• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Please Stop with the SS Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
A business move yes, but a stupid one. Like I said, they could have waited until the game was actually released before revealing the ending. I'd mug someone for the game before I even saw a spoiler. A true Zelda fan wouldn't need all this information released and would have been just fine with the little bit beforehand. From the reactions I've seen of people, even before all the spoilers released this week, the anticipation for this game was through the roof for quite some time. This tells me that regardless of all the information revealed, people would have been just as excited. This would mean that they wouldn't have to reveal the information that they did and that there's no reason for them to other then it being a stupid decision.

They haven't revealed the ending, Did Nintendo really show us the last boss fight and everything to the point where the credits roll?.. Nope
And what exactly is a true Zelda fan?

There is no true Zelda fan since we are all equal and there is no ending spoilers that Nintendo have released.. stop making things up.

They haven't revealed the ending, Did Nintendo really show us the last boss fight and everything to the point where the credits roll?.. Nope
And what exactly is a true Zelda fan?

There is no true Zelda fan since we are all equal and there is no ending spoilers that Nintendo have released.. stop making things up.

I never said they revealed the ending I said major plot points such as the final boss. That in itself can be more important than the actual last battle depending on who's playing. For me, knowing the ending boss is worse than the last boss fight. It's been confirmed who the last boss is hasn't it? That's what I'm referring to and I'll be damned if I'm accused of making things up! If we are all equal here then we are all True Zelda Fans. What I mean by a true Zelda fan is someone that doesn't even need a spoiler of any kind to go and buy the game. There's a difference between someone who'll play Zelda cause it's there and someone who'll go out and analyze and study every aspect that they can of the same game. It's like trying to say that there's no such thing as normal when there is in reality a societal normal that's established for the most part. It'll differ from culture to culture but it's still there.

How is it a stupid business move to give you details about the product you're gonna buy? Are you honestly telling me you wanna spend $50 blindly?

How is it a stupid business move to give you details about the product you're gonna buy? Are you honestly telling me you wanna spend $50 blindly?

I'm saying I don't need EVERY detail about something where part of the fun is discovering the majority of it for yourself. Isn't that what Zelda originally started as? I'm not saying that a few details are bad, but A LOT of details can be. The key is to reveal just enough to grab attention and they did that a long time ago did they not? The recent release of all the information isn't necessary to grab attention anymore but is just revealing.

We don't have every detail. We don't have close to every detail. We've not seen very many of the game's puzzles or cutscenes.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I never said they revealed the ending I said major plot points such as the final boss. That in itself can be more important than the actual last battle depending on who's playing. For me, knowing the ending boss is worse than the last boss fight. It's been confirmed who the last boss is hasn't it? That's what I'm referring to and I'll be damned if I'm accused of making things up! If we are all equal here then we are all True Zelda Fans. What I mean by a true Zelda fan is someone that doesn't even need a spoiler of any kind to go and buy the game. There's a difference between someone who'll play Zelda cause it's there and someone who'll go out and analyze and study every aspect that they can of the same game. It's like trying to say that there's no such thing as normal when there is in reality a societal normal that's established for the most part. It'll differ from culture to culture but it's still there.

Major plot points?
Can you give me exact details why Zelda has been kidnapped and why they need her?
Can you tell me how the Master Sword will be forged without using the word "Fi"?
Can you tell me what blanks from other Zelda titles SS fills in and how they get filled in?
Can you tell me how the Royal family will be established?
Can you explain to me who the other demon tribe members are?

The above are MAJOR plot points, And we have no clue about them.. Which is why I'm defending Nintendo when people say that they spoil teh game too much. Even if it's been strongly hinted that the big guy is the final boss and we know his name we still don't know what his intentions are, how he gets revived or anything else from his characters other than his scary looks.

And yes, There are people charactirized as normal people in society and pretty much everywhere. But there are no such things as true Zelda fans or true Human beings.. just sayin'

I never said we have every detail, I'm saying we have a lot and some of them are major plot points. Puzzles and gameplay are one thing, considering that the true fun of gameplay is actually playing. I'm talking about discovery of areas, characters, and plot points, the actual story component. I am a guy that likes the story aspect more than gameplay, but that's beside the point. The point is that there are some plot areas that have been revealed and discussed and some things leave little to be discovered. Things like items that we obtain and the like. We know what all the items in the game are, there's nothing to discover. Things like that are what I'm talking about.

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
I'm saying I don't need EVERY detail about something where part of the fun is discovering the majority of it for yourself. Isn't that what Zelda originally started as? I'm not saying that a few details are bad, but A LOT of details can be. The key is to reveal just enough to grab attention and they did that a long time ago did they not? The recent release of all the information isn't necessary to grab attention anymore but is just revealing.

We don't have every detail. We don't have close to every detail. We've not seen very many of the game's puzzles or cutscenes.

Major plot points?
Can you give me exact details why Zelda has been kidnapped and why they need her?
Can you tell me how the Master Sword will be forged without using the word "Fi"?
Can you tell me what blanks from other Zelda titles SS fills in and how they get filled in?

The above are MAJOR plot points, And we have no clue about them.. Which is why I'm defending Nintendo when people say that they spoil teh game too much. Even if it's been strongly hinted that the big guy is the final boss and we know his name we still don't know what his intentions are, how he gets revived or anything else from his characters other than his scary looks.

And yes, There are people charactirized as normal people in society and pretty much everywhere. But there are no such things as true Zelda fans or true Human beings.. just sayin'

Can we please cool our jets before things get out of hand? Thank you.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well, if you really only look at the main page and at the titles, then this is very far from detailed, it doesn't even give you basics of the plot etc.
How far should a "no spoiler" policy go? Should they have called the game "The Legend of Zelda: XXXXX" and revealed the name only at release (because y'know, "Skyward Sword" already "spoils" that the game has to do with a sword and the sky...)
But even if you go in-depth, there's still not "every detail" revealed. We don't even know yet who most of the bosses are or even how to beat them, just to name an example. Or how the overworld areas and dungeons are laid out etc., basically we only know general things about that areas change and dungeons have to be revisited.
And for the "final battle" being revealed: First, we don't know a thing about how the final battle will be and what dialogue will be in there. Second, this wasn't officially released by Nintendo but by someone who "snatched" the demo disc and made a text dump. Not Nintendo's fault. OK, they could've removed those things from the demo more thoroughly (at least they did removed most part of it because a lot is missing that we already know about), but hey, one can always exaggerate. Maybe the stuff left in the demo is just some beta left-over which won't be in the game at all?

Major plot points?

I can say quite a bit actually. I came up with an answer for just about all of your questions, and have actually seen some of them posted in this forum. And knowing the guys name takes away from what I'm talking about... the essence of discovery. We know who he is now, the name was part of the mystery. And dear god how many times do I have to say that I NEVER said EVERY DETAIL?! I said there are some major points which can leave us absent of discovering them. We know how the Imprisoned is released and the location of dungeons and the locations of what the map is itself. There are undeniable major points we've seen or read that are now not going to be fresh to us.

Also, whenever I talk about a true Zelda fan it's basically saying the difference between a casual gamer and a hardcore gamer. The difference between the guy that turns on the game and doesn't really care and the guy that is so worried about his stats that he's obsessive. While it would be nice to say that we are just people and that we're all equal there are suttle differences in everybody that can subcategorize people to a degree, this is a fact and while it may be denied does not make it any less of a fact. The guy that is better able to do math and science equations but isn't very athletic compared to the one who can do everything athletic he tries with ease without hardly any effort. While it would be nice to say there isn't a difference, there quite obviously is. Take someone who likes both Skyrim and Zelda, but would go out of his way for Skyrim where he would just play Zelda cause it's there. That would be the case of a true Skyrim fan. Take the same situation and reverse it so that the person will go out of their way for Zelda but would just play Skyrim if the opportunity came up. That's a true Zelda fan. There are differences, saying otherwise isn't going to change the fact. Another good example would be the four old men that have never missed a Superbowl. One could call them true Superbowl fans considering the lengths they go to to make sure that they're there.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I can say quite a bit actually. I came up with an answer for just about all of your questions, and have actually seen some of them posted in this forum. And knowing the guys name takes away from what I'm talking about... the essence of discovery. We know who he is now, the name was part of the mystery. And dear god how many times do I have to say that I NEVER said EVERY DETAIL?! I said there are some major points which can leave us absent of discovering them. We know how the Imprisoned is released and the location of dungeons and the locations of what the map is itself. There are undeniable major points we've seen or read that are now not going to be fresh to us.

Yes you came up with an answer for those questions and please share them, I can assure you that Nintendo hasn't released any info on any those points.
And I even couldn't find the answer for a single one of those questions here on the forums that aren't a theory, So that pretty much debunks your theory that Nintendo spoils some major plot points.

And I don't quite understand how you reason when you say that his name was part of the mystery that we were about to discover, How is knowing his name going to spoil his character for us?.. If you ask me then I'd say that they spoiled his character if they released information on his personality and intentions, The only spoilment they have released IMO is the actual looks of his character, Which is something that could've been kept secret.

Yes you came up with an answer for those questions and please share them, I can assure you that Nintendo hasn't released any info on any those points.
And I even couldn't find the answer for a single one of those questions here on the forums that aren't a theory, So that pretty much debunks your theory that Nintendo spoils some major plot points.

And I don't quite understand how you reason when you say that his name was part of the mystery that we were about to discover, How is knowing his name going to spoil his character for us?.. If you ask me then I'd say that they spoiled his character if they released information on his personality and intentions, The only spoilment they have released IMO is the actual looks of his character, Which is something that could've been kept secret.

You just said it yourself... something that could've been kept secret. And I just said that part of the mystery was revealed. For instance, whenever we first see this character in the game the reaction won't be quite the same. Instead of seeing him for the first time, it'll be for the second, or third time. We'll just see him and be like "Hmm... it's "insert name here"" instead of, if the information we do have wasn't released, "o_O oh... my... god... who and what is that..." As far as the things we've seen and theorized on... many of them aren't very hard to guess and are kind of obvious as to what the purpose of it is. While Nintendo hasn't said it blatantly, it's fairly easy to figure it out as far as their purpose. I have never once said that EVERY detail has been revealed, but all I'm saying is that they could have kept certain things hidden to make the game better when we play. The big guy and the water dragon's name could easily have gone without being released and the game would still have kept every bit of it's intrigue and would have given it a little more when we actually play through ourselves. I'm just saying that there were some things that could have been kept secret and still have made the game's anticipation great.

Z

zeld@

even looking at some of the titles of threads reveals more than some people want to see, myself included.

This. I don't care if the thread title reads "SPOILERS" when the thread title also says "HEY GUYS SINCE I PUT [SPOILERS] LETS TALK ABOUT HOW LINK KILLS SO-AND-SO AT THE END OF THE GAME IN THIS THREAD". That's spoiling the game to everyone who read a thread title. Tell people to stop doing that, seriously.

Last edited by a moderator:

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
This. I don't care if the thread title reads "SPOILERS" when the thread title also says "HEY GUYS SINCE I PUT [SPOILERS] LETS TALK ABOUT HOW LINK KILLS SO-AND-SO AT THE END OF THE GAME IN THIS THREAD". That's spoiling the game to everyone who read a thread title. Tell people to stop doing that shit, seriously.
I'll say it again (not only to you), if you already regard such things (titles) as spoilers which possibly ruin the game for you (you may have your valid reasons), then seriously... stay away from the Skyward Sword forums! Really, what are you doing in the SS forums if you don't want anything to be spoiled? Do you expect that people still pretend that it's June 2010 now and speculate only using info that was available then? What else should we discuss about in the SS forums? If you still want to talk about Zelda generally, then there are a lot of other sub-forums open to you, some of which are dealing with Zlda generally (World of Zelda or the theory section) while others are dedicated to specific games (Modern Zelda, Classic Zelda).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom