• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Versions Discussion Thread

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
the berry growing in XY was bittersweet.

sticker,375x360.png

-------------

The thing I'm most excited for in this game is being able to actually see what Hoenn is supposed to look like because, as Cass said, it really didn't feel like a tropical island in the GBA games. It will be really cool to see the tropical environment in 3D.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I'm really excited for SECRET BASES! O.O
Can YOU EVEN IMAGINE the freedom they could include!?
They could take the customization to a NEW LEVEL!!! >: D

By the way, why isn't this thread Sticky?
You think this would be one of the most important ones in "The World of Pokemon" at the moment.

Fig

The Altruist
New information about Pokemon OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire just got revealed!
july_corocoro1.jpg

july_corocoro2-1024x768.jpg

july_corocoro3-576x1024.jpg

july_corocoro4.jpg

Serebii said:
Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire- CoroCoro Reveals
The next batch of CoroCoro information has been posted to Japanese forums and this batch showcases more information about the upcoming games. This reveals Mega Sceptile, Swampert and Diancie. Mega Sceptile is Grass/Dragon-type while the others maintain their type. Mega Diancie's ability is currently listed as ??? while Mega Sceptile has Lightning Rod and Mega Swampert has the ability Swift Swim. Groudon & Kyogre's new "Mega Evolutions" are known as Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Groudon & Primal/Prehistoric/Primeval Kyogre and are said to be a regression. Steven Stone returns and also appears to have a Mega Charizard X and is after the secret for Mega Evolution
Both the Mach and Acro Bike make a return in this game and Team Aqua & Team Magma both return as well. Team Magma is lead once again by Maxie, and his Admins: Tabitha & Courtney. Team Aqua is lead by Archie and his admins Matt and Shelley, all of whom have been redesigned. Like the originals the team you face varies depending upon the game The Mega Evolution activating item in this game is the Mega Bangle.

New information has finally been reaching our way now! I can't believe of all of the detail we just got! While it is a remake of Ruby/Sapphire these new designs are really making the game look and possibly feel more different that the originals. More information might be on our way as E3 heads our way!

Source: Serebii.net

Last edited:

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ugh, Mega Swampert's design is hideous. What the heck is up with it's arms? Eugh. I really like Mega Sceptile's design, though. I was gonna choose Treecko anyway but now I have even more reason to do so. I'm really looking forward to the wheelies with the Acro Bike. I also wanna know more about secret bases, like Akuhime-sama mentioned. As far as Brendan and May's redesigns go, I'm not really feeling them that much. I think I like Brendan's old design better. The gameplay looks like it's the same as in X and Y based on the screenshots, though, and I like that. I'm still really hoping for clothing customization to be carried over. Also... What the heck is a Diancie?

Hmm.... Mega-Swampert looks like the Igor armor from Iron Man to me, haha. It looks like a very, very bulky Pokemon, which is appropriate since Swampert has mainly always been about falling into the "bulky-water" trope anyway. I do like Sceptile's design a good bit more, although it's still not the best thing in the world for sure. Still going to be picking Treeko.

May looks cute with the bow, and I'm glad we can finally tell that Brendan is wearing a hat instead of his hair being white, haha. Altogether I'm digging the new designs.

pkfroce

Skelepuns
OMG MEGA SWAMPERT IS HIDEOUS. But I'm still choosing Mudkip because I love you my baby. My friend heard that Mega Swampert's Ability is Swift Swim. And judging by its appearance and normal stats, Mega Swampert could easily tank any neutral attack to set up a Rain Dance and then BOOM KILL EVERYTHING.

Fig

The Altruist
I do have to admit that I was rather indifferent when it came to Mega Swampert's design. Is it terrible? Not really, it's much better than both of Mewtwo's Mega in my honest opinion. Could it have been better? Probably but in retrospect, it makes sense since I always considered Swampert to be a bulky water Pokemon which this design perfectly illustrates in that aspect. I am personally enjoying the redesigns of Brendan and May as they look more appealing and fit better for their home region which is Hoenn. They look like they are summer clothing and considering that Hoenn is (in)famous for it's water terrains, it makes sense that they are designed to be that way, heck Brendan even received a tan! I'm loving the information that was revealed by CoroCoro and I do hope we get more information at E3!

Also... What the heck is a Diancie?

Diancie is a new legendary Pokemon that is also part of the Kalos Pokedex. The thing is, you can't obtain Diancie without the use of an action replay as it is an event Pokemon and with the new Pokemon movie coming out in Japan during the summer, we'll probably get more information on this Pokemon.
250px-719Diancie.png

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
I just now got a look at the new info.

Sceptile's gonna be so friggin' badass now, even more than before. Lightningrod. HECK YES. Yes, even without it it would have still been 4x resistant to Electric, but this makes him even more useful. True, you can't utilize Unburden with a Mega Stone, so it's not the most useful setup for Mega's (like Intimidate and then Huge Power for my favorite Mega Evo), but still, Lightningrod will definitely see use from me on the competitive field.

Mega Swampert is about what I'd expected him to be. Another huge tank like with Mega Aggron that accentuates that aspect of him. Though I don't get why he's getting Swift Swim, Bulletproof would have made more sense.

May's definitely going more for the summer look with the shorter hair in the back and smaller shorts. I like it, it fits in better with Hoenn's warmer setting. And Brendan's just as awesome as ever, I can't wait til I'm running around in 3-D with that awesome hat-hair thing.

It also looks like the villains have gotten a redesign. Awesome. Archie's utilizing capes in his design instead of just being pirates, and he's got a cute-looking lady and a beefcake for new admins. Max just put on some glasses like a boss. Some slight redesigns for his lackeys too, with his IT manager promoted to Admin and- wait, that girl has purple hair. And Tabitha the dude from back in Emerald had purple hair. That means......... Ten bucks says Tabitha finally went through with that sex change.

*EDIT* Wait I'm an idiot, I didn't read all the way through that post. Turns out the IT manager IS Tabitha, and that girl's name's Courtney. Dang, he put on a few pounds over the years.... and also I'm short ten bucks now. Great.

Last edited:

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I can't freaking wait for this game now!

I was expecting Mega Sceptile, but I'm not sure I was really expecting Mega Swampert. But now that I've seen both of them, I approve! Treecko was going to be my starter originally, but mostly for nostalgia reasons. Now I know I'm picking it anyway if only for the new badass mega evo!

I don't know what I'd do if there was no Smash Bros. this summer to keep me occupied while I impatiently wait for these games to release. I'm so freaking excited now, omg!

EDIT: I think I liked Maxie better without the glasses though... idk.

Fig

The Altruist
Mega Sableye just got confirmed to receive a Mega Evolution!
[video=youtube;GhBSCthYTLE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhBSCthYTLE[/video]

sableye.jpg
megasableye1.jpg
megasableye2.jpg
megasableye3.jpg

Serebii said:
The Pokémon Company International has just uploaded a new trailer that features a brand new Mega Evolution, Mega Sableye has been revealed at the Nintendo's Kids Conference at E3 today in Los Angeles. It is said that Mega Sableye uses the jewel as a powerful defensive tool in battle. From behind the shelter of the jewel, it can readily exploit the opponent’s weaknesses and take advantage of any openings. It is said that the jewel hardens into such strength that no attack can even make a scratch!

This is a mega that I have been wanting since Mega Mawile was first announced. It makes perfect sense too since Mawile and Sableye are exclusive Pokemon in Ruby and Sapphire respectively! Hopefully we get more information on Mega Sableye soon! Hopefully we get more information on Mega Sableye such as its stats, typing which would probably be still Dark/Ghost, and of course its ability. Keep checking the official Pokemon website for more details.
Source: Serebii.net, Pokemon.com

Last edited:

Akuhime-sama

Ugh, Mega Swampert's design is hideous.
I agree 100% xD
But I also think the whole Mudkip chain is hideous...even before megas

Also... What the heck is a Diancie?
One of the three secret Legendaries. The "event" Legendaries. (Like Darkrai, Cresselia, and Shaymin, but 6th gen)
The other two are Volcanion and Hoopa. (or something like that)
Image in spoiler below:
maxresdefault.jpg

Akuhime-sama

Sweet. Do you have to obtain a Diancie in X/Y then trade it over or something?

Again, Why isn't this thread sticky!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom