• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Pokemon Delta Emerald Mafia - BMGf Crossover - Endgame - 5/10/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mint Elv

Fish!
Neither does anyone else. Seems kind of selfish. Especially as mason roles aren't as important as some other roles town might have, and even more so since we have 2 mason claims. I'm seriously starting to doubt that you are town despite the mason claims because you have done so many weird things, that it's just hard to believe you're trying to help town out here.
Mason roles only true use is the situation with music.

I honestly don't know why I quoted this but I'm on phone so too much effort to delete.
it's a bad thing because I'm dead

I want to stay alive. I'm not going to pretend that's not a goal of mine. Why wouldn't it? I'd prefer to win, if I can.

and, frankly, I think it's in the town's best interest to keep me and my mason accomplice alive anyway. Funnier is more useful in this game than most townies. And while I'm not always the best at forming leads and whatnot, I'm still doing more than quite a few players.

I might tell you and music more about it later. Like I said, I still don't totally trust you...and I get the sense the feeling is mutual.
No towns best interest is one of you dead because then it confirms the other. Like music. And asking for counterclaims is okay but threatening mafia into attacking roles that can actually get town information doesn't help anyone but mafia.

Also that might be their watcher.
This whole "gathering roles" claim is highly suspect to me. I've never heard of a pair of Masons who could actively communicate with PRs, but maybe they're making use of the OC? If that's the case, then this whole game can be turned up on its head and there's no telling how many of the gathered roles are fake.
It's common in bmg. Annoying but common.
Domo no now im just a named townnie. On a serious note it seems the mafia is going for inactives.
Thank goodness for that. Much better than taking out our active players.
Vote: @Floppolio

This has to happen, and I'm asking everyone to join in. Those who don't are getting placed under on a scumlist and I'll be very thorough in dealing with that. We can't get information otherwise.

My reasoning: Floppolio was the first to vote Lone Garu and didn't say anything since. I'm choosing to target her(?) since she was the only one who hasn't been confirmed yet. And one other reason that's already been hinted at.
I'm curious about what she hasn't been confirmed on and the hinted reason.
Do you really think scum would make a move like this?
Maybe. Jester definitely would.
  1. @funnier6
  2. @EMIYA Shirou
  3. Storm
  4. CheffOfGames Lone_Garurumon
  5. @Pendio
  6. A Link In Time
  7. Mellow Ezlo
  8. @Jamie
  9. Domozilla777
  10. @Minish_Link
  11. @AussieEevee
  12. @musicfan
  13. Feenie
  14. @Midorikawa
  15. @Bok of the Wild
  16. @Floppolio
  17. @Space
  18. YIGAhim
  19. @Finn Bálor
  20. @Libk
  21. Lone_Garurumon
  22. @DarthWolf
  23. @Lilac
  24. @Rainami
  25. @Kuro

The ZD guys were wondering how OC is helpful? This is how!

THANKS TO THE DEATH OF DOMO, MUSICFAN IS NOW CONFIRMED TOWN! ALL PLAYERS MUST CLAIM TO THEM IN PRIVATE! ANY PLAYER WHO DOES NOT CLAIM IS INSTANTLY SUSPECT!

@doctor your next target is musicfan. I don't care who else you think is Town, we know music is Town, and that's much more important.

@musicfan don't tell the thread any specifics on who has claimed to you, but you should tell the game about anything that looks off to you. Duplicate claims, claims that seem unlikely, stuff like that. Don;t give us the specific claims, just give us the players who made them.

This is a process commonly referred to as "Town Leader" patented by Elieson of BMGf. It is stupidly effective, but can only be done with OC.
LG sorry to burst your bubble but that was around before Elie.
The watcher makes it a real threat you see, if they killed one of us we'd know who did it. (It wasn't my idea to tell everyone but Rainy thought it was best)

I happen to believe that certain power roles who may be getting important information are higher on the list to be protected than music.

Also cmon Minish, either you believe us or you don't.
Not really. Watcher could tell anyone their result or just come out in thread. And the role isn't that great honestly. I would say tracker is better. Either way them claiming to you two doesn't mean anything outside of them trusting your claim. Music can get counterclaims and whatnot and help to decide who has a high chance of mafia. And by dissuading mafia from you, you lowered the chances of one of you being proven.

Also the watcher could be mafia. It's decently common on bmg as mafia.
This is why I'm not really digging the whole OC thing. People have information that others don't, and then make vague votes based on that. I can't do anything with that if you can't convince me why someone is suspicious. I understand all the people receiving info feel they have reasons to suspect the people they do, but the rest of us don't know what that is and can't just blindly trust people who claim to have inconsistent information. I'm not too keen on voting someone just based on how others interpret things they've learned.

It's annoying, but no case should be made off of: information. They should be announcing the information. Ex: thy were seen visiting, they came up godfather, etc.

If someone doesn't tell the reason then they don't deserve to be followed.

D

Deleted member 14134

I'm starting to lose interest in this game as I feel like half the game is being played in OC and I feel suddenly alot less effective than normal. I'll keep my vote on floppolio since it seems that she's getting cut today and apparently there's a foolproof plan in place.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
I'm starting to lose interest in this game as I feel like half the game is being played in OC and I feel suddenly alot less effective than normal. I'll keep my vote on floppolio since it seems that she's getting cut today and apparently there's a foolproof plan in place.

I'm honestly starting to find posts like these irritating. Bulbagarden is just trying to cooperate with us by sharing a style they use in their Mafia games hence the point of the crossover. We're trying to get our forums interested in each other, and posts like that are counter-productive. I personally find OC very useful and informative. If you don't want to take advantage of it, then you're only putting yourself at a disadvantage and you have no one to blame for that but yourself.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Rant aside, I dont like this random bus for Floppolio, Music did Emiya claim to you? Assuming he did, how do you feel about it?

D

Deleted member 14134

I'm honestly starting to find posts like these irritating. Bulbagarden is just trying to cooperate with us by sharing a style they use in their Mafia games hence the point of the crossover. We're trying to get our forums interested in each other, and posts like that are counter-productive. I personally find OC very useful and informative. If you don't want to take advantage of it, then you're only putting yourself at a disadvantage and you have no one to blame for that but yourself.
Or maybe I'm not one of the few people that are practically confirmed town and gathering all the information while everyone else is left in the dark. Idk what everyone's role is. I'm not going to reach out to people I have no way of trusting and expect them to trust me back. If the information is in the open everyone benefits from it, not just the handful of people who have collected it all and are now trying to solve the game on their own.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
Or maybe I'm not one of the few people that are practically confirmed town and gathering all the information while everyone else is left in the dark. Idk what everyone's role is. I'm not going to reach out to people I have no way of trusting and expect them to trust me back. If the information is in the open everyone benefits from it, not just the handful of people who have collected it all and are now trying to solve the game on their own.

Being "practically confirmed" and actually being confirmed are two different things. How exactly is it bad to have a confirmed townie gather information and be protected while cross referencing, opposed to tossing it into the air for scum to have free reign as well? You are still a possible scum candidate until you flip, 99% means nothing.

D

Deleted member 14134

Being "practically confirmed" and actually being confirmed are two different things. How exactly is it bad to have a confirmed townie gather information and be protected while cross referencing, opposed to tossing it into the air for scum to have free reign as well? You are still a possible scum candidate until you flip, 99% means nothing.
I didn't say it's bad I just think it's boring that all the solving is left up to a few people who hold all the info. Also

Lily

Mischievous Minx
I didn't say it's bad I just think it's boring that all the solving is left up to a few people who hold all the info.

If it's boring then change things up and take a new approach instead of being stuck in the same old ways. People like you who are used to the same players every Mafia game are going to struggle against veterans of another playstyle. Also you know why I'm annoyed, and you're actively ignoring it.

Mint Elv

Fish!
@Bok of the Wild just because music has claims doesn't mean we leave the game up to them. And what makes you confirmed anyways? Nothing.

And instead of complaining about oc: scumhunt in thread. Yes there is oc and stuff is going to get done with that. But that doesn't mean we should sit on our hands and do nothing. I'm currently waiting on a response from the hosts about something before I place my vote. I'm not going to wait for music to say jump, so you shouldn't either.

Look trough and decide who you think is scum and then push for their lynch. Mafia are going to lie to music so we stil l have to scumhunt. And town leaders don't always make good choices so we have to scumhunt to make sure they don't cost us the game if their choices are poor.

Mint Elv

Fish!
When did I say I was confirmed?
Sorry misread one of your posts.

Btw you talked about exchanging information with someone you don't trust. That's part of the fun with oc is taking risks. Exchanging claims, telling someone you got a cop check on them, or even lying for information.

I think with double masons and double rolecop that this game will have quite a few more obscure roles and that makes it fun because it ruins the mascaim. If it was simple then the massclaim would be annoying. Technically still is but is leas annoying this time.

And this is much better than old twr. We used to be so much more oc heavy.

Rainami

locked away
I don't know of any foolproof plan

I'm disappointed to see the mixed reception ZD seems to have to OC, I've acknowledged it has negative aspects but I've come to prefer it overall.

then again, I have little experience playing games without OC.

Lily

Mischievous Minx
I don't know of any foolproof plan

I'm disappointed to see the mixed reception ZD seems to have to OC, I've acknowledged it has negative aspects but I've come to prefer it overall.

then again, I have little experience playing games without OC.

I'm disappointed in my own forum mates, some of them I should specify. I like the OC option.

D

Deleted member 14134

Flopolio - 4 (Emiya, bok, space, rainami )
Space - 2 (funnier, kuro)
Emiya - 1 (garumon)

I think this is were we're at.

D

Deleted member 14134

@EMIYA Shirou Does it have to be floppolio or can we possibly get a better option than her? I feel like this wagon kind of built up based on your initial idea rather than because people find her scummy. I thought the day ended today which is why I kept my vote on so for now

Unvote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom