• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Versions Discussion Thread

Fig

The Altruist
This thread will be dedicated to the upcoming installments to the Pokémon franchise , Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire Versions. Everyone has been wanting and waiting for a remake of Gen III, and now we will able to obtain these versions this November! This thread is for all official news, discussions, and speculations about the Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire!

article_post_width_pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire-main-169-us.jpg

Right now Gian is hosting his Live Stream right now if you guys want to already participate in what to expect for the gameplay and footage for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Announcement Trailer
Sneak Peak Footage Trailer
E3 2014/Primal Groudon & Primal Kyorge Trailer
Mega Sableye Trailer
New Hoenn Adventure/Mega Diancie Trailer
Mega Metagross Trailer

Screenshots:
May 10th/11th 2014
Groudon
groudon1.jpg
groudon2.jpg
groudon3.jpg
Kyogre
kyogre1.jpg
kyogre2.jpg
kyogre3.jpg

June 10th 2014
Primal Groundon
groudonbattle1.jpg
groudonbattle2.jpg
groudonbattle3.jpg
groudonbattle4.jpg
groudonbattle5.jpg
groudonbattle6.jpg
groudonbattle7.jpg
groudonbattle8.jpg

Primal Kyogre
kyogrebattle1.jpg
kyogrebattle2.jpg
kyogrebattle3.jpg
kyogrebattle4.jpg
kyogrebattle5.jpg
kyogrebattle6.jpg
kyogrebattle7.jpg
kyogrebattle8.jpg
Overworld
megacharizard1.jpg
megacharizard2.jpg
beautifly1.jpg
beautifly2.jpg
steven1.jpg
steven2.jpg
caveoforiginor.jpg
caveoforiginas.jpg
peeko.jpg

June 11th 2014
Sableye/Mega Sableye
sableye.jpg
megasableye1.jpg
megasableye2.jpg
megasableye3.jpg

June 12th 2014
Treecko/Sceptile/Mega Sceptile
treecko1.jpg
treecko2.jpg
treecko3.jpg
treecko4.jpg
treecko5.jpg
sceptile1.jpg
sceptile2.jpg
sceptile3.jpg
sceptile3.jpg
megasceptile1.jpg
megasceptile2.jpg
megasceptile3.jpg
megasceptile4.jpg
megasceptile5.jpg
megasceptile6.jpg
megasceptile7.jpg
Torchic/Blaziken/Mega Blaziken
torchic1.jpg
torchic2.jpg
torchic3.jpg
torchic4.jpg
torchic5.jpg
blaziken1.jpg
blaziken2.jpg
blaziken3.jpg
blaziken4.jpg
megablaziken1.jpg
megablaziken2.jpg
megablaziken3.jpg
megablaziken4.jpg
megablaziken5.jpg
megablaziken6.jpg
megablaziken7.jpg
megablaziken8.jpg
megablaziken9.jpg
Mudkip/Swampert/Mega Swampert
mudkip1.jpg
mudkip2.jpg
mudkip3.jpg
mudkip4.jpg
mudkip5.jpg
swampert1.jpg
swampert2.jpg
swampert3.jpg
swampert4.jpg
megaswampert1.jpg
megaswampert2.jpg
megaswampert3.jpg
megaswampert4.jpg
megaswampert5.jpg
megaswampert6.jpg
megaswampert7.jpg
Mega Sableye
megasableye4.jpg
megasableye5.jpg
megasableye6.jpg
Mega Diancie
megadiancie1.jpg
megadiancie2.jpg
megadiancie3.jpg
megadiancie4.jpg
megadiancie5.jpg
megadiancie6.jpg
megadiancie7.jpg
Evolving Sequence
evolve1.jpg
evolve2.jpg
evolve3.jpg
evolve4.jpg
evolve5.jpg
evolve6.jpg
Trading Sequence
trade1.jpg
trade2.jpg
trade3.jpg
trade4.jpg
Battle
battle1.jpg
battle2.jpg
Protagonist/Overworld
brendan1.jpg
brendan2.jpg
may1.jpg
may2.jpg
selection.jpg
badgecase.jpg
capture1.jpg
capture2.jpg
capture3.jpg
capture4.jpg
capture5.jpg
capture6.jpg
rustboro1.jpg
rustboro2.jpg
trainer1.jpg
trainer2.jpg
trainer3.jpg
littleroottown.jpg
oldaletown.jpg
acrobike1.jpg
acrobike2.jpg
acrobike3.jpg
machbike4.jpg
machbike1.jpg
machbike2.jpg
machbike3.jpg
Steven Stone
steven3.jpg
steven4.jpg
steven5.jpg
steven6.jpg
Team Magma
magma1.jpg
magma2.jpg
magma3.jpg
magma4.jpg
magma5.jpg
magma6.jpg
Team Aqua
aqua1.jpg
aqua2.jpg
aqua3.jpg
aqua4.jpg
aqua5.jpg
aqua6.jpg

July 8th 2014
Secret Bases
secretbase1.jpg
secretbase2.jpg
secretbase3.jpg
secretbase4.jpg
secretbase5.jpg
secretbase6.jpg
secretbase7.jpg
secretbase8.jpg
secretbase9.jpg
secretbase10.jpg
secretbase11.jpg
secretbase12.jpg
secretbase13.jpg
secretbase14.jpg
secretbase15.jpg
secretbase16.jpg
secretbase17.jpg
secretbase18.jpg
secretbase19.jpg
secretbase20.jpg
secretbase21.jpg
secretbase22.jpg
secretbase23.jpg
secretbase24.jpg
secretbase25.jpg
secretbase26.jpg
secretbase27.jpg
Meeting Aarune
aarune1.jpg
aarune2.jpg
aarune3.jpg

July 14th
Mega Metagross
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
Mega Diancie
63.jpg
64.jpg
65.jpg
66.jpg
67.jpg
68.jpg
69.jpg
70.jpg
71.jpg
72.jpg
73.jpg
Roxanne/ VS Roxanne
81.jpg
82.jpg
74.jpg
75.jpg
76.jpg
77.jpg
78.jpg
Brawly/VS Brawly
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
79.jpg
80.jpg
83.jpg
84.jpg
Wattson/VS Wattson
20.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
85.jpg
86.jpg
87.jpg
Flannery/VS Flannery
26.jpg
25.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
88.jpg
89.jpg
90.jpg
Norman/VS Norman
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg
91.jpg
92.jpg
93.jpg
Sidney/VS Sidney
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
94.jpg
95.jpg
96.jpg
Phoebe/VS Phoebe
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
97.jpg
98.jpg
99.jpg
Contest Pikachu
37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg
42.jpg
Zangoose and Seviper
43.jpg
44.jpg
44.jpg
49.jpg
50.jpg
51.jpg
55.jpg
56.jpg
57.jpg
58.jpg
59.jpg
60.jpg
61.jpg
62.jpg
Professor Birch
45.jpg
46.jpg
47.jpg
48.jpg
Treecko Evolving
52.jpg
53.jpg
54.jpg

Special Thanks to Serebii for uploading screenshots!

Last edited:

Triforce Hermit

Praise the Sun
Japan and Europe receive colored cases, America is going to get plain white boxes (Proof is in the videos above. American trailer has plain cases, Japanese countdown has colored cases). This is speculated of course, but its seems likely.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
That live stream was a complete tease, I can't believe I watched a man in a pink suit raid a boy's house for Pokémon and then take a bath -- all of that for 4 seconds of footage.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Nice to see some footage, even if it was brief. Though, I admit I would've liked more... Regardless, that was really cool footage we saw! I can't express in words how stoked I am to explore Hoenn in glorious 3D!

TriFiERCE

Fury, Spirit, and Will
If that footage is not a cutscene, then I believe they where subtly showcasing that Pokemon now react to terrain during battle. Notice that both Kyogre and Groudon are actually in the water. Prior to this Pokemon have always battled above water. If you know what I mean.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
Well, atm there isn't much to discuss, but the above theory is interesting. Maybe we'll see Sea Battles as a variant of Sky Battles.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Well, atm there isn't much to discuss, but the above theory is interesting. Maybe we'll see Sea Battles as a variant of Sky Battles.

That could be a really cool concept, actually. The trainer stands on the shore or something, while his/her Pokemon have an underwater battle. Underwater Battling is something I've wanted to see for a long time.

Of course, it isn't confirmed that such a thing is in the game, but I would absolutely love to see it!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
If that footage is not a cutscene, then I believe they where subtly showcasing that Pokemon now react to terrain during battle. Notice that both Kyogre and Groudon are actually in the water. Prior to this Pokemon have always battled above water. If you know what I mean.

My guess is those scenes are from the opening sequence for each game.

What I'm looking forward to seeing is the various features of Gen III showcased, like the Acro Bike's wheelies. I want to see stuff like that. Seeing how dive battles could work is also interesting to me. What I really want to know, though, is if they'll keep the outfit customization from Gen VI for these remakes. That would make me very happy. I also want to see what the characters will look like; if it will be Brendan and May (and if their character designs will be updated) or if it will be two new characters. I'm looking forward to stuff like that more than I am seeing how the region looks in 3D. I hope some of that stuff will be unveiled soon.

Fig

The Altruist
Because the game is confirmed to be a remake of Gen III, I really am going to be excited when the official art and redesigns for this remake. I really can't wait to see the redesigns of Brendan and May, however this is one thing that is concerning me. If we go back to remakes of FireRed/LeafGreen and HeartGold/SoulSilver, one protagonist has received a huge redesign, being Red and Kris/Lyra. With this in mind, I personally feel that Brendan will be the one who will heavily be redesigned as most people either disliked his hair hat or weren't even aware that he had a hat and considered it his natural hair.

As shown in the official box art for Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, both Groudon and Kyorge have slight changes in their appearance compared to their original artwork. This can mean two things, form changes or mega evolutions. Both are quite plausible as either can explain a reasoning behind them. Since Pokemon Platinum and onwards Giratina was able to change between its Origin Form and Altered Forme whether you gave Giratina to hold the Griseous orb. While its stats were unaffected when in its Origin Forme, it did allow the lore of Giratina to be further develop. Since it's confirmed that Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes of the same world from Ruby and Sapphire and not an after-gen like Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, it would make sense that these new designs of Groudon and Kyorge are just form changes instead of mega evolutions since remakes tend to follow the original's format, just updating to today's capabilities with the current system, in this case the 3DS. While I am all for mega evolutions of Groudon and Kyorge, I believe they will be unhealthy for the competitive scene as they are already considered high threats by themselves. Well just have to wait and see and hopefully get more news at E3.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

[video=youtube;vN7-1Lti2bw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vN7-1Lti2bw[/video]

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!?!?

"A new trademark has been discovered as being registered by Nintendo, GameFreak and Creatures Inc. in Japan. This trademark is for デルタエメラルド Delta Emerald. In addition to this, in the US, at the same time as the Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire domains were registered, one was registered for Pokémon Delta Emerald. This trademark registration is not likely to be indicative of a game release, but rather covering bases in a similar manner to the registration of Pokémon Water Blue back in 2004 and numerous other Pokémon names over the past 10 years including Pokémon Grey. We'll bring more as it comes"
~Serebii

Yeah, I figured. I don't see why they wouldn't just made Emerald the remake to begin with, given that it's effectively a combination of Ruby & Sapphire. I expect OR/AS to have Emerald elements in them.

Last edited:

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
To be honest, I am really excited for berry growing. I don't know if I already mentioned this, but the berry growing in XY was bittersweet. I like growing berries, but keeping track of all the separate plots across the region was part of the fun. I also am incredibly excited to see if they make Hoenn look prettier. Hoeen is a tropical region, but in RSE I just didn't get that feel.

I'm not, however, excited for the poor nonsensical plot. Team Farmers and Team Fisherman duking it out in an economic and environmental battle for the ages.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom