• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Rate the Last Movie That You Watched

Mission Impossible: Fallout - 9.5/10
Ridiculously good. Crazier stunts than even the last titles. Awesome action, awesome acting, awesome villain, and I’m pretty sure I didn’t breathe for the last 30 minutes. The plot is kind of a similar plot to all the previous, but that’s pretty much how all those films are structured, and darn it if it doesn’t work. You expect it, and it still delivers. Say all you want about crackpot Tom, but he still has it after all these years. How on earth do these movies just keep getting better with each installment?

Fallout - 8/10
Really enjoyed it, especially how it all comes together at the end.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Speed

8.8/10

Good plot and decent execution. Almost like Saw, but Keanu Reeves' voice got on my nerves like nobody's business and I think he was poorly cast.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Boondock Saints 8.5/10

A hysterical and bloody violent action flick about two Irish catholic brothers playing superhero vigilante on the crime fed streets of Boston. The movie is based on the premise of what happens when good people do nothing and whether we have a right to stand up to injustice or if taking matters into our own hands is a step too far.

The acting is great and the humor is dark. The action is frequent and gritty but brief, a bit low on spectacle but still absurd at times. A rather unfortunate overuse of slow mo undermines the otherwise slick action a bit. Some fun non-linear storytelling livens things up, with each action scene starting out after the shootout and detectives piecing together what happened while the movie shows you.

Mission Impossible Fallout

It was enjoyable for the most part and one of the best in the series.
The villain does absolutely nothing though, as a film that is the series' first straight sequel having the villain of the last film should have meant something bit it didn't. He gets passed around and has a few monologues but that is it, he literally does nothing of worth, despite his best Bond villain impression.

I didnt buy the heel-turn of a certain character. I expected it and hoped I was wrong but it was clunky and the actor was badly cast for the part.

There was another character who was made to be an ambiguous enemy/ally but it was done so badly that they just came off as bad as both.

Some of the fight and chase scenes go on far too long and can end up feeling dull (especially near the end).

But altogether the film wasnt bad.
Considering i can remember stuff from this one and i cant remember what happened in the last 3 films I'd say that was a plus.

7/10

Iron Man 1

Uuuuuugh. I wasn't bored by this kind of film when it first came out because it was well done and fresh.

Now... well, it was defintely the form of things to come. These movies are nothing but a checklist with different visuals that all explode.

9/10 - objectively, it was a great start.

3/10 - subjectively because 19 films later just the sight of it makes me wanna claw my eyes out.

Just watched The Meg

I... am surprised at how good this film is. It isn't too dumb, isn't too serious. Staham and most of the cast do a decent job and it all just sort of works for a fun movie.

Definitely my favourte shark movie.

Not that I had one before....

Gattaca
Still as captivating as ever, was only going to put it on the background but end up watching it all. This has aged so well, I can’t think of anything in this being dated really, everything was stylised so the movie becomes a bubble and timeless

The Fast and the Furious

My guys are done with Marvel and now they're watching the FF films...

I dont have a problem with this first film, anything is a welcome change of pace, i dont like cars and dont care for most of the cast but at least it isn't Marvel.

7/10

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
The Fast and the Furious

My guys are done with Marvel and now they're watching the FF films...

I dont have a problem with this first film, anything is a welcome change of pace, i dont like cars and dont care for most of the cast but at least it isn't Marvel.

7/10
Tell the to watch the James Bond films!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Ready Player One

It was okay, I guess. The big evil company was unbelievably dumb. The villains main goal for getting control of the virtual world was to fill it with ads, which I get would be annoying and probably ruin the fun of playing, but its not like its that evil. The movie acts like having control of the world would allow one to actually control society. But nah, its just ads.

Which brings me to another point, because the ad thing isn't super evil, we're also told that the evil company buys people's debt and forces them to work as slaves until they die (which is legal for some reason in this universe). In response there's a rebellion. Except you don't ever see what the rebellion does. The female lead just says "Welcome to the rebellion" and that's the extent of the rebellion. I'm sure that the actions of the rebellion exist in the original book, but for the movie it had no other place except to force Artemis and Parzival to meet.

Maybe my expectations for this movie were too high. After watching it, I kind of wish that their would have been more focus on the hunt for the keys competitively. The story would have been way more interesting if it was more than just five plucky teens vs. an evil corporation. ((By the way, from what I remember, there was never any indication that the company ever found the first key and there was only a joke about them struggling to get the second. So it was super hard to feel like there were any stakes or that the evil company was close to winning at the end)).

5.5/10

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Ready Player One

It was okay, I guess. The big evil company was unbelievably dumb. The villains main goal for getting control of the virtual world was to fill it with ads, which I get would be annoying and probably ruin the fun of playing, but its not like its that evil. The movie acts like having control of the world would allow one to actually control society. But nah, its just ads.

Which brings me to another point, because the ad thing isn't super evil, we're also told that the evil company buys people's debt and forces them to work as slaves until they die (which is legal for some reason in this universe). In response there's a rebellion. Except you don't ever see what the rebellion does. The female lead just says "Welcome to the rebellion" and that's the extent of the rebellion. I'm sure that the actions of the rebellion exist in the original book, but for the movie it had no other place except to force Artemis and Parzival to meet.

Maybe my expectations for this movie were too high. After watching it, I kind of wish that their would have been more focus on the hunt for the keys competitively. The story would have been way more interesting if it was more than just five plucky teens vs. an evil corporation. ((By the way, from what I remember, there was never any indication that the company ever found the first key and there was only a joke about them struggling to get the second. So it was super hard to feel like there were any stakes or that the evil company was close to winning at the end)).

5.5/10
Everything you want from the movie, the book has. Except the rebellion literally doesn't exist in the book, or really the movie tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom