• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate The Last TV Series That You Watched

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Lucifer 9/10. Tom Ellis is perfect as Lucifer. The show is funny and the third season just started. And it looks like we're getting a very interesting storyline with the sinnerman.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Orville

aka Seth McFarlane does Star Trek
better than STD :rolleyes:

Ever see Galaxy Quest? No? Then why the @#$% aren't you watching it?? Otherwise, it's like that only it actually takes its scifi and characters and lore as seriously as trek does while still being something of a parody.

This weeks episode was particularly freaky. Even though it's played for laughs, the implications of the scenario hit a bit too close to home for this day and age.

The episode had the crew beaming down to locate a lost anthropology team which had assimilated itself into the culture of a modern earth-like planet society that wasn't yet aware of extraterrestrial life (i.e. earth c. 2017). The society was a pure democracy, where at age 18 every citizen is given a badge with two buttons. A green arrow indicating up and a red arrow indicating down with a digital numerical counter for each one. See where this is going? Every citizen can "up vote" and "down vote" anyone for whatever reason, and any citizen who gets close to a million down votes faces public scrutiny via an ever present live stream chat and has to go on a public televised apology tour. If the people aren't pleased by the person's apology and their down votes surpass 1mill, they go in to be "corrected" - which is to say, their brain is fried and they are irreversibly lobotomized.

Wasn't sure if I was watching scifi, comedy or horror.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Stranger Things - Series Two
It's was very good, I liked it. Steve is still best boy, Nancy is still a cute, Hopper is still a top lad, and Dustin is still a lovable dork. Winona Ryder gets to do more than cry this series, which is nice.

8/10

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
For some reason I've been watching Th Secret Life of The American Teacher and it's pretty... ok? I give it like 6/10 It's not awful but it's not good either.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Stranger Things Season 2 8/10

Pretty solid, but definitely not as interesting as season one. It was very apparent that the writers originally intended for this to be a limited series and were backpedaling to explain things or just didn't make sense.
How the hell is Matthew Modine's character alive?? That literally makes no sense.
Still entertaining regardless though. Steve's hair keeps getting bigger so I'm excited to see how large it is next season.

Kirino

Tatakae
American Horror Story: Cult

I have mixed feelings about it. Although I really enjoyed the beginning, it seemed to veer off the rails somewhat towards the end, pushing plot twists that didn't entirely make sense and giving more attention to certain aspects than I thought deserved. It was still very entertaining and genuinely creepy, and I ended up enjoying the political aspect, as forced as it seemed at times. Still definitely one of my favorite seasons so far, despite my reservations about the ending.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
The Punisher, Netflix 10/10

Holy Bloody Violence, Psycho Batman, What in the Churning Pools of Arterial Spray did I just see???

Just when I thought Netflix no longer had it in em to make good on the marvel properties, this show comes along and blows my freaking mind like a shotgun slug to the frontal lobe. I have been zip tied to my recliner and violently interrogated by this show for the last 48 hours. The story is excellent, the acting is superb, the suspense is riveting, the themes and subtext are heavier than a 60 round belt fed LMG with attached grenade launcher, and the action - let me tell you about the action... just as soon as I finish wiping my bloody brain matter off the living room wall.

If you're looking for The Punisher, the Punisher's found you. The season hits the ground running and barrels at full charge right up to its bloody and oh-so-violently satisfying conclusion.

Not rating this as such but i'm about to start the journey so I will be soon.

I've never seen X-Files before but i recently got seasons 1-9 and two movies in a set that run approx 9000 minutes...

Thats a long time. Hope i enjoy it. I've always wanted to see it.

X-Files season 1

Good stuff, enjoyable. Like every tv show there are episodes that add absolutely nothing worth mentioning but the episodes are still fun regardless.

Have to say though, how useless are Mulder and Scully? Seriously they solve frak all.

I get that its supposed to be left ambiguous each time but one episode Mulder finished actually knowing less than what he started with, not very progressive at all on his search for the truth.

There were a few episodes I'll remember fondly though. Hopefully we only get better from here when the show hits its stride.

7/10

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Peaky Blinders - Netflix 8.5/10

Whew. Netflix does their nitty gritty crime dramas well. Peaky Blinders is a peerless glimpse into the turn of the century mess that the post war industrial revolution was. Set in London and Birmingham England in the 1920s, Peaky Blinders chronicles the efforts of a rag tag Birmingham gang lead by criminal mastermind and Great War hero Tommy Shelby, played by Cillian Murphy, to make it in the heartlessly oppressive lower class society of rampant poverty, forced labor, alcoholism and prostitution against rival gangs, constant betrayal, scheming, bloody violence, corruption, and the police. My man Sam Neil plays a horrifically corrupt clandestine agent of the crown serving under one Winston Churchill to clean up the streets of Birmingham and counter the activities of IRA insurgents. Oh, and Tom Hardy is in it and he brought another one of his made up unintelligible accents with him. He still thinks he's a thespian.

Tommy is a bit of a mary sue who has the benefit of the plot ass-pulling contrivances at times when it needs a convenient resolution to a dramatic conflict. Such is the hazards of portraying a cunning devious schemer - the character can only be as smart as the writers. He's a fascinating character for the most part, and seeing Cillian flex his acting chops has convinced me that he's a far better actor than I initially pegged him for. It is effortless to admire and emphasize with Tommy and his family. Sam Neil carries his weight as always. Can never go wrong when you cast Master Neil.

Peaky Blinders does a very effective job making me hate the turn of the century. From its gritty depiction of life on the streets, to the abysmal oppression, the rampant poverty and violence, hypocrisy and corruption, the show works hard to make you sympathize with the unsavory criminal elements. This is a messed up world where you want the thugs and liars to succeed because it's the only way they're gonna get a fair shake.

Ninja

Well well well
Two shows I have recently binge watched because of friend recommendations.

1. 13 Reasons Why. Holy ****. The ending was crazy, and very morbid. I can definitely see both sides of the story when it comes to suicide prevention, and the basis of suicide itself. They are making a sequel series, showing whats next for all of her friends and enemies alike. I thought the series as a whole was decent, the actors portrayed their characters fairly well, however I'm not a fan of the constant guilt tripping and Clay. 7/10.

2. Catfish. Usually, I hate reality TV shows with a passion, but I gave it go and found some episodes to be rather interesting. I've always wondered about how long distance relationships worked out, and on some of these episodes, you can really see that love truly blinds people to the obvious truth. This is MTV we are talking about. A once great TV station that sold its soul to reality TV years ago, so of course when I did some digging, a lot of this show was scripted. 5/10.

Shout outs to X Files, and Law and Order SVU.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
1. 13 Reasons Why. Holy ****. The ending was crazy, and very morbid. I can definitely see both sides of the story when it comes to suicide prevention, and the basis of suicide itself. They are making a sequel series, showing whats next for all of her friends and enemies alike. I thought the series as a whole was decent, the actors portrayed their characters fairly well, however I'm not a fan of the constant guilt tripping and Clay. 7/10.
God I loved that series so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom