• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Raccoon City Mafia (Game Thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Anyway, I'm thinking there likely is scum pushing for my wagon, I don't think its Minish probably but idk. I do think anyone seriously trying to twist my intentions like they know what I think is pretty bad, bottom line I wasn't going to stay on Echo and I said that. I gave my reasoning, which was a hell of a lot better than what anyone else voting Echo gave and I feel like they probably echoed, for lack of better term, some of my points. Like apparently Mez took my Echo vote post out of context and it seems like everyone who voted me did the same.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
I had much to say to yours and others so it would only follow that you could if you looked

Are you implying I haven't read those posts? Cause I have. Lol. You had a lot to say because you disagreed. I agreed so I didn't feel the need to reiterate that if I had nothing else to add.

Echo can come off genuine with anything I'd think. We all know she is like 12, she adds the crying emojis, you want to believe anything she says, lol. Idk in games I toss that all aside though.

Look at the difference between her answering if she were mafia and then her confession. I think she just said "No I am not mafia" (which technically wasn't a lie, lol). It was minimum and to the point probably because she knew she was hiding something even if she technically told the truth there. Then when she was asked if she is town, she came clean. I dunno, but that contrast feels actually genuine to me. And I feel she would be much stiffer with her replies if she were lying.

I don't find it overflowing with genuineness

It's more like the circumstances do it credit

See the above reply to SMS. But also, her freaking out about dying and promising to help town and catch scum didn't feel like she was playing anything up to me. She reiterated like 5 times that she was working with town. Lol.

This vote makes no sense, even as a pressure vote.

Why doesn't it make sense even as a pressure vote?

The reasoning SMS himself has given is different though, and I can’t help but wonder if he’s using this as an excuse to backpedal now that he’s been called out for his vote. Anyway,

Unvote

Vote: Johnny

Why spend half that post talking about suspicions on SMS only to vote Johnny?

What if Echolight faked an unintentional 3P slip so that we would write them off as genuine, but they were scum the whole time and only wanted us to think they were a passive 3P?

Regardless I always lynch 3Ps so imma keep my vote here until I scumread someone else.

"I always lynch 3rd party, until a better mislynch comes along that I can hop on without suspicion".

If you always lynch 3rd party why would you switch later?

Minish did you role scum again—again?

Nope. And it would've been more like again, again, again. Lol.

The first part is blatantly untrue in regards to SKs. In fact, typically SKs are just as dangerous to scum as townies, perhaps even moreso since they have their own agendas. So saying third party are low priority for scum is just wrong, especially SKs, because even if the wincon is to win with the winning team it would be easier to win with town than scum. And if the wincon is last man standing, then they'll pick off their biggest threats first, which should be scum leans.

The second and third parts feel contradictory to me. You say you'll unvote her if she says she isn't SK, but then you say if she is then she can work with town? If that was your thought, why did you bother voting her in the first place? Day 1 third party lynches are not helpful since they don't help us progress at all in reality and I will always suspect those who 3p hunt during the first day. We're here to hunt scum, if a 3P exists (which we know it does), she won't be a big threat to us until later if she even is one at all.

It is for this reason that I also suspect Poyzin. 3p lynches day 1 are just way too easy and feel like copouts to me.

Ugh, I like this Tristan post a lot which makes me conflicted. Sensible Tristan is scum Tristan except for when me and funnier lynched him as jailer.

But for real, these are a lot of my thoughts on stuff which Tristan usually tends to do a good job of thinking the same way I do. I think I'm just gonna town read it for now and wait to see if Tristan makes me hate what he's saying. Lol.

Oh wait you could’ve said they admitted it, I thought it was because she said “I’m not mafia”.

Do you even read the thread? Yeah that was one post. But there have been multiple posts discussing her admitting to being 3rd party. How could you get the idea that people thought she was 3rd party, but not get the idea that she confessed to being 3rd party?

I actually think Poyzin's behavior here is quite different from the last game when he was scum. Sure, Poyzin pulled the same "I'm X. Lol not really" but aside from the claim of being Ike, a lot of his posts were reactionary then. This time he feels like he's scumhunting and genuinely trying to get those "town or scum pings."

I disagree with his "always lynch 3P" mentality but I am leaning towards it being a town mentality nevertheless.

Bless town Doc. We will keep you safe from the bad man this time! Despite his title he is far from innocent.

There's no reason to lynch Echo and I'd rather go for one of my stated scum reads, likely SMS. Given that there's already a bandwagon on him, his lynch would give the most information.

I refer back to my earlier replies to your quotes. Why vote Johnny if you'd likely rather go for SMS?

I'm not mentally well enough to scumhunt rn tbf
I feel like Echo will prolly get lynched because town doesn't want that backfiring later

Why do you feel like Echo is gonna be lynched? There are multiple people saying it's a bad lynch.

The amount of people who say they are getting reads on me this early is baffling, especially because I haven’t even don’t anything townie yet. Sussing those who have done so.

With that being said, my Mellow Ezio read overrules that and I think they’re in the town boat with funnier and Johnny Sooshi, but I’m fine with being wrong once in a while, so I’ll have to re look over those tomorrow. Or maybe today if people are pushy. I think Doc or Minish are most likely to be scum at this point in time.

How can you say you're suspicious of the people town reading you, then give half of them a pass, except for Doc. And then throw me in as a scum lean even though I'm not even town reading you? Like why even make a point of calling out people town reading you and then just throw that away?

And for what it's worth, people can have opinions on you for things that don't align with your own thoughts of being read. It's frustrating when people say stuff like "you can't read me yet because I haven't done things I feel are AI".

funnier6

Courage~
Are you implying I haven't read those posts? Cause I have. Lol. You had a lot to say because you disagreed. I agreed so I didn't feel the need to reiterate that if I had nothing else to add.
No I’m saying you haven’t analyzed them

Oh they have the same opinions as me mkay moving on

I’m saying you don’t seem to have looked into their reasons for agreeing or how they agreed or tried to see what sort of place that comes from in each of them
See the above reply to SMS. But also, her freaking out about dying and promising to help town and catch scum didn't feel like she was playing anything up to me. She reiterated like 5 times that she was working with town. Lol.
I was only disagreeing in that I don’t 100% believe it without question

Call me cynical but I think it’s possible she’s lying

I don’t believe that she is but I believe she could be
Why doesn't it make sense even as a pressure vote?
Why does it make sense as a pressure vote?
I always lynch 3rd party, until a better mislynch comes along that I can hop on without suspicion"
How are you reading Poy rn
Ugh, I like this Tristan post a lot which makes me conflicted. Sensible Tristan is scum Tristan except for when me and funnier lynched him as jailer.
I don’t recall him being sensible when we lynched him in Korra, I’m pretty sure we lynched him for the jailer claim more than anything

I’m going to take a skim on some Tristan games to refresh myself on how I should be reading this tho
Bless town Doc. We will keep you safe from the bad man this time!
Yeah just like you kept him safe the first time :dry:
It's frustrating when people say stuff like "you can't read me yet because I haven't done things I feel are AI".
I say that all the time lol

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
for those thinking echo is some kind of evil mastermind
she couldn't even lie about her alignment lmao
why would she lie about being not being hostile

I do think she's hostile to some degree and isn't aware of it tho
maybe a lyncher or a conditioned SK
simplest case scenario she's just a survivor

funnier6

Courage~
I'm not mentally well enough to scumhunt rn tbf
Is it because you’re scum
@funnier6 Have you re-evaluated me? I wasn't on your reads before.
I’m aware

Not enough data, ask again later

I feel like I know what direction it’s going but I want to see
Anyway, I'm thinking there likely is scum pushing for my wagon, I don't think its Minish probably but idk. I do think anyone seriously trying to twist my intentions like they know what I think is pretty bad, bottom line I wasn't going to stay on Echo and I said that. I gave my reasoning, which was a hell of a lot better than what anyone else voting Echo gave and I feel like they probably echoed, for lack of better term, some of my points. Like apparently Mez took my Echo vote post out of context and it seems like everyone who voted me did the same.
Tbf your reasoning was pretty terrible
for those thinking echo is some kind of evil mastermind
she couldn't even lie about her alignment lmao
why would she lie about being not being hostile

I do think she's hostile to some degree and isn't aware of it tho
maybe a lyncher or a conditioned SK
simplest case scenario she's just a survivor
We literally never have lynchers

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Sensible Tristan is scum Tristan except for when me and funnier lynched him as jailer.
he was pretty sensible in anon mafia too tho lmao

How can you say you're suspicious of the people town reading you, then give half of them a pass, except for Doc.
I like this observation. A bit aggressive, but it's pretty cunning (is that the word)

Why do you feel like Echo is gonna be lynched? There are multiple people saying it's a bad lynch.
Because it's better to lynch a 3p than a town mislynch during D1
Her lynch would be the optimal lynch to produce information about the setup/balance + allow observe some interactions between players since she's the main topic of the day

are people really calling it bad tho
or are they just saying it just to pretend they have an opinion or something

Call me cynical but I think it’s possible she’s lying
why
is she your scumbud or something

scummy

Is it because you’re scum
if I were scum I'd prolly be spreading a bunch of paranoia instead of being a despresso sack of potatoes

We literally never have lynchers
what about mafia vigilantes

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
No I’m saying you haven’t analyzed them

Oh they have the same opinions as me mkay moving on

I’m saying you don’t seem to have looked into their reasons for agreeing or how they agreed or tried to see what sort of place that comes from in each of them

I mean, I usually read something and if it sounds sensible to me and I can see why they think it then yeah I do just move on instead of just saying "I agree". Unless it really factors into determining my read of them. Like that post of Tristan's I quoted and said he had the same thoughts as me. The reactions to Ex didn't help give me any sort of read on people because I understood where they were coming from, but also realize that it's not exactly AI to have that opinion. So I'll consider it with other actions but on its own it's nothing super noteworthy for me to give thoughts on. Of course it's easier to press people and give thoughts on their opinions if you disagree.

Why does it make sense as a pressure vote?

Wasn't saying it didn't one way or the other. Just wanted Kirino to explain his reasoning. But also, what kind of sense do pressure votes have to make?

How are you reading Poy rn

Null/slight scum lean. Don't like his Echo vote, don't like that he said he's always going to lynch her til it's convenient not to, don't like that he apparently hasn't been reading the thread, that he thinks no one is allowed to read him, and his contradictory statement of "those town reading me are sus, except all the people I conveniently excluded that are town reading me".

I don’t recall him being sensible when we lynched him in Korra, I’m pretty sure we lynched him for the jailer claim more than anything

I’m going to take a skim on some Tristan games to refresh myself on how I should be reading this tho

One of my dilemmas that game was that he was being sensible until he wasn't. And then he was again right before we decided to lynch him.

Yeah just like you kept him safe the first time :dry:

Hey, I didn't vote for him!!! Also I was scum. Lol.

Yes, but yours is different. You say that when you've just barely been prodding. It's frustrating when people have multiple posts but say no one can read them because nothing they ever do is AI. Poy said early that he would act the same as either alignment and is trying to ride that as people can't read him as town yet.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
he was pretty sensible in anon mafia too tho lmao

When it got to end game, yeah. Because town Tristan is strong. But usually I find myself disagreeing with him a lot in the beginning when he's town. Lol.

Because it's better to lynch a 3p than a town mislynch during D1
Her lynch would be the optimal lynch to produce information about the setup/balance + allow observe some interactions between players since she's the main topic of the day

Not really. 3rd party gives us nothing. If she's survivor, which is likely, that's basically like lynching another townie because I don't see any way Echo helps mafia. And both town and mafia can have reasons for lynching 3rd party. If you believe she's not lying (which I really, really don't think she is), then her wagon gives us basically no info.

It is a bad lynch for that reason. If people expected she is possibly mafia and lying it would make sense. But that's not the consensus.

funnier6

Courage~
and I can see why they think it
This being the most important thing since I’m not entirely sure you did know why they thought it, you know why you did but the motives around the others aren’t so obvious

It kind of assumes all the others are town since a scum mindset would approach that differently
Wasn't saying it didn't one way or the other. Just wanted Kirino to explain his reasoning. But also, what kind of sense do pressure votes have to make?
Answering a question with a question mmm

We can discuss this after Kirino answers you if you like
Null/slight scum lean. Don't like his Echo vote, don't like that he said he's always going to lynch her til it's convenient not to, don't like that he apparently hasn't been reading the thread, that he thinks no one is allowed to read him, and his contradictory statement of "those town reading me are sus, except all the people I conveniently excluded that are town reading me".
Please don’t say null scum lol I’m in trauma over reads like that atm

Also you’re quite wrong dear Min, Doc is town reading him and was not in fact conveniently excluded

Also that’s rather a paradox that you say “of the people town reading him” he excluded the ones town reading him

Clearly they’re all town reading him so that’s everyone or no one
It's frustrating when people have multiple posts but say no one can read them because nothing they ever do is AI. Poy said early that he would act the same as either alignment and is trying to ride that as people can't read him as town yet.
I mean yes but also no

As in yes it’s frustrating/annoying but I disagree that it’s scummy

I actually feel pretty good about it and that it kind of hurts his pride that he’s being town read when he doesnt think he’s even done anything

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Not really. 3rd party gives us nothing. If she's survivor, which is likely, that's basically like lynching another townie because I don't see any way Echo helps mafia. And both town and mafia can have reasons for lynching 3rd party. If you believe she's not lying (which I really, really don't think she is), then her wagon gives us basically no info.

It is a bad lynch for that reason. If people expected she is possibly mafia and lying it would make sense. But that's not the consensus.
If we expose someone from mafia with a cop check and they threaten her, do you really think she'll still stay on our side?
I've dealt with two newbies with survive-esque roles that didn't hesitate to backstab town once their wincon was put in the line.

And I agree that it by itself doesn't give a lot of info, maybe if we make a counterwagon to see how some people react with lynching her.

funnier6

Courage~

nose steam increases
if I were scum I'd prolly be spreading a bunch of paranoia instead of being a despresso sack of potatoes
It’s possible to be both scum and depressed shockingly
what about mafia vigilantes
A: That never happened

B: That has no bearing on whether a lyncher is in this game
Because town Tristan is strong
Mmm

I’d argue town Tristan is weaker than scum Tristan in pretty much any instance

Echolight

❤️ love yourself ❤️
ZD Champion
Ok, all townies, I give my word that I will not betray you. Perhaps it’s foolishness, idk. But after being town for all my games so far, I just seem to have this bond with them, this loyalty. Since in this game I was supposed to be loyal to no one, I can pick who I want to be loyal too, and since I already feel loyal to the town, I decided to go with them. I give my word I will not betray you town.

I guess I kinda went against my role aligning with town and all, probably going to die, but I don’t care, it’s what I want to do, so I’m going to do it. I will try my hardest to stay alive, and be an ally of town. If I die, I hope my death will reveal something to the town, and help them win. I just feel connected to the town, if that makes sense. I still want to be honorable in this game, and I am determined to be it. I will not shamefully betray you if a mafia scum threatens me, I’ll threaten them back. I’ll help you lynch the scum, and we’ll win.

Now, I’ll make a reads list soon, I have to look back, think, put myself in their shoes, and find out who’s scum.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
This being the most important thing since I’m not entirely sure you did know why they thought it, you know why you did but the motives around the others aren’t so obvious

It kind of assumes all the others are town since a scum mindset would approach that differently

It doesn't assume they are town, because I even said that their opinion can be NAI. But yes, I know why I felt that way so therefore it is easier to see why others felt that way. I do this all the time funnier. Lol. Not sure why you have issue with it now.

Answering a question with a question mmm

We can discuss this after Kirino answers you if you like

Yes I answered it with a question because that was my whole intent behind the original question in the first place. How can you go from arguing that I'm not trying to see why people think a certain way, to questioning me questioning someone for why they see the way they do? Lol.

Please don’t say null scum lol I’m in trauma over reads like that atm

Also you’re quite wrong dear Min, Doc is town reading him and was not in fact conveniently excluded

Also that’s rather a paradox that you say “of the people town reading him” he excluded the ones town reading him

Clearly they’re all town reading him so that’s everyone or no one

I say null/whatever all the time. Deal with it. :cool:

It's because it's not a super strong read since I've never seen town Poy.

Also, I'm not wrong. I included the read of Doc in my original post stating my opinion on that. It's convenient that he said people town reading me are sus, but only this one person and not the others. You're twisting my opinions her funnier. I've already explained what I meant before.

I mean yes but also no

As in yes it’s frustrating/annoying but I disagree that it’s scummy

I actually feel pretty good about it and that it kind of hurts his pride that he’s being town read when he doesnt think he’s even done anything

I dunno, I don't see Poy being like you where it hurts his pride to be town read when thinks he hasn't done anything. I see Poy saying whatever he thinks will cause chaos.

If we expose someone from mafia with a cop check and they threaten her, do you really think she'll still stay on our side?
I've dealt with two newbies with survive-esque roles that didn't hesitate to backstab town once their wincon was put in the line.

And I agree that it by itself doesn't give a lot of info, maybe if we make a counterwagon to see how some people react with lynching her.

I do think she would actually. This is taking into consideration Echo as a person, who is different from the others you have seen backstab.

What would a counterwagon do? Any alignment can make justification for lynching her. I'd rather have two counterwagons that we felt were actually mafia/mafia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom