• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Pixels 7/10.
I heard some bad stories about this movie and especially Adam Sandler being in it. I just finished watching it and in fact I found it very entertaining. The idea is fun. Not as bad as I thought it was going to be. Film of the year? Not even by long shot, but it is a cute family movie. And Sandler was not even that bad at all. The story is a bit predictable but fun enough to sit down and watch,

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Attack on Titan (live action) 8/10. It was really cool, but there was some random emphasis on emotions and getting bow-chicka-wow-wow that didn't make a ton of sense to me.

Viral Maze

Verb the adjective noun
The Martian
9.5/10

Solid movie for geeks and regular joes. Loved the LotR reference in that one particular scene..

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
The Martian
10/10

Really one of the best "modern" space movies, that's not sci-fi, that I have ever seen. The science was incredibly realistic with just a few minor issues (the lower gravity on Mars was not quite right and the hair in zero-g scenes didn't float exactly right). The plot was very good and consistent and I was never left facepalming, like I was once every minute and a half in the film Gravity. There was a degree of realistic comedy too, like you'd see in real people in that situation. It had some gritty realism to it. The astronauts in other movies like Armageddon, Apollo 13, Deep Impact, and Gravity all sounded really fake and didn't talk like real people. These ones felt like real people. And they found a realisic way to have the guy talk and explain things while he was alone, recording video logs which would be pretty standard for a real Mars mission. And yes the LotR reference made me geek out really hard.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Godzilla 1998.
6/10.

Effects were cool but the acting was very cheesy. Some of the main characters (Victor, Audrey, the mayor) made me cringe. The plot was also very cheesy and predictable.

D

Deleted member 81859

The Fith Element

Don't let my dad pick movies for movie night.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Roger Waters: The Wall

10/10

I recommend this movie to anyone who's not only a fan of Pink Floyd, but a fan of music. The stage show is very exciting and well thought out, the performance of the songs by Roger and the other musicians on stage is very tight and close to flawless, and the entire message of the film is brilliant and touching.

InsomniacAttack

wtf did u say about me u little mcnuggit?
Since I haven't been here in a while I'll rate the last three movies I watched:

Nightcrawler: 9.5/10
Great direction, fantastic performances, especially from Jake Gyllenhaal, and a fantastic ending make this movie a great movie that is very re-watchable. I only had one complaint with this movie; I wish there were more memorable characters other than Gyllenhaal's. Also, the soundtrack was perfect.

The Hurt Locker: 8.5/10
A great a realistic look into the effects of war and PTSD as well as a great character study and thriller. Scene after scene had me on the edge of my chair biting my nails. My only complaints were that other than the three main characters, other characters had no development, and the ending was a bit abrupt.

Django Unchained: 9/10

Tarantino is my favorite director so I went into this movie that I somehow missed when it was in theaters with high hopes and I left satisfied. It had that classic Tarantino flair, some great comedy, and awesome action scenes. Foxx and Waltz were superb and DiCaprio's character was deplorable and fantastically acted. The soundtrack worked most of the time for me and my only complaint was that the movie starts a little slow but picks up quite fast. The dialogue was perfect as well.

Stitch

AKA Patrick
ZD Champion
Steve Jobs
A lot of biopics struggle to be unique, gripping, and human. They often struggle with showing who the subject was and rather focus on what the subject did. This movie puts Apple and the Macintosh in the background and instead focuses on the relationship, or lack thereof, between Steve Jobs and his daughter Lisa. Through his struggles with accepting his daughter we find a man that is willing to lie to protect his dignity and paranoid that the people around him are only out to get him. Micheal Fassbender portrays the title character well and carries almost the entire movie on his own shoulders. We get glimpses of anger, sorrow, pride, happiness, and longing in some of the best acting I've seen all year. This movie separates itself from other biopics, keeps you on the edge of your seat, and gives you a character you can empathize with, even when you disagree with him.
9/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom