil: Degeneration, and Resident Evil: Damnation.

The graphics look great. From what I've seen, the controls for different attacks seem complicated. Instead of a certain button combination appearing on the screen when you need to dodge or something, you have to do a certain button combination every time, and there's a ton of different ones.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
As a whole, I thought this game was pretty good. The gameplay was great, but the story should have been worked on a bit more. If they would've ditched Jake's campaign and tried to focus on Chris, Leon, and Ada; it would've be fine. Jake was a pretty decent character, but out of the three new protagonists that were introduced, I found him to be the least likeable. And I didn't like Leon either in certain sections. For some reason, his personality reminded me of Degeneration. As for the antagonists of the story, I'm disappointed. IMO Carla should've been the only villain for RE6. I thought she was more "Wesker-like" than Simmons and it seemed like she had a purpose in the game. On the other hand, Simmons felt like a "shoe-in" character, and there were times where I questioned the type of person he was.

For instance, after he fought Leon on the train; he tried to warn Leon & Helena what would happen if he died. And when Ada called him about Carla's motives. He was shocked. Is he somewhat of a good guy?

Overall the campaigns I liked were Chris > Ada > Leon > & Jake. I didn't like Chris's ending though. And I don't think I'll ever get over it especially after watching IGN's recent interview.
Spoiler-Filled Developer Interview - Resident Evil 6 (Xbox 360) - IGN Video

It's not a terrible ending. I understand why it happened. But, I think the roles should've been reversed especially if Capcom was truly looking for the emotional aspect. Piers was a great character who I felt like got the short end of the stick here =/ . I was highly disappointed when they killed him off over someone who's story is already finished. He had a lot of potential to be a future protagonist, and I was seriously looking forward to seeing him in more titles. I mean don't get me wrong, I like Chris. But, geez.. Wesker's dead. What else is there for him to do? And I'm not the only person who feels this way. Capcom took the easy way out imo and totally pushed aside anyone that liked Piers.

....and I'm done lol! Anyone doing that RE.net challenge? I think I've killed over 1000 zombies and I'm still nowhere near the top 500. :( What kind of madness is this?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom