• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Popular Pairings You Dislike

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
I absolutely DESPISE, with every fiber of my being...

Link x Dark Link.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! (Darth Vader voice) NOOOOOOOOO!

Over on the fanfiction network and Deviant Art, it is a RIDICULOUSLY popular pairing. I understand why - people like the "good seduced by his dark side" aspect and Foe Yay seems to be a popular subset of shipping, but I just really dislike it. I don't like Foe Yay to begin with (it can be done well if it's presented either as one-off humor in fanart/comics or as a seriously eff-ed up mind-game sort of thing in fan fiction), but for me, it really has to be a one-sided deal played for psychological horror rather than romance. The moment it becomes woobie-poo or recirpocated, I'm wretching. It's just this... distaste for idea of glorifying abuse, also a distaste for nerfing villains. (It seems like these enemy-ships, in *all* fandoms I've been in go to one or the other extreme). With Dark Link, it's like, three times worse than say, Link x Ghirahim (which I also hate, for all the reasons I just stated).... it's worse becuase unlike Ghirahim, Dark Link isn't, in my eyes, his own entity. As far as I'm concerned, he has no heart and he has no sex organs. He is a shadow given life, a Jungian archetype, a resprentation of Link's sins and fears, NOT AN ACTUAL BEING.

Try to make love to your shadow. That's what Link x Dark Link is for me.

I'll support anyone's right to like it, to fan art it, to fan fic it, but please, for the love of the Triforce, don't expect me to jump on the bandwagon. The ship squicks me out.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
***** PLEASE! Screw the Triforce! I saved your butt, not some mystical glowy triangles! That was all ME! No kiss, no hug, NOTHING! Come on!

And Zelda... and Impa... and old Impa... and Groose. Not to mention watching over the Triforce is kind of a big deal, considering it's, you know, only the most important artifact in the entire series. Quit being so shallow, dude.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
I liked LinkxZelda in SS. It's the only game I do like it in, in a context where it makes sense- also, being the only game that has a clear pairing in.

In all other games, especially OoT and Twilight Princess, I hate LinkxZelda. They barely know each other in either game, they just end up having to work together pretty much, with the possible exception of TetraxLink in PH.

I also hate LinkxMidna. Midna is an annoying whiny little imp through most of the game. Just because she turns out pretty in the end, to me, is not a good enough reason for her and Link to be a pairing.

I also have a special little dislike in my heart for LinkxMalon. I know a lot of people say this is the one pairing that makes sense, but I don't like it. There is no reason to believe that they ever end up together. Lon Lon Ranch is not Ordon Village, and similar names (Malo and Talo) are too small references, especially as they're not even related to Link in TP, but it is pretty obvious that Link in TP is a descendent of OoT Link thanks to Hero's Shade.

I am not a big fan of any pairing as Zelda is about adventure, not romance, as you can probably tell, but mostly these are the ones that bug me.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I kinda didn't like Midna becoming pretty in the end...it was sorta like Beauty and the Beast--you had come to know and love the beast by the time he transformed. Also, in both cases it kinda diminished the "inner beauty" ideal....now of course, they HAD to transform...otherwise Belle would be a furry and Link would be in a semi-pedophilic relationship...but I wish they had stayed a little closer to the form we knew them in.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
xD Funny and disturbing mental image is funny and disturbing.

But yeah, seriously...Dark Link is a phantom created by Ganondorf, just like the OoT forest temple boss. And we don't see any pairings with Phantom Ganon.

I've never seen Phantom Ganon x Link, but I HAVE seen a few Ganon x Link pieces out there. (And Ganon x Zelda... somewhat more popular, but again, I dislike it as anything other than one-sided because of my distaste for enemy-shipping).

There is actually a fanfiction that was Ganondorf x Link inTwilight Princess I read part of that I found through TV Tropes (someone listing it under the So Bad, It's Horrible tab and making a tropes page for it for fun). I only read into the first few chapters before giving up on even the "reading something because it's squicky and weird and I like trainwrecks." I recall that the writing, itself, was actually alright - technically, and it was made for people who like that pairing, but... for as very little character as Ganondorf and mostly-player-avatar Link are... this fic had the spectacularly out of character. Poor Link doesn't want to stain his hands killing monsters anymore so he takes an invitation to live with Ganny-poo. WTF?

So, yeah, sometimes pairings you dislike can provide a bit of comedy... for as much as you're willing to stomach looking at that kind of fanwork.

I'm surprised at all the Link x Midna hate on here. It's my probably my favorite pairing aside from Fi x Scrapper. I don't board ships that much. I'll just know what fics and art of mine to warn people for, I guess.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Wtf indeed...the only enemy shipping I think makes an ounce of sense is Demise x Hylia. They're both deities, and there has to be some reason he hates her and her people so much...perhaps they were in a relationship and found out they disagree on a lot, and yeah.

It's not that I hate Link x Midna, it's just that I can't see it happening. *points to op*

Imprisoned

*~German Sparkle Party~*
My personal least favorite is either Shadow x Vaati or Vio x Shadow.

Reasons...
I just don't see it working at all. No matter HOW many pictures I see in Ask blogs. I mean, how??
(Cough maybeit'sjustbecausethey'reallcute cough)

Dan

Another one of my least favorites are Skull kid and Midna, Let's just say I read a fanfiction about the two and I'm now mentally scarred... more than I was.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
Wow, I am seriously surprised nobody has mentioned this but:

LinkxGhirahim

I mean, really? I think it was pretty darn obvious that these two kinda hated each others guts to no end, and yet there are so many fics pairing them up together. I just... don't get it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
LinkxGhirahim

I mean, really? I think it was pretty darn obvious that these two kinda hated each others guts to no end, and yet there are so many fics pairing them up together. I just... don't get it.

I despise the pairing too, but I do think it makes a tiny bit of abstract sense:

Link - to many people including myself - appears as if he has some kinda botox injected into his lips. He is very feminine in appearance, moreso than any previous Link (imo). He never seemed to be in a romantic relationship with anyone; when with Zelda it seemed to me like he was smiling because she was her friend, not because he loves her or anything. In that sense, his sexuality could also be deemed as ambiguous since not attracted to anyone.

Ghirahim with his tongue licking...need I say much more? He's a creeper and he x Link would work in a deranged setting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom