• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Prices and Versions?

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Well for starters, how much is it? Gamestop put it for $49.99, so is it official? And, do you think Skyward Sword will have different versions, such as Skyward Sword with/without Wii Motion Plus/Wii Remote Plus?
Or one that has a poster and keychain? Disney's Epic Mickey has a special version that comes with stuff too, so I was just wondering if you guys think Skyward Sword will have a "limited edition version". And if you agree it will have a special version, would you buy the normal Skyward Sword with Wii Motion Plus/Wii Remote Plus, or the Special Version Skyward Sword? Tell me what you think, what would you choose, and if you think Gamestop's price is official. Thanks!

I'm hoping that Nintendo's base price for Wii games remains stationary at $49.99 USD. Lately there are versions of games that have been more expensive. For example, 007 Goldeneye has a $70 version that includes a Golden Classic Controller, and Epic Mickey has a $70 version that included some extras.

As for Skyward Sword, I can see Nintendo doing this same thing, especially if Wii Remote Plus is new on the Market, but I am not sure of its release yet. If WRP (Wii Remote Plus) is released by the end of 2010, then I think it is doubtful that it would be included in a version of Skyward Sword.

Extras on the other hand are more plausible. Seeing as TLoZ has a huge and steadily growing fanbase, I can see them releasing a collector's edition that would include things like, a Tin Case for the game, figurines, posters, etc.

disturbed42

I will win....eventually!
They'll probably put some extras in for a special edition of the game, since it is Zelda and there's a large fanbase for the game series (aka, more money for Nintendo). --shrugs-- It makes sense. But now I'll have to save up for a special edition version, if there is one....

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I hope they'll release the SS without the WM+ also at the same time or before, because I already got 2. But yeah, I guess they will sell it in 2 different versions.

Beeker

Wild Card
If it is sold with the Wii Remote Plus, it will have 2 versions(one with,one without), with the one without being cheaper. As for the question if the Gamestop price is right, it isn't set in stone yet, it should just be a placeholder.
I'd like to see a version with some kind of extras(like a collector's edition) that fans like me can collect, like figures, posters, stuff like that.

Yeah, I hope they have a special edition. Maybe with a few figures and posters, and a steel case like Metroid Prime Collection.

arkvoodle

Diabolical
Considering that Nintendo have announced the Motion Plus will be bundled with the game, the game is supposed to "completely change Zelda and the way we view it" and that it has such a hype value, it will probably be priced somewhere in the region of $35-$39 dollars. At a stretch, it could even go to $45, but that is unlikely, as noone will want to buy an overpriced game.

If there is a version that comes without the motion plus, it will probably be around $30-37 dollars. But my estimates are mehish and Nintendo will probably jack up the price a few days before its release.

Steve

5/19/13
Considering that Nintendo have announced the Motion Plus will be bundled with the game, the game is supposed to "completely change Zelda and the way we view it" and that it has such a hype value, it will probably be priced somewhere in the region of $35-$39 dollars. At a stretch, it could even go to $45, but that is unlikely, as noone will want to buy an overpriced game.

If there is a version that comes without the motion plus, it will probably be around $30-37 dollars. But my estimates are mehish and Nintendo will probably jack up the price a few days before its release.

I doubt the price for a game, especially a new release and a much-anticipated game, would be priced so low. $49.99 is the typical base price for a new release, and I highly doubt that will change anytime soon.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I think, like it's always been before, we Europeans will have to pay a lot more. Translation has its price, and maybe there will be even more languages this time around, it's always been English, German, French, Italian and Spanish but the Eastern European countries had quite some economical growth in the past decades, so I'm guessing that there will be a Polish and maybe also a Russian version too this time, which means even more translation work => higher price. I recently saw TP in an electronics store (we usually don't have dedicated gaming stores where I live, just departments in other stores) for a whopping 59,99€ (82,34 US$)! So this time I think, if inflation and the higher anticipation are considered, I'd guess 69,99€ (96,07 US$), and if bundled with the Wii Motion Plus, I can even imagine 79,99€, that'd be almost 110 US$ ATM.

You Americans are lucky, here in Britain a standard Wii game costs roughly £39.99, which translates roughly to $63.30. So $45 dollars for a game plus Wii Motion plus doesn't look that overpriced.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
If they were to release a special version, I'm gonna have to save more money! -_-'
I would want to get the extra stuff though, who doesn't want special things?

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
Well probably they will have a version with and without Wii Motion Plus. Obviously the without one cheaper. Ive heard a little of the WRP (Wii Remote Pus) but o dont think they are going to realease it in a Zelda game, probably on a Wii based game:Wii Sports, Wii Sports Resort, Wii Fit. This were all experiments to show controls

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Nintendo would be stupid not to make limited edition with a Master Sword WRP, a book with various concept art and official artwork with a story about the game, and a little Link Guy for your Action-Figure pleasure.

David

But you called me here...
Seeing as how almost every single brand new Wii game costs $49.99, I think its safe to assume that the game itself will cost that much. Wii Motion Plus and Wii Remote plus are a different case, however. If they release the game with the only buying option as the game bundled with Wii Motion Plus, there are going to be some pretty upset fans. I personally need another Wii Motion Plus, but I'd like the option to get the game without the Wii motion plus. And if it comes with Wii Remote plus, I'll probably get that bundle because I don't like the bulk of the wii remote with the wii motion plus attached. I'd much rather have a Wii remote with wii motion plus built in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom