• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Mamma Mia 4/10

Honestly, just listen to an ABBA soundtrack. That's practically the whole movie. The three dad's plot never really matters, characters do not interact. It's just ABBA song after ABBA song, and very few actually make sense within the movie.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald 7/10

I have been looking forward to this film for a long time. My expectations were high and I think higher than sensible. This was a decent film however it was clearly there to set the pieces in motion for later films and therefore not a great deal happens. There are a lot of references to Harry Potter and the film both answers questions and makes us ask more.

I find because there are so many main characters in the film that we often jump all over the place in terms of who we are watching and it does affect the pacing somewhat and I think it could have been done better. It also means new characters are introduced that get not enough screen time for us to get to know or like them before they are out of it again.

I must say this is Johnny Depp's best performance and role in a long time. Often when I watch a Johnny Depp movie it's hard to not think of the actor instead of the character but I did buy Grindelwald as a character which is really important seeing as he is so major to the franchise. I think he looks a lot better in this installment than he did in the first movie, they changed the eye colour and he has a more gaunt appearance.

The soundtrack I think could have been better. There are the familiar Harry potter themes and Fantastic Beasts themes but I think they are underutilized and any new music is not great.

Visual effects are great and there are some new creatures to love but my favourites is still the niffler or rather nifflers in this one as there are now some adorable baby ones!

Really can't wait for the next film now to find out the answers to the questions this one created and to learn what happens next.

Reactions: Pen
I saw Nutcracker and the Four Realms with a friend.

I knew it was gonna suck and it did suck but it sucked evern for the audience it was targeting.

Keira Knightly's direction in this film was awful.

Kind of one of those films where someone should have stopped half way through and asked if any of what they were doing is a good idea.

The ballet for Nutcracker proper is great (love some dancing) the film makes a mockery of the name.

Last edited:
First Man (second viewing). Just brilliant. What a story. Great sound effects throughout the film, some of Claire Foy's lines practically made me burst into tears. What a ride. 9/10

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Elf - 1/10

I hate this film despite it having the lovely Zooey D and being directed by Jon Favreau. I hate it so much, I hate Will Ferrell too.

God!

Oh Thank GOD, Finally! Another person who hates Elf. For years I've thought I was the only one.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Please tell me you like the Grinch at least?
The Grinch? Damn straight!

The horrendous abominations that have proceeded it? Hell no.

Boris Karloff is the Grinch.
Jim Carry is a mentally estranged nincompoop.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The Grinch? Damn straight!

The horrendous abominations that have proceeded it? Hell no.

Boris Karloff is the Grinch.
Jim Carry is a mentally estranged nincompoop.

Im not a fan of elf will ferrell ew!!

tenor.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom