• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
9/10

This may be Marvel Studio's strongest film in their Marvel Cinematic Universe. While it isn't as big or fun as The Avengers, what it does have is probably the most focused and fast-paced storylines in the series. The cast is superb, each main actor absolutely nailing their parts. There is a scene in the movie, where Steve Rogers meets an old friend of his (actually there are a few of those scenes, but I'm talking about a certain one) and they have conversation. In the middle of this conversation this old friend does something that surprised me and brought me to tears. In one of the most daring scenes in any comic book movie a character is shown to have Alzheimer's.

The action scenes were also pretty decent in the film, although sometimes the cinematography had a hard time keeping up. There are plenty of references throughout for those comic's enthusiasts out there. The most important thing about this movie is it was able to stay focused on the character from it's title: Captain America. This was most definitely Steve Roger's movie, something I was scared wasn't going to happen when I first heard what characters were going to be in it.

Overall: it was a movie that dared to do things differently with a cast that nearly matches up to that of The Avengers while having a focused storyline that cared about it and respected it's main character, eve if there were a few flaws here and there.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
IDONTREALLYMEANITI hate everyone that says Captain America: The Winter Soldier because I yet to see that movie...*cries in the corner*

Rest In Peace Deparment

I love Ryan Reynolds*not because he has my last name*

10/10

Disney's Frozen, 9/10.

I really liked this movie, though the resolution for the endless winter seemed a little too easy. But whetev, it was still great.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Two movies I've watched recently and both were horrors.

Insidious
I'm glad I didn't go to see this movie a couple of years ago because I predicted it would be bad and I was right. It was essentially the same old paranormal horror film that we've seen a million times. The story felt familiar, the scares were predictable, and the movie dragged. It had good pacing until about half way through were it just dragged and dragged. The latter parts of the film took away from the mystery like a lot of horrors fall into the trap of, so it essentially took what little scare factor it had (and that was little to begin with).

I didn't really expect a lot with this film anyway, but still a cliché modern horror. 4/10

V/H/S 2
I've been meaning to watch these films for the sheer shock factor that they supposedly have, so when I saw this on Sky Movies I had to watch it. I guess I was going into the film with high hopes, I've heard this series is "messed up", "disturbing" etc. Usually it's these sort of films (more so indie low budget horror flicks) that are actually better than the majority of mainstream films.

Did it live up to the hype though? Well sort of and sort of not. The film is basically an anthology of found footage films (two teens investigate a strange house and find a bunch of old video tapes hence the term V/H/S). So the film is basically 4 short stories, this is actually one of the films strong point as it keeps a sense of freshness and pacing never becomes a problem. However it also leads to the fact that some of the tapes are better than others. The first tape for example was great; you saw through the vision of a man's eye (as he had an eye transplant). When he blinked you experienced that through the camera, which was a nice touch. This immersed me into the tape and it gave some great scares as the side effect of the eye transplant as that the man could see the deceased. On the low point though, and the second tape was a cliché zombie scene (I'm seriously sick of this obsession with Zombies and horror; it's old now). Anyway this was very boring and not in the slightest bit scary. The latter tapes were pretty average I guess, not exactly scary but just more so really odd and whacky - they played more so on shock factor.

Maybe I'll have to watch the first, but this film didn't really overly impress me. I good indicator of how good a horror film is when you go to bed after. The fact that I slept with ease just showed that this film wasn't all that scary nor did it affect me. 7/10

The House of the Devil

A slow-burn horror movie that starts out intriguing and then becomes a bunch of unoriginal, uninspired garbage by the end. The only thing likeable throughout is the performance by Tom Noonan.

4/10

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Ender's Game. 4/10

A dull movie with a stretched plot, and with very questionable morals. Admittingly, it did have nice effects.
Now, some people may say it has an original plot, but if I want to watch a drama with Teen geniuses and space, then I'll just stick with my Gundam. Thanks.

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Captain America: The Winter Soldier! 9.9/10!!!!
I feel American!!! That movie was awesome!!
USA! USA! USA!!!!
Awesome Moral. The Cap' is soooooo American! He'll let nothing pass as long as it's honest! He's great! WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Shrek: 10/10

I'm not being sarcastic at all when I say that this amazing pile of gold is a timeless classic. It is borderline perfect. The comedy, romance, epicness, and storytelling is so well balanced it's just amazing. The voice acting is really natural, and the characters are memorable. Shrek is truly the greatest movie of our time.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Captain America: Winter Soldier 10/10. It is a fantastic movie. Very anti-American too which I was pleasantly surprised by. Really sticks it to modern American corporatism and government. Action was INTENSE and the story is just so epic. It's basically my favorite Marvel movie behind Avengers (this movie is really just a mini-Avengers movie).

LilyPadGeek

Some Weird Person
Captain America: Winter Soldier 10/10. It is a fantastic movie. Very anti-American too which I was pleasantly surprised by. Really sticks it to modern American corporatism and government. Action was INTENSE and the story is just so epic. It's basically my favorite Marvel movie behind Avengers (this movie is really just a mini-Avengers movie).

Also saw Winter Soldier. I saw it in 3D and it just added to the experience so much. 10/10 as well.

Ferris Bueller's Day Off 10/10 Really great movie. Used to watch it when I was little. Today was the first time I watched it in four years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom