• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Replay Value

AwesomeTingle

Pure Awesomeness
Now that there is all sort of OoT 3DS, I decided to play OoT again. I got out the ole 64, dusted it off, plugged it in, and turned on OoT. I went in thinking it wasn't going to be as good as I remembered. Thinking that since I've played a lot more games since then, it just won't be as good. But I played through it, and Heck, it was a lot better than I remember! There was no wonder it is considered the best game ever! I left OoT very impressed, much more impressed than when I first played it. OF course, I was like 9 when I played it for the First time. Maybe just because I am now older, I recognize all that OoT is and represents now. idk.Was your replay of OoT as good, better or worse than your first?

Better for me, but it was on the Gamecube the bonus disc that came with WW. So the controller was better then the N64 one. Enjoyed it just as much as WW at that point.

Chilfo Freeze

Emma Jean Stone
Playing OoT a second time, and even a third time is always more nostalgic and definitely better than the last for me. I always find new things every time I play. I never liked to beat OoT 100% for that reason alone; the next time you play, you know whats coming up and you can explore much more from your initial knowledge of the game. OoT was always fascinating to me when I was little, because I always watched my dad and brother play the game. I was envious at the time, because I was an amateur at video games to say the least. I didn't know the difference between a sword and a shield for goodness sake. >.<
Anyways, OoT is legendary, as said many times before. I think every time I play this game, it will be better than the last. ^^

Playing OoT a second time, and even a third time is always more nostalgic and definitely better than the last for me. I always find new things every time I play. I never liked to beat OoT 100% for that reason alone; the next time you play, you know whats coming up and you can explore much more from your initial knowledge of the game. OoT was always fascinating to me when I was little, because I always watched my dad and brother play the game. I was envious at the time, because I was an amateur at video games to say the least. I didn't know the difference between a sword and a shield for goodness sake. >.<
Anyways, OoT is legendary, as said many times before. I think every time I play this game, it will be better than the last. ^^

wow! that relly is a different perspective from the 100% completion! it's true, is good that everytime you play it again your experience is different yet as amazing or better as the last time

first time I played OoT I was between 5-7 years old, so yeah it was definitely better than the last time :P

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I still find it fun and I've replayed it so many times I'm practically a living walkthrough of OoT.

My best replay is when I did my very 1st 3 Heart Run with my Insane Limitations.

It gets better every time i play it.
Each time i play it, i think to myself what a fantastic game.
It never loses its magic.
Remember this game is 13 years old and i remember seeing the adverts on t.v for it.
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I feel as you get older you appreciate this game more and just how special it still is.
------------------------------------------------------------------
As you get older you think just how much passion and care went into this game.
---------------------------------------------------
It took just over 3 yrs to make.
-------------------------------------------------
Was it worth the wait,it sure was for me.
And im sure it was for many others.
-----------------------------------------------
Check this clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge8zd1ZR-hc

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Ocarina of Time is a great game to go back and replay, but it's one you can't do too much, or it can (sadly and somehow) get somewhat old. Now, Majora's Mask...that game never gets old. That would possibly be my "desert island" game.

Don't get me wrong, Ocarina of Time is a wonderful game, and easily the greatest of the Zelda games (possibly of all time), but it's just...hm... I don't know how to describe it, but I hope you can see what I'm saying.

Ocarina of Time was the best game I ever played: on the first run through. Don't get me wrong, I still get the nostalgic feeling every time I boot up my Wii and see my VC version of it on the home menu, but that's what it is; nostalgia for the first time I ever played it. It's never been quite the same when I've replayed it. I still do have fun with it, but I think I need to take a long break from it before it'll be back to its full awesomeness.
Then again, I'll be really stoked if OoT 3D has even just a tiny bit of totally new content, other than vastly improved graphics and different control setups and all that other stuff we've already heard about. Like, if it has some new dungeon or something - not that I'm expecting anything that big, but you get the idea.

OcarinalinkLOZ

Your Link to the Past
Hyrule in the winter, Canada in the summer
Ocarina of Time is definatly my favourite video game of all time. I've played through it at least 15 times, and I'm currently working on a 3 heart challenge. I have also completed the game 100% on my 5th run through...and contrary to many people's opinions about it...I still find it amusing to play. Now, I do admit I have to wait a few months or so before the feeling of popping the game back in a going for another run come backs around. By this time, even if you have beaten it 100%, you can forget things and be surprised in many ways. I also find it better to avoid using a walkthrough if I forget something as it adds to the fun. I have other reasons to play the game as well. I'm going to do my own video walkthrough because I want to help people out and have a fun time doing it. Also, the amount of theory work and possibilities available through playing through the game and finding out its secrets or contraversial parts gives me another reason to play it. The game has an extremely high replay value for me and with the re-release of OoT on the 3DS I'm sure I can only increase my love for one of the best games out there.

This past weekend I finished up my 7th or 8th playthrough, and I still have plenty fun with it. Even though I've practically memorized everything, I still double take when running through the Lost Woods, and I'm never completely certain what my next move should be when solving the Water Temple. I don't know what it is man, but that game has a spell on me

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I first played Ocarina of Time when I was 6 or 7...I could never get through the Deku Tree bc I didnt know ow to blow with my shield :) LOL the first time I played it was via an emulator on my computer back in 2007...I beat it and it was a great game I thought but it wasnt until my third playthrough that i realized how much of an amazing game it was...When i play any other Zelda game it just feels nostalgic bc I always try to related it back to OoT. Im on my third playthrough right now on my cousin's N64 that he let me have and which I initially first played it on....I knew that that n64 and I were destined to be together some day as I never got one in my childhood....Besides that this fourth playthrough is just epic and I love OoT. Its my fav game ever! Btw I've beaten OoT once on my computer, Twice on my Wii via Virtual Console, and finally on my N64! i have to say, playing it on the N64 is just a totally different experience I dont know why but its just more fun :)

korp

bagels
ive played oot countless times and i still do whenever i miss it. the first time i actually finished the game was incredible, but i still like the feeling of playing it for the second or third time. its just more nostalgic like "oh this feels just like the time i did ___ with __" becuase i used to never play it by myself. me and my friends would take turns playing it on the ole' 64. :yes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom