• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Please help identify this music video "ad" featuring Zelda?

Hope it's okay to post this here as well, no responses in the Media forum but as this is Zelda related, here goes:

A short time ago (around midnight mountain time between Sunday and Monday this week) I got a random ad from "Will It Crush" on my phone that I believe was actually a music video, given how long the progress bar seemed to indicate the video to be and what I saw (especially the fact that a band appeared).

It started with someone (couldn't tell if it was a man or a woman sorry) playing Link's Awakening on an original gansta Gameboy while sitting on the steps outside of a building before Navi flew over, got their attention, and led them through the doors of the building and then through a courtyard to a room with a pedestal containing the Master Sword, OoT style. The person pulled the sword, disappeared in a flash of light, a band appeared, and the person finally reappeared wearing Link's outfit before walking down the hallways.

At this point, I had a massive brain dumb: instead of turning on the volume or switching my headphones from my computer to my phone (I have a habit of simultaneously watching YT vids while playing muted idle or puzzle games on my phone) to hear it and try to figure out what song the video was via the lyrics, I closed out the ad and game before trying to find it on Google (and more recently, both the Zelda Dungeon and wikia); suffice to say, I have failed, and decided to try and ask here on the forums if anyone knows what this is. Anyone know what this was?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
No I don't but there aren't that many Zelda related ads, so it'd be pretty easy to look up.

As for where to post this, the Media was the correct spot, and I don't believe this would fit as well, although it does in fact relate to Zelda. Since you are a newer member, your post probably went unnoticed, but this problem will fade, especially if you decide to post in more active sections.

While you're here (We all hope you stick around), I suggest you make an introduction thread if you haven't already, and try out a few forum games. We have an active mafia section and an active RP section over here to.

Hope this helped

Unfortunately there don't seem to be any comprehensive lists of ads or music videos that feature Zelda content or references as far as I can find... I even checked the TV Tropes page, in addition to multiple google searches for music videos with Zelda and the like (various wordings were tried, including ads with Zelda and then some). I did see a forum thread and a list of video game references in music, but none of those were what I saw... erg this remaining unknown is driving me nuts lol. Too bad it isn't as simple as an ad for BotW or somesuch...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom