• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Versions Discussion Thread

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No... I can't believe that... I choose not to accept that they waste Megas on crappy Pokemon that are still gonna be crappy after they evolve and not using them on, oh, I don't know, OTHER STARTERS???

Or maybe other BA Pokemon like friggin Luxray or some crap. Mega Luxray would be my new favorite Pokemon of all time. Nobody gives a crap about Audino and giving her a Mega doesn't make us care... Sigh -_- Oh well

Chill. We're not gonna get any more Mega starters until Gen VII rolls around (most likely Johto's), and the entire point of Mega Evolution is to add more diversity to the metagame by both bringing Pokemon that used to be top-tier back into the spotlight and making Pokemon that used to be worthless actually good. Surely you haven't forgotten about Mega Mawile?

Also, this image is just too hilarious not to post:

1f6658056261efac.png

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
The new CoroCoro has revealed three new Megas -- the long-awaited Camerupt, Sharpedo, and Gallade!

corocoro10145.jpg

corocoro10144.jpg

corocoro10142.jpg

It is currently unknown what Ability & stat changes Mega Gallade has (though I'm sure we'll learn soon), but we know that Mega Camerupt has Sheer Force with a decrease in Speed, but boosts in every other stat, and that Mega Sharpedo has Strong Jaw with boosts in all stats.

In addition, Primal Kyogre & Groudon's Abilities have been revealed, and they are called Rain of Beginnings and Land of Endings. They produce an effect called Strong Rain & Strong Sunlight respectively, though it is unknown what they do right now. I think it's pretty easy to deduce that they will activate permaweather, though.

This post will be updated as soon as we learn more info.

One thing I thought of for Mega Gallade is for him to gain a unique Ability that makes slashing moves (Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, etc.) deal 1.5x more damage -- like a variation of Strong Jaw -- in addition to boosts in Attack & Speed. Perhaps call the Ability Sharp Blade, or something. It'd increase his coverage tremendously, as he has all three of the aforementioned moves, as well as X-Scissor & Slash (though the latter is rather useless in the modern metagame), and he'd effectively gain Adaptability for Psycho Cut. It would also fit him thematically.

Super Luck would also work very nicely, as he has a grand total of 5 moves that have a high crit ratio (Psycho Cut, Night Slash, Leaf Blade, Stone Edge, and Slash), allowing him to land crits 50% of the time with them. Gallade to Super Luck is what Scizor is to Technician.

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
again no mega chandelure

why gamefreak

Live with it. It'll happen eventually.

Mega Gallade is confirmed to have Inner Focus as his Ability. Nice job, Game Freak. Let's NOT give him an Ability that he'll benefit from! <_________<

I was hoping I'd totally called that unique Ability thing, but NOPE! *sigh*

In other news, Serebii also reports that: "[CoroCoro] also states about the demo version of the game. You will see a Mega Evolution for the first time in this demo, and you can then transfer it, as well as items you collect, over to the main games when they are released. It is also hinted that, if you play the demo every day, something special will happen."

That's pretty cool, at least.

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
New trailer is up! Sorry for the lack of my input of the recent news, but I promise a huge analysis will be posted later on today! Until then check out this new trailer!
[video=youtube;HuaL_hMpPaM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuaL_hMpPaM[/video]

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
So there was a new trailer today...

[video=youtube;RFvxSvPIw5c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFvxSvPIw5c&channel=pokemon[/video]

Narration by me:

[video=youtube;R4ZgSMb0zbE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4ZgSMb0zbE[/video]

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I just got sent a demo download code by Nintendo Australia. But I have exams :/ one more week and I'll be giving it a go :)

Nintendo Australia said:
You have been selected to receive a special demo version of Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire!

The Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire Special Demo Version features gameplay that you won't experience anywhere else. During the course of this early adventure, you are likely to encounter a familiar Pokémon that can now Mega Evolve. What's more, this Mega-Evolved Pokémon can be brought into the full Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire games. Reward items obtained during the Special Demo Version adventure can also be brought into the full game.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom