• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate The Last TV Series That You Watched

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
iZombie 8/10. I like this show. It's not like TWD but it also contains zombies but in a very different way. The show has a lot of humor and when the main character (who is a zombie) eats a brain of a victim of a murder to solve a crime, things can get hilarious. Really funny and I'm glad it's renewed for a fourth season!

iZombie is one of only two shows I bother to watch on commercial television anymore. Liv Moore = cutie :'3

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
th

Euphoria

1/5 not for the faint of heart, and you feel downright dirty afterwards

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Fargo Season 2-7/10
Despite a very strong start I was actually a bit disappointed with this because I had heard it was even better than the first season. It wasn't. I didn't enjoy it nearly as much or find is as funny, the characters as likeable or the story as good. It is still a decent show, don't get me wrong, but that first season was always going to be difficult to beat.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Shadowhunters 6/10. The story isn't that bad at all but it's the acting that's really making me cringe. Some actors perform a lot better compared to the first season, but the main actress doesn't seem to get into it.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Dark Matter 9/10

So when I say it's unlikely that there will ever be a tv show better than Person of Interest, Dark Matter is doing a pretty good job countering that statement. The first two seasons are among the most gripping seasons I've ever watched, easily rivaling Daredevil and Iron Fist S1 and House of Cards S1&2 for sheer excitement. Gonna re-watch while I eagerly anticipate the third season on Netflix.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Wynonna Earp 9/10. This show is so much fun. The main actress is not only kickass but she is funny. The acting is great. The show is a combination of Wild Western vs Walking Dead (replace the zombies with demons). But I never could enjoy TWD but this show is really worth all my time :D

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
@Vanessa28 I only got so far into Wynonna Earp until I couldn't take her constant cringe snark anymore. It's a neat premise but it didn't have much going for me.

The Ranch - Netflix 8/10

What happens when you put half the cast of That 70s Show on a family ranch and throw in the Legendary Sam Eliot for good measure? Drama and hijinx that's what. This show is genuinely funny and exceptionally well acted. Seriously I always took Ashton Kutcher as a no talent pretty boy. Turns out with good writing he's actually really funny. And the show is a solid love letter to the demographic it portrays. Too easily could this series just made a mockery of them but it takes its subject matter very seriously.

It ain't easy balancing drama and humor together in each scene but the writers nail it. The characters are all very interesting and the drama is very engaging.

This is the sort of show that just wouldn't have a snowballs chance of running on any of the major networks, much less written and acted well. So way to go Netflix.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Marvel's Discount Netflix Avengers aka The Defenders 3/10

Yeah it's not "bad" it's just remarkably uninteresting. The show spends the first few episodes with each character doing their own thing and ultimately getting them all together. There's of course the obligatory "I'm not doing this!!" scene where the characters all say "I'm not doing this!!" but of course we all know they're gonna end up doing this anyway so it's all just wasted time.

Speaking of wasted time, every episode of this show is padded like nobody's business. Any time any of the side characters started talking I put the fast forward into motion. The plot is remarkably straight forward. There's very little drama or chemistry between any of the characters.

Structurally the entire show is remarkably similar to the three act marvel movie plot formula that's been done to death already, just broken up into a series of 40min episodes. This not only makes it straightforward but predictable.

In the end all that's left are a bunch of crappily edited fight scenes in the dark so you can't see anything or know wtf is going on. Throw in some major plot contrivances and an utterly basic climax with a predictable ending and you've got yourself the makings of a thoroughly subpar show that is mercifully brief.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Dark Matter 9/10

So when I say it's unlikely that there will ever be a tv show better than Person of Interest, Dark Matter is doing a pretty good job countering that statement. The first two seasons are among the most gripping seasons I've ever watched, easily rivaling Daredevil and Iron Fist S1 and House of Cards S1&2 for sheer excitement. Gonna re-watch while I eagerly anticipate the third season on Netflix.
I bing watched the first season of Dark Matter and am almost done with the second season. I like the show. I like the Android the most. Too bad the show got cancelled :(

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Death Note 8/10

I'm not usually into anime. I'll admit interest but most of it just has too much standard animu nonsense going on for my liking. Death Note I can get into. This show has been endlessly fascinating so far. Each episode is like this microcosm of interesting stuff going on, like a sitcom but with intrigue instead of humor. It's clever, it's intricate, it's terrifying, it keeps being fresh, and it's internally consistent. The show is careful to set up rules and it hasn't violated any of them yet or pulled anything out of its arse to justify anything. In fact it cleverly writes its conflicts within the terms of the rules to create a game of sorts for the characters to play in and you never expect how it will turn out.

I find the two main characters really interesting. The entire premise is unique and engaging. I dunno how long the show can maintain its momentum but I'm certainly interested in how it plays out.

Mint Elv

Fish!
I think it was TWD which I give 10/10. It may start off having issues, but it gets better each season and makes you more and more invested. That's top notch to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom