• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Fant4stic Four (2015) - 8/10

Surprisingly pleasing for a film that had little payoff. But unlike the original "origin story" (more like Random Escapades with the Nerds) this one didn't need to be padded down with next to no character growth involved. On the contrary it looked back on Reed Richard's childhood ambitions (yawn) and flashed forward to the fulfillment of his dreams (better). There's a noticeable theme of teamwork throughout the film, and I thought they handled the team's relationships well alongside the action sequences. All in all, not something to write home about, but I'd be interested in seeing another chapter and a better villain.

Now if only Marvel/Fox/whoever else would just start doing after credits scenes again...

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Brokeback Mountain

I remember the controversy surrounding this film when it was first released but it's actually pretty tame by today's standards. The movie is a little on the slow side, but I didn't really mind so much with this one. The acting is pretty solid, with Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger playing the leads. Props to the person that read the short story this film is based on and managed to turn it into a 2hr film, because this film is a whole lot better than source material. Though there are quite a few clichés in it , as a whole, it was a pretty good film. A solid 7/10.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Star Wars Episode VII: The Force Awakens
7/10

It was a good movie and I definitely enjoyed it, but it was a bit too much like A New Hope. I'm ok with paying homages and borrowing ideas from previous films, but this felt like a copy/paste of the original film. It didn't feel to me like a new Star Wars movie. Still a great film with some intense action sequences and beautifully choreographed lightsaber duels.

Oh, also, Kylo Ren is nowhere near as cool as Darth Vader, so they shouldn't have tried to make him "Vader v02" like they did.

Hopefully they take a few more risks in the next 2 films, I don't wanna pay a bunch of money to watch the original trilogy again when I can do that for free from my bedroom.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Batman: Bad Blood 2/10

DC's latest animated Batman movie is an utter disappointment, attempting to recreate the Legend of Korra's cheesy one-liners and befuddling love interests and mix them with Hollywood's hackneyed action movie tropes. How the producers wanted to reproduce Korra's success by implementing its low points is beyond me, but the end result is something as un-Batman as possible.

The worst.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
The Revenant
One of the most beautifully shot movies I've seen in the last few years, the environment and tension will keep you at the edge of your seat even with its long run time.
9/10

Crimson Peak - 7/10

While I really enjoy an overly dramatic gruesome gothic story like this from time to time, I realize it's not for everyone.

Mido

Version 1
The Benchwarmers - 5/10

Feel free to laugh at me, but it is true: I've been a fan of Happy Madison for a long time, even if Sandler has been extremely inconsistent over the years, with mostly bad results. The Benchwarmers, a movie I enjoyed when I was younger, isn't the worst of the bunch, but it definitely has problems. I found a few of the characters to be likeable for the most part, but the Sandler humor we all know and love really infringes on this movie's good vibrations. Oddly enough, the story and morals conveyed are actually pretty good, but once again, the humor, with a few exceptions (i.e. Nick Swardson's antics), drags the movie down a few pegs. It is not among the worst of Happy Madison's bunch, but one with enough issues to miss out on the mantle of a good movie.

\v/(^3^)\v/ $Ching Ching Chicka Ching Ching$
john-wick-poster.jpg
John Wick
8.5/10

Overall, it was an interesting and entertaining Keanu Reeves movie. Loved it! :bestestcool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom