• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Fig

The Altruist
I just saw Godzilla earlier this weekend and boy do I have a lot to say about the film. First of all, I would like to say that the beginning of the movie is a bit slow but it does provide build-up to the characters and allows for the rest of the movie to use the beginning to further advance the plot. There are two MUTOs that have awakened who are trying to reproduce and create more MUTOs they are causing havoc across the world trying to seek each other out and reproduce their own species. While Godzilla does indeed appear later on in the movie rather than immediately, I think it is well worth the wait and also ties into the human characters' plot and roles within the story. Destruction and action between the MUTOs and Godzilla is very promising and the reaction of the humans and how they try to handle the situation is amazing! I really enjoyed the latest installment of the Godzilla movies and if my father was still alive, I'm very certain he would have enjoyed this movie with his whole life! Godzilla receives a 10/10!

Big Octo

=^)
Godzilla- 7.5/10

Not bad by any stretch. The start is a bit slow, but it is very promising and builds tension. I enjoyed Bryan Cranston's character... all five minutes of him. I was a bit bummed to see him die so early in the film. Aaron Taylor-Johnson's character was solid for the most part, but there were a few times where he could have showed a bit more emotion than what we got. The MUTOs were a very interesting villain, even if they followed the "feeds of radiation' cliche. Though, most of the film was focused on them rather than Godzilla. I'm being honest when I say that they probably had double the screen time than the titular character. Speaking of Godzilla, he actually was pretty great for the moments he was in. His entrance wasn't really that exciting, but he definitely made up for it later on. The final battle in San Francisco was amazing, with both the action and the tension among the human characters. I particularly loved the fatality dealt to the second MUTO. It literally had the theater I was in clapping. So, overall, an enjoyable experience. A bit of a sluggish start with the humans, but the tension and actions builds to a desirable point that makes the movie worth seeing.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Godzilla

So, to avoid saying the same things that have already been said I'm gonna start off by saying that I believe that Mellow Ezlo's review is pretty spot-on with my thoughts of the movie. Although I have to stress the underuse of the wonderful supporting cast, it would have made this movie so much better if it was centered around them. But the final part of the movie made it worth the money spent on the ticket.

7/10

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
Godzilla, 8.5/10
I don't have much too say, other than that it was a good movie and that it was Atomictastic.(Bad pun)
The only acting it can really say was bad, was Bryan Cranston's. While it wasn't bad, he screamed a lot. I mean, Owch, that screaming is loud.
So...... 2 Thumbs up!

Garo

Boy Wonder
X-Men: Days of Future Past

This movie so utterly embodies the storytelling style of its source medium. It is a comic book movie through and through, feeling like a giant crossover event (because it is), affecting radical changes to established continuity, and laying the groundwork for events to follow. It explores new nuance in old characters. It juggles an impressively large and talented cast, giving everybody a moment in the sun. It vacillates from spirited humor to deep, campy pathos. It features breathtaking action setpieces that are master classes in tension and release.

It is, quite plainly, the perfect summer movie. It does exactly what it wants to do, and it does it with style and efficiency.

A

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
As someone who's been disappointed with past entries in this series, in terms of translating the material onto film, I can honestly say that Days of Future Past satisfied me as an X-Men fan. In a world of social media and TMI trailers, DOFP managed to hide certain details from the public until the film's release which was a refreshing movie watching experience for me as I was legitimately surprised on more than one occasion.

The action sequences were both spectacular and visually appealing and the plot developing slower character segments were always interesting without ever feeling like a waste of time. The movie never had to focus on action to capture my attention because the chemistry between characters was great. Overall, it was an engaging experience from start to finish, playing all the right cards in all the right moments and delivered a satisfying end/new beginning for the series. Its post credits scene is also the best since Nick Fury asked Tony Stark to join The Avengers in the first Iron Man.

Speaking of The Avengers, I'd never thought I'd ever be saying this about an X-Men movie, but I actually enjoyed Days of Future Past more. Simply put, X-Men: Days of Future Past is The Dark Knight of X-Men movies.

10/10

Definitely the best movie of the year so far and a new personal favorite.

Last edited:
Happily Ever After.

This is an...........interesting unofficial sequel to Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs. It's not a terrible movie honestly. It's more of a So Bad, It's Good type of movie due to the limited animation and whatnot. Reason I say this isn't a terrible movie is because it did have some decent parts like the end credit song & it's the only adaptation I can think of that Snow White is an action girl instead of a helpless one, for example. It's a mediocre movie at best. Also, Prince Adam a.k.a. He-Man stars in this movie apparently (I'm not joking about this. He is indeed in this movie for some odd reason.).

4/10.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard

I don't have much to say about it, since it was extremely different from what I was expecting. I can't find the right words to describe it besides saying that it was a great film that exceeded my expectations.

9.5/10

Shaun of the Dead

To be honest, I never watched this movie until last week. I had absolutely no idea what to expect from it, either. I loved it. This movie had great jokes along with great comedic timing, in my opinion. My favorite scene was definitely the one with Don't Stop Me Now by Queen while they beat the zombie with pool cues.

8.5/10

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Godzilla, if I haven't rated it yet: 9 (It was good, but could have been better, like giving more time to Godzilla on the screen)

And not in theater: I watched Dredd again. 10 (I love that movie)

I just had a short Godzilla marathon with a few friends, so I have a few movies to rate.

Gojira (1954)

Honestly, it's a very good movie. It does a great job at capturing the kind of fear that people would have if a giant monster was destroying their city, even with the limitations of 1954 movie effects. 9.5/10

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah

Even though the story was pretty far-fetched in realism, it was good enough to be considered one of my favorite Godzilla movies. The fight scenes in this one were top-notch, and I could probably watch it again at least 2 more times before I get tired of it. 8/10

Godzilla vs The Smog Monster

This one was just strange. Not bad, but not great either. Just strange. This movie seems to be confused on what it was going for. There are childish parts, there are freaky parts where a man hallucinates fish heads on people, and sometimes, the music just wasn't fitting at all. There was also this weird part where a kid on a roller coaster sees a solid black silhouette of Godzilla in broad daylight. 7/10

King Kong vs Godzilla

I don't have much to say about this one. It's pretty much what you'd expect: King Kong and Godzilla fighting. It was great. 7.5/10.

Godzilla vs Space Godzilla

This one is probably my third favorite, honestly. Even if Space Godzilla looked a little dumb with those giant shoulder crystals, the fights, along with the adorable baby Godzilla, made this movie fantastic. 8.5/10

Godzilla vs Destoroyah

This one is my favorite out of the ones that I've seen. The human parts weren't boring, the fights were awesome, and the constant fear of Godzilla having a nuclear heart attack throughout the whole movie was just cool. Godzilla Jr. and his role were also pretty good. Destoroyah is probably one of the most badass monsters that the big G has ever gone against, and he makes this movie for me. 9.5/10

Godzilla's Revenge

Don't watch this movie. Don't even consider watching this movie unless you want to put yourself through the longest hour of your life. This one's about a kid who gets bullied and kidnapped. To escape from reality, he dreams that he's on Monster Island, where he befriends Minya (AKA Godzilla's stupid ugly son). His dreams apparently parallel with his real life actions, as you can see when Minya defeats his enemy with his atomic blast, the kid shoots the kidnapper with a fire extinguisher. Another thing that's wrong about this movie is that MINYA TALKS. 0.5/10

Last edited:

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
the fault in our stars

TOO SAD TO RATE/10

you don't understand

i started tearing up pretty early, and then when it got to the one part, i freaking lost it

when i got out of the theater, i practically fell in my friends arms sobbing like a maniac

ugh it was awful

I AM WARNING YOU NOW

IF YOU GO TO SEE THE MOVIE WITHOUT READING THE BOOK

YOU ARE DOOMED

The Black Cauldron-I've always wanted to see this because this is the movie that almost destroyed the Disney Animated Canon back when it came out in theaters. I really didn't think it was that bad, but it's certainly not a perfect movie either. If you guys think that the Hunchback of Notre Dame was Disney's darkest animated movie, then you obviously haven't seen this one. Honestly, I do see why Disney wanted to pretend this film never existed, but again, it's not an awful movie. It's far from being one. It's a good movie, but not the best. 7/10.

Bartok the Magnificent-Okay movie, but Anastasia's better. 6/10.

Flight of the Navigator-Great movie from my childhood. It's nice seeing it again after last watching it on Youtube years ago. 8/10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom