• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Racing in Kakariko Graveyard (the 2nd Time)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zbt73

I have watched the video guide on this and no matter what i do i always miss it by 3-5 seconds. i dont hit any of the fire,I have the longshot upgrade, and i cut every corner there is. R there any shortcuts or is there just something im missing.

Thanks

D

Deku Nutter

It is possible even withouth using the longshot, just try and keep a straight a path as possible when taking corners (turning Link means slowing down) and rolling can help too. I'm assuming you're going for the heart peice, i think a minute dead should do it.

Din Akera

Sniper
I cheat a bit. :) There is a bit of a cheat that you can use without it really being a cheat code.

When you get to the room where you have to run all the way around (the last room) after you have race the hardest that you could, if you press the ocarina button, the timer will pause and you take out the ocarina, play a warp song, any song, and after it finishes playing there is a box that comes up telling you that you can't warp here, but (!) you can move while the box is on the screen for the five or so seconds and the timer has not started up again. So, you can gain a few seconds and running steps.

My only advice for using this, is wait until the camera has spun back around behind you before you madly press forward on the control stick. Otherwise you run in the wrong direction and loose time.

Also, you can do it as many times as you need too. :)

Let me know if it works for ya!

Z

zbt73

Thanks everyone, it took me like 2 hours but i finally got the heart piece.(i HATE races)

TheSerpent

The Happy Mask Salesman
I had more trouble on the deku butler race in MM. Because there were so many obstacles that made you lose precious time. And the hallways were sooo daaaark. I kept running in circles...

Flute Boy

ganon slayer
well, rolling truely does not help, you get as far as you would running due to the pause after you roll. however, if you where the hover boots, then during the pause in links movement, you keep sliding. also, the song cheat, i hate it, i lose time because of the weird camera angle you are left with. and 1 minuet exactly works as fine as under a minuet. i have horrible aim, so i usually miss the torches, but out of pure luck i hit one. also, the shortcuts, in my experience take longer except for the last one, the only benefit is no chance of getting hit with dampe's cheap *** fire.

Sonicbowling

BOOMSHAKALAKA!!!!!!!
I myself have never done it with the longshot. I've always done it right after I get the hookshot. Just roll like crazy, and you can afford to hit a couple fireballs that Dampe drops, and you should get in there 1:00 or less. It'll get a lot easier after your first or second time.

L

Link's Shadow

Do you get a heart piece for racing him the second time? I'm missing 3 pieces, but I know one of them you get for doing the gerudo bow and arrow mini-game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom