• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Recurring Characters

Do You Like Recurring Characters?

• Sure. I'd love for my favorite characters to make a comeback. (:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No! It messes up the timeline! 0:<

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aside from Link, Zelda, Ganon and Vaati, who else has reappeared in the series?

Let's see... Malon, her father Talon, Anju, the Deku Tree, Dampe, Beedle, Tingle... and some other characters I can't think of at the moment. They're obviously not the same characters, most likely descendants.
Sometimes, I see people wanting these characters to make some return, others are against this, albeit for reasons I don't agree with. One reason is that it would be impossible to fit them into a different part of the timeline. Tingle has appeared in 5 games, each as far apart as possible, so I think that's not a problem. Anyway, as you might guess, I would actually like them to return in some form. Part of the reason being I think they could be used to greater extent than how they've been so far.

Does anyone else but me like to see these characters utilized again in the future?

The postman in TP was perhaps an older version of the one we saw in OoT.

I like to see them come back, its a lot of fun and keeps the series mythology and heritage alive, sometimes its just fan service but any returning characters are always welcome as long as they have a purpose for doing so. =]

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
I'm fine with some characters reappearing, but not Tingle. No. Never. End of story.

I would like to see Vaati appear again as well, but in his human form this time. Not a giant eye with wings.

Characters You Miss

This is kind of inspired by the 'recurring characters thread' from earlier, it got me thinking about characters who haven't come back, ones that i'd like to or at least a new incarnation of them.

For me my most missed character would be Malon. I loved Malon and the whole Lon Lon Ranch story in OoT really struck a chord with me, i'd love to live on that ranch and i still cling to the idea that Link did at some point which makes me happy. Twilight Princess is full of Malon from the hazy possibilities to the haunting and ethereal music that plays at night in Hyrule field which can't help but make me think of her. She was a lovely character and really under appreciated, she is such a staple but doesn't get any recognition for it. Some people say Ilia filled a little Malon void but no, I also hate Ilia so...

Anyway, I'd like to see a very Malon-esque character make a return, another hard working horse soothing ranch girl who is your friend and remembers you for life even though you only met her once. <3

Anyone else you guys would like to see come back who hasn't recurred in a while? and who do you miss the most?

Last edited:

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Oh I 100% agree with you about Malon. Another character I would LOVE to see return is Saria. She is one of my most fav characters ever. When I see her I smile. She is so cute and pure. She should return even if it is in a memory.
Chad is a character I would love to see making an appearance again at some point. Especially his Occa quest.
And of course...two characters I would hope ever to see again are Quill and Medli. I love Medli as much as I love Saria. And Quill was my fav WW character. it would be so much fun to see them again at some point.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I miss my dearest, Saria. Her beautiful green hair, her solemn eyes, and the love she held for Link me. Honestly, despite her not being all too important to the OoT story (she was a sage, sure), I've just had a certain affinity that she also contains. I resonate with her, and I want her to return in a future installment. Not in some sage-y form, but in, maybe, a Hylian form of some sorts.

I also want to see Link's family. He needs a mother to be there for him, sort of like that one lady (Rusl's wife), that poor soul.

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
Malon should definitely make a return. Majora should make a return because candles. I also don't mind Midna returning, but I don't want another game based solely around her. I think Tingle should also return, but not in the near future.

Rare Addict

Site Staff
Aside from my obvious answer -- Midna -- I would love to see the return of Groose. I probably shouldn't expect to see him again anytime soon, considering that Skyward Sword is the latest entry in the series, but it totally has to happen. Someday.

Aside from my obvious answer -- Midna -- I would love to see the return of Groose. I probably shouldn't expect to see him again anytime soon, considering that Skyward Sword is latest entry in the series, but it totally has to happen. Someday.

Never say never for Groose, maybe he'll usurp Tingle and host some minigame spin offs =]

I can see Groose's magical groosenator resort on the horizon =]

Heroine of Time

Rest in peace, Paris Caper...
Impa. Add Impa.

And I'm not sure Anju counts – first off, she was never named Anju in OoT, and if you added her, you'd have to add almost every character IN Majora's Mask and OoT... XD

Anyway, yeah, I like recurring characters. At least, I don't mind them.

I liked the Happy Mask Salesman when they fleshed him out in MM. I always liked the really odd characters in the series-except Tingle. He pretty much robbed me in WW......

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I've been missing Malon. I mean, I was hoping to see an incarnation of her at the Lumpy Pumpkin and got Kina instead - not that Kina's a bad character, I just miss Malon. She would have made an excellent Loftwing-rancher, don't you think? She's reincarnated in one of my fanfictions that's a "future Hyrule" as Link's cousin. I was happy to see her while playing Minish Cap.

I am one of the legion who Wants Midna Back.

I hope Groose makes a reincarnation... I also hope to see Fi again - now that the spirit of the Master Sword had a form and character, I'd like her to appear in some way again, even if it's just as a brief, misty spiritual vision.

I miss Link's Grandma (from Wind Waker). I think Link should have a cute grandmother again.

And, of course, Error from AoL and Old Man! and Old Woman! from LoZ. Yes, I want to see them again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom