• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recurring Characters

Do You Like Recurring Characters?

• Sure. I'd love for my favorite characters to make a comeback. (:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! It messes up the timeline! 0:<

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Skywaker

Cheese & bacon potato
I know for a fact that Skull Kid is a recurring character, taking that he appears in both OoT and MM.

And I like to see recurring characters, they make me think "Hey look, I remember this!"

PokaLink

Pokalink the avaricious
Link Junior, ya' know Darunia's son whom was named after the hero of time, of course ive always wanted to see something between OoT and WW or sometime after MM or maybe he fights in the Sealing War.

Do You Like Recurring Characters?

I once asked if you guys wanted Malon or Linebeck to come back. Some said yes, most said recurring characters were stupid because they don't make any sence in the timeline. Okay, Malon was in Minish Cap and Ocarina of Time, but I'm pretty sure nobody thought that they were the same Malon or thought that they were even related. She's just some character that they brought back because she's popular. They even brought Linebeck back in Spirit Tracks because of how popular he was in Phantom Hourglass, and they might even bring Groose back because of how popular he is. Now, there's one recurring character I know nobody has a problem with. Epona. How the heck is she in Twilight Princess? "Oh! OoT Link married OoT Malon and that's why he has Epona in TP and that's why he's a farmer in this game." No, OoT Link didn't marry anyone, he died alone in the Lost Woods. Epona in TP is a recurring character that makes no sence, but nobody cares, so why care about other recurring characters?
"Make new characters, but keep the old. One's silver, the other's gold." XD I'd love to see more recurring characters. Nobody's going to complain about them because we all love these characters, the only recurring character I ever complained about was freakin' Beedle in Skyward Sword. I hated that sad pathetic freak in Wind Waker...

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Now, there's one recurring character I know nobody has a problem with. Epona. How the heck is she in Twilight Princess? "Oh! OoT Link married OoT Malon and that's why he has Epona in TP and that's why he's a farmer in this game." No, OoT Link didn't marry anyone, he died alone in the Lost Woods. Epona in TP is a recurring character that makes no sence, but nobody cares, so why care about other recurring characters?
First I want to say I have no problem with reoccurring characters in the Zelda series. As long as they make sense in the timeline it's all good with me!

As for what I selected in your post, Epona makes perfect sense in Twilight Princess. TP comes after MM, which Epona was featured in. Not only that, but Epona was completely necessary in TP. Link was a low class Ordonian with the occupation of herding rams(?). Epona was like a Sheepdog chasing sheep on a farm. Also it's not OoT Link who possibly died in the Lost Woods, that's MM Link. :lol: So if TP Link is an incarnation of MM Link, then why can't TP Epona be an incarnation of MM Epona?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
linebeck didn't return in spirit tracks,that was his grandson linebeck the 3rd
spirit tracks is the only zelda game that made any sort of logic w/ bringing back the 'same character' and giving their relation w/ the the previous:
zelda's the granddaughter of tetra,alfonzo is some decendant of gonzo,linebeck & linebeck 3,niko and his old *** self

spirit tracks made a great difference to the same character system as opposed to something like ocarina malon and minish malon,or skyward impa and ocarina impa :dry:
i like spirits tracks character system better.......BECAUSE IT MAKES MORE SENSE!!!

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
The 3 oracles. Not so much that I connected with them but I feel that there is a world of possibilities involving the 3 oracles or even the 3 goddesses that hasnt been explored yet.

Also I really miss WW Link's Grandma and her awesome soup :(

And Skull Kid. NOT with Majora's Mask I just love the mysterious Skull Kid that I taught Saria's song to in the lost woods... hes just so mischevious and mysterious and such

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I like when Skull Kid makes appearances. And i'v also grown acustomed to seeing Tingle's ugly mug very often.

I LOVED how Niko was in ST. Niko is awesome. I also like how it had Linebeck's grandson

I'd like to see Vaati make another appearance in human and/or minish form

And I want Ganondorf back :( we've gone too long without him!

Fig

The Altruist
I would love to see Skull Kid return in a future Zelda game! He was (and still is) awesome in all of the games that he appeared in. I love to see him help Link this time as his guide or something to those lines!

S

suckme

ya this series is bad with reusing the same characters, you had da vinci, mario, duccio, and rodrigo just to name a few

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom