• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

I went to watch The Equalizer 2. I enjoyed it, didn't expect it to be an amazingly done film but it is good enough, 8/10.
Denzel Washington is pretty good as usual.

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Warcraft

Er, it was fine, I guess. The guy playing Lothar seems to think acting means keep your eyes wide open at all times so you look slightly unhinged. It looks kinda weird, too. Mixing so much CG with live-action can be tricky at the best of times, but everything is so cartoony that it ends up looking cheap, like it's a high budget TV movie, not a big budget Hollywood one. I don't know, I suspect I probably won't remember too much about this by next week.

If you've got nothing to do and want to kill some time then this'll be as good as anything else, I guess.

The Predator

**** this film. **** it every which way.

It's a stupid film for stupid people with stupid people in it.

Shane Black you're better than this, though after Iron Man 3 i'm not so sure.

Don't see this film, it'll waste hours of your life you'll never get back.

I'm not even gonna rate it, it doesn't deserve it.

My Hero Academia Two Heroes

It was a very solid anime movie. Unlike most anime movies, the emotional stakes are pretty high in this one with All Might reuniting with his former side kick, David Shield. The story is an optional complement to the anime. My only major gripes with the movie are the lame main villain and abrupt ending. But the final fight has amazing animation that makes up for how generic it is.

8 out of 10 California Smashes

Cfrock

Keep it strong
Johnny English Strikes Again

I had a great time watching this tonight. Classic Rowan Atkinson. It's goofy, it's silly, it's delightful. Would recommend to any fan of Atkinson (which should be everyone).

Johnny English Strikes Again

I had a great time watching this tonight. Classic Rowan Atkinson. It's goofy, it's silly, it's delightful. Would recommend to any fan of Atkinson (which should be everyone).

Did it spoof another Bond though?

I just watched The Girl On The Train. I love Emily Blunt but this is probably the first film I haven't enjoyed despite her being in it all the time.

Just not a good story, not a well done movie and unfortunately Emily can't save it.

2/10

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Binged a lot of horror movies recently.

It (2017) 9.5/10 - Faithful to the '80s setting and implements plenty of humor to balance out the horror elements.
A Quiet Place 9/10 - Directed by none other than Jim from The Office, this film uses silence as a means of leaving viewers at the edge of their seats. It's a but ridiculous how far sound can travel, though.
The Ring 6/10 - One of the most confusing "monster" origin stories ever. I mean, how did the tape even get made?
Trick r Treat 8/10 - Captures the spirit of Halloween from the perspectives of five characters. Plenty of unexpected spooks.
Scream 6/10 - A parody of the various slashers from the '70-80s. Cringey at times, but campy and fun.
The Grudge 7.5/10 - Scary when it mattered, but the story was kinda hard to follow and the CGI was especially bad towards the end.
Crimson Peak 10/10 - Pristine in just about every department, from the cinematography to the gothic setting (although the ghosts, one of the film's main draws, were obvious fakes).

Bad Times at the El Royale

Ah finally a decent release this year...

I liked this film. Best one i've seen all year. It was a little predictable but so compelling that it pulled me and I didnt care where it was going because i was just enjoying the ride.

Good direction, writing and performances.

There's a bit of a stumble near the end but i can excuse those three minutes on the strength of the rest of the film.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
Frozen... the song ruined the fact that its a good film but the song made alotta people not wanna watch it but then if you sid watch it, it had a decent story. .

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom