• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Puberty

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I basically got a lot of scratchy facial hair that bothers me to this day. My skin is very sensitive; I can't use razors with more than two blades. And I can only shave every other day without irritating my skin. I have to use either an electric razor or a two-blade razor with a moisture strip to avoid cutting myself, so it takes me about an hour to shave a full beard. I'm always running out of hot water and getting frustrated when trying to shave.

Try the Philips OneBlade. It offers a shave which isn't so close that it irritates but it does give you a smooth look. This is the razor I'd recommend to someone who is usually irritated by a normal shave.

Pen

The game is on!
In my opening post I mostly just talked about my rapid physical changes during puberty. There was another change that I can't really say how long it took because it happened over a much longer time period. Basically I became much calmer and somehow less emotional after puberty compared to before it. I used to start crying pretty easily and if I felt like I was being mistreated in some way I sometimes became violent. After the change I feel like I became very lax and chill. At least compared to the way I was previously. Sure I can still be sensitive but it's nothing compared to how it used to be. Thinking back on it, I honestly don't really like the little Pre-Puberty Pendio very much. :P

Reactions: Dio

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
not sure if im happy or sad with the whole facial hair situation. also back hair runs in my family LOL so thats good.

but it was all okay, nbd

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
not sure if im happy or sad with the whole facial hair situation. also back hair runs in my family LOL so thats good.

but it was all okay, nbd

You will be able to rope together some sea turtles if you are ever stranded on an island then.
In my opening post I mostly just talked about my rapid physical changes during puberty. There was another change that I can't really say how long it took because it happened over a much longer time period. Basically I became much calmer and somehow less emotional after puberty compared to before it. I used to start crying pretty easily and if I felt like I was being mistreated in some way I sometimes became violent. After the change I feel like I became very lax and chill. At least compared to the way I was previously. Sure I can still be sensitive but it's nothing compared to how it used to be. Thinking back on it, I honestly don't really like the little Pre-Puberty Pendio very much. :P

I was a cry baby before. I look back and think what a little ***** I was. Then I started puberty and I started getting violent with people who even annoyed me slightly. By the end, I had mellowed out somewhat and become a much calmer person.

Reactions: Pen

Misty

Ronin
Hmm,

Well, I mean as I recall, I hit puberty really late, like 17 or so, and I recall beforehand since it was starting to edge on weird really wanting to hit it. Mostly cuz all my girlfriends had hit it like...several years prior and had become a bit catty about it. It was starting to be one of those "Maybe I'll be a little girl forever. BUT I DON'T WANNNNNNA".

Before: Shortie, flatchested, rare acne usually from illness.

After: Still shortie, still fairly flatchested, still almost no acne even when hormones are being super wack, wider curved hips (that **** was weird to realize one day when my jeans weren't fitting only because of my hips being too wide), and I get to have a period which do not let anyone lie to you pretty much only is ****e.

So yeah, turns out, mighta been better off if I stayed a little girl forever since it turns out even after you finally hit puberty, people just start focusing on the flatchested thing.

Emotionally speaking, I don't really see much of a change that I think has to do with puberty. I do realize that sometimes when the hormones aren't balanced I become somewhat emotionally compromised and have to remind myself not kill someone. To be fair, most of the stuff that sets me off then is stuff that I'm always frustrated and annoyed by, I just usually by way of either self-control or kindness let it slide. The change isn't in sensitivity, it's in the degree of mercy available. (I know other girls experience this part differently and just feel sensitive to everything ever.)

My review of female puberty: 2/10, it had a lot of ambition that went unrealized, the main characters are shallow versions of the real thing, but there is a thin gloss of hollywood magic trying to cover a bloody melodrama.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom