• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Versions Discussion Thread

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
It works with StreetPass and individual codes.

Secret Bases can be used via StreePass and QR codes. Much like when sending a Mii or sending clothing in Animal Crossing, you can provide a QR code for those to scan it using the 3DS system in order to obtain said item. Thus this means if JWittz or any other Pokemon celebrity distributes their own respective QR code, you can scan it and keep it forever based on how it was detailed in the official Pokemon website.

Ah... I see.

Fig

The Altruist
A new trailer from the Japanese arm of the Pokemon company has put out another trailer, this time focusing on the secret bases. While there is nothing new or ground breaking to witness throughout the trailer, it really is neat to see the concepts of the secret bases go into fuller detail.
[video=youtube;0hb2bAgT5PI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hb2bAgT5PI[/video]

Last edited:

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
A new trailer from the Japanese arm of the Pokemon company has put out another trailer, this time focusing on the secret basis.

*bases

Also, I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!

give_it_to_me_stephen_colbert.gif

Fig

The Altruist
New Screenshots have been uploaded!

July 8th 2014

Secret Bases
secretbase1.jpg
secretbase2.jpg
secretbase3.jpg
secretbase4.jpg
secretbase5.jpg
secretbase6.jpg
secretbase7.jpg
secretbase8.jpg
secretbase9.jpg
secretbase10.jpg
secretbase11.jpg
secretbase12.jpg
secretbase13.jpg
secretbase14.jpg
secretbase15.jpg
secretbase16.jpg
secretbase17.jpg
secretbase18.jpg
secretbase19.jpg
secretbase20.jpg
secretbase21.jpg
secretbase22.jpg
secretbase23.jpg
secretbase24.jpg
secretbase25.jpg
secretbase26.jpg
secretbase27.jpg
Meeting Aarune
aarune1.jpg
aarune2.jpg
aarune3.jpg

July 14th

Mega Metagross
1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
Mega Diancie
63.jpg
64.jpg
65.jpg
66.jpg
67.jpg
68.jpg
69.jpg
70.jpg
71.jpg
72.jpg
73.jpg
Roxanne/ VS Roxanne
81.jpg
82.jpg
74.jpg
75.jpg
76.jpg
77.jpg
78.jpg
Brawly/VS Brawly
16.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
19.jpg
79.jpg
80.jpg
83.jpg
84.jpg
Wattson/VS Wattson
20.jpg
22.jpg
23.jpg
24.jpg
85.jpg
86.jpg
87.jpg
Flannery/VS Flannery
26.jpg
25.jpg
27.jpg
28.jpg
29.jpg
30.jpg
31.jpg
88.jpg
89.jpg
90.jpg
Norman/VS Norman
32.jpg
33.jpg
34.jpg
35.jpg
36.jpg
91.jpg
92.jpg
93.jpg
Sidney/VS Sidney
12.jpg
13.jpg
14.jpg
15.jpg
94.jpg
95.jpg
96.jpg
Phoebe/VS Phoebe
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg
97.jpg
98.jpg
99.jpg
Contest Pikachu
37.jpg
38.jpg
39.jpg
40.jpg
41.jpg
42.jpg
Zangoose and Seviper
43.jpg
44.jpg
44.jpg
49.jpg
50.jpg
51.jpg
55.jpg
56.jpg
57.jpg
58.jpg
59.jpg
60.jpg
61.jpg
62.jpg
Professor Birch
45.jpg
46.jpg
47.jpg
48.jpg
Treecko Evolving
52.jpg
53.jpg
54.jpg

Special Thanks to Serebii for uploading these screenshots. OP will be updated with screenshots for convenience.

Snow Queen

Mannceaux Signature Collection
I see the battle backgrounds, and all I can say is that those trees look FANTASTIC. Pheobe looks really cute this time around. Mega Metagross is much bigger than I thought he was initially.

My favorite part of the trailer was probably getting to finally see some of the Gym Leader designs. And, altogether, I think they're pretty awesome. I really like how more personality seems to be in the concept art themselves, making Brawly seem like a bodybuilding meat head, and Roxanne like a stern school teacher. Of course, Flannery is the best of all of them, and it's great to see that her fiery persona is back in full forced. I wonder why reveal Elite Four art before all the gym leaders though? I'm thinking it's because they probably want to emphasize that E4s will most likely be using Megas this time around, which is great and hopefully adds some much needed challenge after the snooze-fest difficulty XY had.

Also really hyped to see Metagross apparently gets a significant speed boost in its Mega. I originally bred and EV trained my Metagross with max speed and Agility, so maybe he'll do much better with a mega stone as opposed to the Assault Vest I've been slapping on him lately.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I see Birch has been packing on the pounds.
Couldn't resist those Pokepuffs, eh?

Well, going off of the sprite:
Birch.gif
I never thought of him as that big a dude.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Mega Altaria and Mega Lopunny confirmed

10494681_685334048219552_5472738922901272871_n.jpg

M-Altaria will have the ability Pixillate and will have Dragon/Fairy typing.

M-Lopunny will have the ability Scrappy and will have Normal/Fighting typing.

MEGA SALAMENCE CONFIRMED

10521528_10152599637997390_9188991164376266257_n.jpg

Ability: Aerilate

Type: Dragon/Flying

Last edited:

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
Mega Salamance looks awesome. Looking forward to trying the games out, and I feel like I'm maybe one of the few people who actually like the new Pikachu costumes.

Fig

The Altruist
Corocoro has revealed more information towards several Japanese forums and its seems that Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Salamence have been confirmed for new Mega Evolutions for the upcoming OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire games!
corocoro9141.jpg
corocoro9142.jpg
corocoro9144.jpg
corocoro9143.jpg
corocoro9145.jpg
corocoro9146.jpg
In this reveal, Mega Altaria becomes a Dragon/Fairy Dual-Type with Pixilate and Mega Lopunny becomes a Normal/Fighting Dual-Type with Scrappy. Mega Salamence will retain its Dragon/Flying Dual-Type and will receive the ability Aerilate. It has also been confirmed that players can change your Pikachu's clothes for contests and gains special moves in the process. Pikachu Rock Star gets the move Meteor Mash, Pikachu Ph. D knows Electric Terrain, Pikachu Pop Star knows Draining Kiss, Pikachu Belle knows Icicle Crash and Pikachu Libre knows Flying Press. Players will also be able to receive a shiny Beldum through an in-game event and the Beldum will have the Mega Stone for Metagross. No stat changes have been revealed yet for the three brand new Mega Evolutions, but it is indeed safe to say that Mega Altaria will be a huge havoc on the competitive scene. More information will be posted when more news has been revealed.

No stat changes have been revealed yet for the two brand new Mega Evolutions, but it is indeed safe to say that Mega Altaria will be a huge havoc on the competitive scene. More information will be posted when more news has been revealed.

This is really great to see be revealed! I was expecting several of these Mega Evolutions Pokemon such as Salamence but I wasn't expecting Mega Altaria nor Mega Lopunny! Mega Lopunny is the real surprise since this is the first Gen IV Mega Evolution revealed after the announcement of OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire. This potentially opens the flood gates of what other Gen IV and maybe Gen V Pokemon are going to be revealed later on. If it's Gen IV, I wan to see a Mega Luxray, Mega Roserade, Mega Floatzel, Mega Staraptor, and Mega Arceus (come on GameFreak you can literally make him a god-tier Pokemon). I'm really loving these Mega Evolutions as they really look fleshed out! Hopefully we can learn about their stats in the near future!

Last edited:

Fig

The Altruist
Alongside the reveal of Mega Altaria, Mega Lopunny, and Mega Salanmence, CoroCoro has released more information across Japanese forums this time focusing more on Contests and Feebas. Pokemon OmegaRuby & AlphaSapphire will mark the return of contests since haven't appeared in a Pokemon game since Pokemon Platinum was released back in 2009. Contests will remain the same in terms of functionality and how moves are given a category from five different contest categories: Cool, Beauty, Cute, Smart, and Tough. The following image furthers the images showcased yesterday and focuses more about Pokemon Contests. This image shows the in-game images of the Contest Hal, details how Feebas's evolution is based on contests, and confirms that you can Mega Evolve during the contests. When you Mega Evolve, it boosts the Excite Meter & Appeal in the Contests, however can only be done when the Excite Meter is full.
corocoro9147.jpg
It really is great that GameFreak is trying to bring more appeal to these contests as a majority of the Pokemon community disregarded the contests in general. My only problem is that Feebas now has its evolution based on contests just during Gens III and IV. It seems the only to evolve Feebas is to increase its Beauty category to the highest level, which is very time consuming considering how much planning and luck has to go into these contests. That said, I have a feeling that this is sorta hinting to a Mega Evolution for Milotic, the evolution of Feebas. It's a possibility and considering that you can Mega Evolve during a contest, I think this is just foreshadowing that we might see a Mega Milotic very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom