• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Prediction for 3DS

I think the 3ds will be way more popular and sell way more later this year than when it first came out. With the price drop and some finally good games (OoT 3D is the only one I like so far) it seems inevitable to me that it will be really successful. I think the main reason for 3ds not selling so well was a little about the price and mainly about the lack of good launch games. How successful do you think the 3ds will be after the price drop and good games later this year.

Garo

Boy Wonder
People seem to forget that the DS had a very slow start as well. The DS had disappointing launch titles, with only one really good game in the bunch (incidentally, another remake of a classic, groundbreaking N64 title - Super Mario 64 DS). The DS didn't take off until the next year. The DS didn't have a great library until the next year.

People somehow seem to expect that the 3DS would surpass the DS - having had years to build up a userbase and games library - within six months of release. And a lot of gaming journalists aren't helping, with their "LOL 3DS DYING" posts (I'm looking at you, Kotaku). In short - of course it's going to improve. Every console has growing pains. The 3DS is no different.

After StarFox 64 3D, that's when the 3DS will have a lot of good games. In Nov we're getting Super Mario 3D Land, Kid Icarus Uprising, and Mario Kart 7. In 2012 we're getting Luigi's Mansion 2, a Paper Mario game, Animal Crossing and more. We just have to wait for a little bit.

C

Caleb, Of Asui

There are certainly quite a lot of good games coming for the 3DS. The selection is low at this point, but the thing just came out. Give it some time and I wouldn't be surprised if it became the console with the kind of library the DS had (the kind of library that has only been matched by the NES, the SNES, the PS1, and the PS2). Plus, in a sense, the 3DS already has the entire DS library, so it's not like there's nothing you can play on the 3DS.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
The 3DS is now preparing to launch a ton of cool games. The 3DS already had a good start after OoT3D. Some of the upcoming games are Harvest Moon, Animal Crossing, Mario, Kid Icarus(is that right?), and I think a Kirby game(woot!). It should be pretty good.

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
NO! Kirby already has a DS game out in Japan (Came out yesterday, :P) And Kirby Wii is coming out in Autumn/Fall. Not to mention all of his games are on VC 3DS, he has his own Channel and TV series and it isn't even his 25th Birthday > : O

I want an F-Zero for 3DS or Wii U. Preferably Wii U.

And I can't wait for Kid Icarus: Sin and Punishment :D

Oh, and how dare you hate Pilotwings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom