• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda (Poll. Updated) Which Zelda Had the Best Overworld And/or Dark World?

Which Zelda Had the Best Overworld And/or Dark World?

• Skyward Sword

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Minish Cap

• Ocarina of Time

• A Link to the Past

• A Link Between Worlds

• Oracle of Seasons

• Oracle of Ages

• Link's Awakening

• The Legend of Zelda

• Adventure of Link

• Majora's Mask

• Twilight Princess

• Four Swords: Hyrule Adventures

• The Wind Waker

• Phantom Hourglass

• Spirit Tracks

• Total voters
My personal favorite is between Oracle of Ages and A Link to the Past. The 'best' one is probably A Link to the Past, though.

sailormars109

Finding Love by the Moon
I chose Twilight Princess as there is a vast overworld to explore in and there is always something new to discover. I also enjoy how much of the Twilight Realm effects the characters and the gameplay. To me, the Twilight Realm seems to have more depth as a "dark world".

Ocarina_Player

Will play for rupees
I honestly couldn't choose, there is something I like from all of them. I like the expansiveness of WW, The variation in TP, The beauty of SS, all the fun little things in MM, etc.

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
For the best overworld, I don't know. Every overworld had its weaknesses and strengths.
As for the Darkworld, I'd say ALBW had the best. ALTP's Darkworld wasn't bad either, but I like ALBW's take on it better, and TP's Twilight Realm felt like a dungeon rather than a whole other world altogether.

I chose Twilight Princess as there is a vast overworld to explore in and there is always something new to discover. I also enjoy how much of the Twilight Realm effects the characters and the gameplay. To me, the Twilight Realm seems to have more depth as a "dark world".

I actually have to disagree there. I agree that it's probably got the largest overworld in any Zelda game, but I always felt it was also the emptiest to me, outside of the bugs here and there. I kind of view it like screen size vs. pixel density. I'd rather have a 23" monitor in 1080p than a 30" monitor in 720p, if that makes any sense. That's why I'd say Link Between Worlds. I think that game had the most stuff to find per map screen (especially because of the Maimais).

OmenBlite

OmenBlite
I actually have to disagree there. I agree that it's probably got the largest overworld in any Zelda game, but I always felt it was also the emptiest to me, outside of the bugs here and there. I kind of view it like screen size vs. pixel density. I'd rather have a 23" monitor in 1080p than a 30" monitor in 720p, if that makes any sense. That's why I'd say Link Between Worlds. I think that game had the most stuff to find per map screen (especially because of the Maimais).

In such a case, you likely haven't gone exploring... Twilight Princess' overworld is positively brimming with winding caves, hidden grottos, out-of-reach areas, and tons more... including, curiously enough, what I assume to be (read: probably isn't) an old bunker just south of Zora's Domain I found not too far back.

In other words, if you judge an overworld by its collectables, sure, Twilight Princess lags behind; but, personally, discovery in itself is far more rewarding than any bug, maiamai, poe, heart container, or even rupee a game has to offer. And, in terms of that kind of intangible fulfillment, few games, Twilight Princess among them, rise to the occasion.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
This was kind of a trick question. Any Zelda game with a Dual Overworld automatically goes on top in my opinion. as far as recent games go, i feel the handhelds have been coming out on top. MC was amazing, ALBW.... well i might as well not get into that, or this will be a long bias post of praise.

I almost voted for ALttP for obvious reasons, but i decided to go with ALBW due to the fact that they took my favorite Dual Overworld, and updated it, and made it better in almost every way.

Twilight Princess deserve an honorable Mention. As well as OoT. Heck, other than the Sky in SS, i cant think of a Zelda overworld I actually DIDN'T like.

Salem

SICK
I wanna say the one from FSA adventures, but alttp and orignal LoZ come as close seconds, MM's overworld is great as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom